Author Topic: Sigvatr is finally famous!  (Read 13397 times)

Offline Snow

• Camper
Re: Sigvatr is finally famous!
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2008, 11:57:51 pm »
The kid's got balls and that's what separates him from so many, but I have a feeling that he purposely tries to be as controversial and extreme as possible, just to attract attention. If he wasn't trying to attract attention and just did what he did, I think he'd still get attention, but would a little more respected for not being a pussy.

And Lapis, I hate to say it, but that furry smiling furry anime girl pic is disturbing to look at or actually - IT looks at you ... into your soul.. and then consumes it. *shudder*
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2008, 07:12:29 am »
It still invalidates your whole theory on how I would react. I am sure the other 5,999,999,999 people in the world have all played Muslim Massacre and they all find it extremely upsetting and hateful. [/sarcasm]

A single exception does not make common sense any less than "common sense". Most people would still fall under that category. A theory cannot be failed with a single exception.(at least in social or nature sciences)
Always remember the succubus...

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2008, 07:26:21 am »
that doesn't make any sense.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2008, 08:03:59 am »
It still invalidates your whole theory on how I would react. I am sure the other 5,999,999,999 people in the world have all played Muslim Massacre and they all find it extremely upsetting and hateful. [/sarcasm]

A single exception does not make common sense any less than "common sense". Most people would still fall under that category. A theory cannot be failed with a single exception.(at least in social or nature sciences)

Seriously, get a grip. First of all, it's a game.
Are you possibly saying that a game that portrays racism is worse then a game that protrays sexism, or violence, or even racism, but to a different culture. What if say someone made a game about how african's starve and are poor and eat dirt? Would that be considered racism? Would it be condemned? It's still portraying a group of people from a different country with a different culture in a degrading way.

Oh, but wait, Africans are worried about people being racist towards them.

Seriously, get a grip.

Not every piece of media ever made in existence ever is going to be a multicultural ray of sunshine and butter mellows, Racism happens, and you're only defending the game, which you obviously don't understand the point of it, because it depicts your nationality/heritage/ ancestry, whatever in a poor light.

A piece of media suddenly looses the point of being controversial and satirical when it becomes multicultural and politically correct.

This is a prime example of how people don't understand jokes and humor. It's like when a black comedian starts going on about "Niggers eating chicken and watermelon," and everyone laughing , but when a white comedian does it, suddenly it's a no fly zone. humor is humor, people see it in different ways. When humor is mixed with a defiance of political correctness, people never seem to see the joke, only that you're a bastard and that you should of been killed at birth.

People are too serious.
Lol, internets.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2008, 08:21:39 am »
or maybe shock humour is just really fucking stupid and unimaginative. how can nobody get that?

look at the chaser, it's still a good show, but it's gone downhill because they've started focusing more on pranks like APEC.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2008, 08:48:42 am »
It's not great, but it's not worth people getting ballsy and pissed. I mean sure if he had of beaten a black guy up in front of a large group of people it wouldn't of caused half the commotion that the game caused. It's partly because it's racisim and partly because it's a GAME that people get offended.

Idiots, we are all idiots.
Lol, internets.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2008, 11:00:09 am »
People should start learning to draw lines between humor and insults.

It doesn't matter what YOU think its humor, it what other think that matters. So before classifying racism as humor pie, think what others might think about it.

Date Posted: September 17, 2008, 11:58:35 am
It's not great, but it's not worth people getting ballsy and pissed. I mean sure if he had of beaten a black guy up in front of a large group of people it wouldn't of caused half the commotion that the game caused. It's partly because it's racisim and partly because it's a GAME that people get offended.

Idiots, we are all idiots.

There still is the difference between a random crime and spreading the hatred.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2008, 12:05:20 pm »
I'm still laughing at the fact that it's a video game and it got you all so pissed off. Meanwhile there's suicide bombings, hate crimes and genocidal terrorist groups out there that no one seems to give a shit about.

Hell yes, we must certainly focus upon this VIDEO GAME above all other threats to my race/culture/society.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2008, 12:31:48 pm »
or maybe shock humour is just really fecking stupid and unimaginative. how can nobody get that?

Shock humour, particularly racism has a charm of juvenility about it. Immaturity, ignorance and arrogance are funny. You either 'get' it or you don't.

