Author Topic: Fee for BattlEye services  (Read 39319 times)

Offline spkka

• Camper
Re: Fee for BattlEye services
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:50 pm »
I understand the whole problem but why not let MM buy a license to run Battle Eye for the whole community.
BattleEye became a part of soldat and now soldat can't do without?

Personally i won't use it if it not free. Sorry to say thanks for your hard work but i already payed once and im not feeling spending more money in this game.

Our problem or MM's problem?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 12:22:57 pm »
Don't mind Biscuiteer, he's probably in a shock.
No, he has a valid point to which I agree.
Way to monopolize. We can't be sure you won't screw us over in the end.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 12:25:15 pm »
I agree with hyrr, if your going to charge too much for BE, then I'm happy to play on non-battleye servers. Just because the server with BE are sometimes very unreliable.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 12:30:53 pm »
I've seen more people banned by BattleEye for lag than for cheating. Come to think of it there was a weapon hacker in Saw and Law today and we had to manually do the honors.

I'd rather just go out and buy myself a real game. Or play WoW.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 12:36:43 pm »
I've seen more people banned by BattleEye for lag than for cheating. Come to think of it there was a weapon hacker in Saw and Law today and we had to manually do the honors.

Actualy !Elite Saw & Law and !Elite Snipe & Slice is a different story since bugs occur there almost all time (speed saw, barret shooting and yet doing no damage, no way to reload saw, knife has xxx ammo, etc...)
Text goes here...

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 01:03:14 pm »
the clientside use of BE will still be free.
what do you mean with this? first you say the hoster will have to pay a fee for BE, but the client side BE will still be free? do you mean that the clientside BE will be low quility for free (would probably be used on pubs)

I will soon be introducing a small monthly fee for the BattlEye technology being used on game servers.
as named above, the client side is for free. so is this some improved BE technology? if it isn't an improved system that will replace the clientside BE, then your post did not make sense.

also the fee should be very low (for financial reasons). after one really can see it works, and is frequently updated. you may rise the fee a bit, or add some advanced Improved BE Technology.

and for those of you who are confused:

if you only PLAY on a BE server you WON'T have to PAY.
if you HOST a server with BE you WILL have to PAY.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:06:57 pm by -Major- »

Offline MY_FIREMAN_IS_HUGE

• Soldier
  • Fags.
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 01:09:08 pm »
I doubt anyone will pay for the shitty BE right now. If you made it better and flawlesss, people might pay.
In Russia, Car drive you.  [AUG] + [DE]

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »
the clientside use of BE will still be free.
what do you mean with this? first you say the hoster will have to pay a fee for BE, but the client side BE will still be free? do you mean that the clientside BE will be low quility for free (would probably be used on pubs)

I will soon be introducing a small monthly fee for the BattlEye technology being used on game servers.
as named above, the client side is for free. so is this some improved BE technology? if it isn't an improved system that will replace the clientside BE, then your post did not make sense.

also the fee should be very low (for financial reasons). after one really can see it works, and is frequently updated. you may rise the fee a bit, or add some advanced Improved BE Technology.

and for those of you who are confused:

if you only PLAY on a BE server you WON'T have to PAY.
if you HOST a server with BE you WILL have to PAY.

BE is currently composed of two parts: a clientside, which is what everyone has, and the serverside, which runs on the server and communicates or otherwise interacts with the client. Players, who all have the clientside part, will not have to pay for that use; server owners will pay for use of the server side module. Not paying means your server is not protected by BE at all. The clientside part of BE disables itself when the server isn't using BE.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 03:59:33 pm »
$able has put immense amounts of time into this, and I see why he wants money for it.
It would be nice to know how much you ($able) are going to ask for it though, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra to use it. Also, how are you going to implement it?
For example, the standalone ded server that you d'l will NOT have it? But major providers like u13, enesce.com, and selfkill will come with it for a small extra charge?

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 04:02:04 pm »
$able has put immense amounts of time into this, and I see why he wants money for it.
It would be nice to know how much you ($able) are going to ask for it though, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra to use it. Also, how are you going to implement it?
For example, the standalone ded server that you d'l will NOT have it? But major providers like u13, enesce.com, and selfkill will come with it for a small extra charge?

At a guess, I'd say he'd implement a license management system, where the server checks your license with the master server and activates if it's valid; so anyone running a dedicated server would be able to use it.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 04:05:32 pm »
Will we pay per server ? No please.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »
OMG. I totally predicted this and I'm not kidding.  From the looks of it, BattlEye already has a bad reputation of being a terrible anti-cheat system (Although I would have to disagree), this will give server owners another reason to simply not use it.

I'd also just like to say, it won't be long until Soldat turns into from a completely fun and low-resource 2D game to a bug-infest, software-bloated, and crappy shareware game.  It would seem the exit from the community for me is enclosing.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2008, 05:02:12 pm »
Iron Floyd. BattlEye client not responding.
Iron Floyd. has been kicked for BattlEye violation.

Floyd here is a regular at TMS climb for a while now...never hacked, never lagged, and yet had some problems with BE. I'd start paying for BE once it becomes seamless and bugless, but at the stage that BE is right now, you're better off holding a real job than just sitting at home living off your parent's allowance.

Server administrators with no life can easily solve the hacker problems. No offense to anyone that fits this description.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2008, 05:34:12 pm »
I'm not sure if I would pay for BE in 2 or 3 servers, mostly depends on costs. I do hope that this means that there will be put more effort in the development of BE, at least I asume it will. We all noticed the increase of hackers over the past months/weeks. I can understand that $able's work has become more intensive, so I understand he wants money, but then use it!
Also, i would suggest to Enesce to make a possibility for clients to accept any kind of files (not just *.wav). I guess this could cause security risks, but it also opens the possibility for other (free, mabye) 3d party anti-cheat software.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Major .:Noob:.

• Major
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2008, 06:00:41 pm »
Bullsh*t.

How about you make a system that actually works properly before you start charging people for it?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2008, 06:44:59 pm »

Actualy !Elite Saw & Law and !Elite Snipe & Slice is a different story since bugs occur there almost all time (speed saw, barret shooting and yet doing no damage, no way to reload saw, knife has xxx ammo, etc...)

Not WM bugs; we're talking real live whackerrrrrrrs...
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »
Idk, but I got kicked sometimes by direct hook #3 or something, then corrupted memory and crap... ruined a few CW's...

Offline kestasjk

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 07:34:57 pm »
So we need to pay for the anti-cheat service on a free server in a free game?

What a joke.. bye bye BE

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 07:42:34 pm »
BE isn't quite well enough designed for good functionality.  I still saw a hacker here and there and saw plenty people including myself getting kicked from mr. flawly battle-eye.
Please have a functional battle-eye before charging for it.
not quite a wise investment for server hosts.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2008, 08:07:24 pm »
So we need to pay for the anti-cheat service on a free server in a free game?

What a joke.. bye bye BE

No, only server owners will be paying for BE (if they so choose).
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came