Author Topic: ctf_Haven  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
  • WHAT? I can't hear you!
ctf_Haven
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:23 pm »
yes, the complete name is ctf_Haven, not ctf_Heaven. Haven, not Heaven. not a typo.

now, onto the map:

questions/comments/concerns, please post them here. (by the way, not completely scenery-ized.)
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
Re: ctf_Haven
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:44:36 am »
might be too dark, I'm not sure on the gameplay but polygons may be too skinny again and this map may be spray and pray, bravo spawns look kinda dodgy. I'm not sure if all this information is right but it's not bad :)

Off topic: I played a game called haven and it was pretty good

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:34:51 am »
it is much lighter. i don't know why, but photobucket makes everything darker.

as for the poly's they are pretty thick, and the beta side does not get too tricky. the spawns for them place them relative to the positions for the alpha, probably actually better defense wise, while alpha gets a better offense plus.

as for spray, thats why i added all the random islands. they are pretty effective spray killers. it's really just the bottom alpha island and the sides of the big top long island you have to worry about.
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:47:53 pm »
Looks like a motorcycle.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 05:29:22 pm »
ok...
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 05:37:46 pm »
Looks like a motorcycle.
Clean your glasses.

@the map, I'd like see a better drawn layout, not so randomish. I vote for thow this to the bin a start another definite layout map, like ctf_Iron or ctf_Trench? Or maybe try with a DM map now?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:39:17 pm by ~Niko~ »

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:22:12 pm »
actually, i was intending to mirror it, but it would then be like 16000x5000 something, so i just dropped and rolled with it. once again, like spire, it plays suprisingly well. i added another little island that can help prop you up to the smaller top island.

the map is pretty darn complete, i'm just finishing up some touches. i can upload the map to here and you can play for yourself.
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 06:39:10 pm »
yeah looking doesnt look very good, id like to test gameplay damn it  :-\

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:45 pm »
well then, here is the link!  :P

ctf_Haven
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 09:27:39 am »
what is this piping hot manure doing, lying in this topic?
This is not a map, this is something someone does into diapers after a ten ton meal of milk and cucumber. Thats exactly what it looks like (take a look at the screenshot of the map), only the milk exits as urine- thats why it didn't make it into the screenie. Who stole the scenery? Why do you treat the alpha team so badly and what the hell is the blue flag doing on that edge (waiting to get pushed down by teammates so it would fall down before enemies could catch it)(there is also a reason why roofs and borders are placed onto a map)?

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 10:55:20 am »
rotate 20ยบ anti-clockwise = inf
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 11:48:30 am »
uhh...there is an almost 90 degree edge near the blue flag. i can make it bigger, i guess.

and i didn't steal any scenery. except for the moon, i guess. but i got it from the default bin, so is that stealing?

and how do i treat the alpha team badly? i based this map off defense and offense plusses. alpha gets a good head start, lending them a great offense. but beta gets quality defense spawns.

i guess i'll just keep working on it.
huh...

Date Posted: September 13, 2008, 12:26:05 pm

umm...here is a remake. as you can see, the only scenery i use is the moon, suns at 2% size (for stars) some cols, wire, and grass. all in the default folder. i really hope that's not considered stealing...

the back against the blue flag is now taller and steeper. the alpha flag has also been pulled foreward so it is hard to push off, and the first alpha spawn has been pulled backwards. i hope thats much better. i'm just really a begginer. this is my fifth map, and i really just want to come out with at least one that will be played.

i'm really sorry if it doesn't turn out well...huh...
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er