If you don't then you're probably so far up your own arse that you are licking the inside of your skull.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2008, 12:34:55 pm »
I'm still laughing at the fact that it's a video game and it got you all so pissed off. Meanwhile there's suicide bombings, hate crimes and genocidal terrorist groups out there that no one seems to give a poo about.

Hell yes, we must certainly focus upon this VIDEO GAME above all other threats to my race/culture/society.

No I am not pissed off, but I do think that the game is distasteful and people should start to learn how to appreciate high level of humor.

Date Posted: September 17, 2008, 01:32:33 pm
or maybe shock humour is just really fecking stupid and unimaginative. how can nobody get that?

Shock humour, particularly racism has a charm of juvenility about it. Immaturity, ignorance and arrogance are funny. You either 'get' it or you don't.

If you don't then you're probably so far up your own arse that you are licking the inside of your skull.

Who left the modding cage open and let mangled out?

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2008, 01:05:14 pm »
I'm not pissed off either. I've got respect for the guy. I just wish he'd do what he was originally good at. Of course, getting pissed off over a game, while there is death, hate crimes, major poverty, greed, etc out there is somewhat hippocritical. If you can raise your fist and scream about a game, then you can raise your fist and scream at racists, corrupt politicians, greedy pharmaceutical companies, etc.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2008, 01:15:44 pm »
Is this game a hard-hitting yet intelligent satire of the war on terror, or just....killing muslims? From what I've heard, it sounds like the latter.

I hate Jack Thompson as much as anyone, but I still don't get how this game isn't morally lax to say the least. Though I don't think Sigvatr himself is racist, I think this is just him trying to make another shock-game to get people's attention- which has indeed worked.

So, what is the 'satire' part of this game?

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2008, 01:37:45 pm »

I'm going to run around punching people in the face because it doesn't bother you. Being able to laugh at a joke aimed at a people who are constantly taking shit is not a testament to how easy-going a person you are, it shows just how much of a jackass you are for not respecting someone elses sensibilities.

If it bothers someone else, then it's not for you to decide whether the game is offensive or not, it already has been defined as offensive.

Of course, getting pissed off over a game, while there is death, hate crimes, major poverty, greed, etc out there is somewhat hippocritical. If you can raise your fist and scream about a game, then you can raise your fist and scream at racists, corrupt politicians, greedy pharmaceutical companies, etc.

Don't change the subject. That sort of appeal to morality bullshit will not change if the game is racist or not.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2008, 01:49:43 pm »
It's already been defined offensive by people that are politically correct to the extreme. I'd like to see them try to not be offended.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2008, 02:05:37 pm »
It's already been defined offensive by people that are politically correct to the extreme. I'd like to see them try to not be offended.

You think that the PR group for muslims is going to NOT defend their religion? Or do you automatically assume that because these people are offended by this game that they are offended by everything?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2008, 02:37:09 pm »
Is this game a hard-hitting yet intelligent satire of the war on terror, or just....killing muslims? From what I've heard, it sounds like the latter.

I hate Jack Thompson as much as anyone, but I still don't get how this game isn't morally lax to say the least. Though I don't think Sigvatr himself is racist, I think this is just him trying to make another shock-game to get people's attention- which has indeed worked.

What I got out of it was a single point that sigvatr beat into the ground by making a game about it:

People are fine with killing faceless hordes of enemies, but something so simple as putting a label on that horde becomes unspeakably offensive.

There was also some crappy attempt at political satire that I ignored because I like my explanation better.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2008, 02:38:15 pm »
The title of the game has already offended them badly, how much worse could it be?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2008, 02:47:23 pm »

What I got out of it was a single point that sigvatr beat into the ground by making a game about it:

People are fine with killing faceless hordes of enemies, but something so simple as putting a label on that horde becomes unspeakably offensive.

There was also some crappy attempt at political satire that I ignored because I like my explanation better.
Violence for the sake of violence sucks just as much as racism for the sake of shock value.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2008, 02:52:51 pm »

You think that the PR group for muslims is going to NOT defend their religion? Or do you automatically assume that because these people are offended by this game that they are offended by everything?

Political correctness doesn't mean that people who are politically correct are easily offended, they just want to blam stuff and put a politically correct label on it so they could look professional. However, if there were professionally opinionated people here, they wouldn't be commenting on a 2-d game.