Author Topic: Fee for BattlEye services  (Read 39339 times)

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: Fee for BattlEye services
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2008, 06:34:32 am »
so? what happened to the monthly fees? is it a temporary solution?

I have now decided personally not to ask for money from you directly, as long as BE is integrated into the game. So no, not just a temporary solution.

It's nowhere near the condition in which it should be asked money for.

Believe me, I honestly wouldn't ask for it if it wasn't.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline BlisterEye

• Major(1)
  • Better than you.
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2008, 07:47:01 am »
Well the fact that it sometimes checks in areas of dynamic addresses when it isn't supposed to do so and kicks me for memory corruption shouldn't be considered and classified as "ready". Yet. I mean most of the stuff is down packed and ready to go. But there's a couple of things such as this one which makes BE not ready for selling.
Then again, it's your product. So you do whatever you please. Good luck with all your future projects.
Kalashnikov + Knife.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2008, 08:00:51 am »
I never had problems with BE, and i can't imagine soldat without it. Hackers will spread like bugs. I hope this fee will be low  :-\

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2008, 09:07:17 am »
Sable, I must say you've done an outstanding job with BattlEye. BE made Soldat safer for clan matches, gave time to the developers (to implement awesome features!), and thwarted would-be hackers from ruining our favorite game.

Some players posting in this thread don't understand. Most of them never knew what Soldat was like without BattlEye. For them, I must apologize.

I'm thankful that you and MM have been able to work out a long-term deal for the better of the community. You would have been more than reasonable in asking a fee for BE services after all your hard work, and you're a saint for working for free so long.

In any case, I think this thread has come to a good closing point.

Cheers,
ElephantHunter
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.