Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 270393 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #1680 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:13 pm »
Admin have always right
No he's not. Also that's a terrible way to back up your point.

Besides,
It's not that you're not allowed to ask Soldat questions here, it's that their visibility will get limited. If someone looks in the Active Topics page for Soldat related posts, they're going to ignore this topic that shows up in the lounge.
That's a much better point and I can agree with that.

all his questions are soldat related, it would be good to have all this question in ONE separate topic, so other people would check this instead of looking here where is 85 pages of questions :]
If someone wants to find an answer to a specific question - they shouldn't be looking through a list of something completely unrelated hoping that they get lucky and find a question/answer they're looking for. They should use the search function which is much more effective at finding the answer no matter what thread it's in.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:38:13 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1681 on: April 02, 2014, 04:19:41 am »
Ok next question, can someone from mods could delete Vucgy92 signature? its HUGE

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:21:47 am by Akinaro »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1682 on: April 02, 2014, 04:21:38 am »
You do know that there is a report function for such trivial things?

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #1683 on: April 02, 2014, 04:28:17 am »
Ok next question, can someone from mods could delete Vucgy92 signature? its HUGE

Yes its HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE if you enlarge every picture :D ( you're such a a*****ole)
But if you don't (YES YOU DOT HAVE TO PRESS THE IMAGES !) its 100pixels height what is really the lowest as It should be
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:38:58 am by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1684 on: April 02, 2014, 05:00:14 am »
:]
""you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels""

:P I got you! xD hehe...

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #1685 on: April 02, 2014, 05:01:08 am »
:]
""you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels""

:P I got you! xD hehe...
Where is that from ?
EDIT: And its the same 1 or 5. One image will be 100 pixels height and Five will be 100 pixels height so I dont see any difference or problem

And if you want to be like a jurist then I can put all images in one
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:05:00 am by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1686 on: April 02, 2014, 05:02:13 am »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1687 on: April 02, 2014, 04:49:55 pm »
how to delete part of poly?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #1688 on: April 02, 2014, 05:22:27 pm »
Select the "Polygon Selection" tool (W key by default), click on a polygon with it, press "delete" on your keyboard.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1689 on: April 02, 2014, 10:50:10 pm »
I said part of it not the whole thing...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1690 on: April 03, 2014, 01:14:55 am »
You can't.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #1691 on: April 03, 2014, 04:58:35 am »
where does drax get all this energy, i hope he gives up soon so we can all go back to being inactive and dying.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1692 on: April 03, 2014, 05:29:57 am »
Looking at gratitude of few people here, for making maps, trying to make real wiki and supporting forum life, i think I was wrong to spend here so much time...
Its seems that there was hidden reason why this community was dying...

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #1693 on: April 03, 2014, 05:52:39 am »
Soldat's playerbase decay is nothing compared to let's say WoW's so don't be too negative towards it. Also one thing I've noticed is this goddamn useless intro which pops up everytime I start soldat on my laptop(who the fuck needs that really).

Im chill like that

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1694 on: April 03, 2014, 06:04:32 am »
Its hard to be not negative if forum is filled with old users that don't play anymore, or play only sometimes in some gather/clan servers, they don't like changes in game, no matter what, they always be against new ideas/users in discussion with old forum trolls, just because they dont give a F anymore, they visits this forum just to check if someone post something in dev log or in the Lounge.
I have "who is online" tab open all the time so I see who is online and what they doing. Almost every conversation end up with "I dont like it GTFO", or in sudden appearance of DarkCrusade/other old user that just post random things to annoy others...

And at the end no one care what you did for forum. They focus on one small quote from  your post that you post just because you quarrel with some troll. Some people dont care about overall, they see one sentence and judge you using this...
I know that its just internet forum, but everytime I have hope that there are normal people here...

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #1695 on: April 03, 2014, 06:24:15 am »
Not sure if you realize those oldfags are spinebone of Soldat and that most likely will not change. You also can't expect to come here for a few months when forums have been alive for solid number of years and try and change everything, Soldat community developed its own sensuality over the years and you will have to try and fit in rather than stand out and force changes. I know you are filled with ideas and want to force feed them to us all but that won't do the trick, you will have to try different approach dude.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:26:15 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1696 on: April 03, 2014, 07:04:26 am »
I don't want to change it, and dont judge people by date when they register :] you would be surprised how long I watching you all. I registered as a Akinaro just because I get back to Soldat(And I needed few scripts :P )
And maybe few of this users are "spinebone of Soldat" but so what? Just because that we need to pray to them?

I dont care who they are, its not my fault that random people have more balls to keep soldat alive and just because they are "older users" I'm not gonna forget that Soldat need changes to be alive. Sticking to old users that are sit in their closed community and recall old times and bitching about new users so they stop annoy them is a bit stupid.
You think that sitting here and spending all the time to blandish to old user gonna help game?

I dont care about them, I just have time and I thought that it would be nice to spend it here, helping soldat community, If you want sit here and wait few years to "fit in" to current game situation, and overall its your call.

And I thing we should stop this conversation, DarkCrusade gonna enter here with his lame comment confirming my opinion about your "spinebone of Soldat"

I'm not gonna have typical "focha na świat" but I think maybe your old users should show me how to support this community, making new maps, wiki, random forum ideas(like logos) etc. I would be surprised if in the next year gonna be different than last few months
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:05:57 am by Akinaro »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #1697 on: April 03, 2014, 07:28:16 am »
You see, people like you have been a part of these forums for long time, but they usually spawn dozens of ideas over few weeks-months only to leave without a trace few months after. I've witnessed dozens of those throughout the years. Also spending time here most likely will not translate to actual activity boost. And trust me when I say old users know their shit, you should be asking for their opinion instead of bashing those who are against your drastic changes. What soldat needs is a steady plan. Quick firework-like propositions will most likely fail. Updating wiki won't magically boost activity - thought it could be one part of the plan. Don't be put off by my posts I'm nothing but supportive of soldat development but it has to fit overall game style which we all got to love.

Im chill like that

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1698 on: April 03, 2014, 07:45:15 am »
Quick firework-like propositions will most likely fail. Updating wiki won't magically boost activity - thought it could be one part of the plan.

I didnt post any unreal firework ideas. You probably thought about someone else or overall suggestions from people.

Every suggestion that I made can be done by devs, and they did few of my suggestion(like removing bots from player count in lobby).

Or my idea to make better maps for soldat. I didn't stop at just suggestion, I started to made such maps.

And Of course Wiki not gonna help, buts its good start to have new place for users that look for information, list of stuff, maps, scripts, and they dont have mood so spend few h searching forum, becuase try to find something using search: you need to browse list of unrelated posts.

Wiki remove that problem:
You looking for tutorial? You get simple list of tutorials, quick and without offtopic talk that you need to scroll.
 And if such things are fast to get, more people would use it because time is money today
: first steps in game should be easy and quick, with no useless searching for help in old topics and asking for remade something so its would like to work in new version.
Forum is good for discussion, wiki is good for first step and place to get basic informations, tutorials, FAQ about server, if someone need more help he go to forum. But he would always start with wiki where he know that he get basic informations without digging in posts.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:41:17 pm by Akinaro »

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #1699 on: April 03, 2014, 01:21:58 pm »
I am not bashing anyone posting some ideas and I love this game so much that any conversation about Soldat interests me, even If I feel your talking jack shit. I think a lot of the ideas & things you have been doing are really great Akinaro & have brought in some great discussions/interest from the community/DEVS, especially your maps. That being said I would challenge anyone to read all of Drax's posts without smacking their head into a wall atleast once.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat