Author Topic: Fee for BattlEye services  (Read 39320 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Re: Fee for BattlEye services
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 08:20:24 pm »
So we need to pay for the anti-cheat service on a free server in a free game?

What a joke.. bye bye BE

No, only server owners will be paying for BE (if they so choose).

Exactly.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 08:35:46 pm »
Personally I think this is not a great idea until BE is a more polished product.  I also don't think a model like this will work for a free game, and it will cripple the game more than it will work out for people.

What does MM think of this?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:45:12 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 08:36:13 pm »
That can jepertize all the servers, instead of 500-800 servers, we might go down to 200-300. depending if people are mad about it or not.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 08:40:46 pm »
I reckon you should use the TeamSpeak model, $able. Only people who want to resell should have to pay the fee.

Well, for TeamSpeak, it's a reg fee, but at least it doesn't harm the people who want to continue running their server for free. At least then you'd get money from the people who're making money, and the people who want to run servers for free or from home are not affected.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 08:59:07 pm »
imho, hes just jealous that hackers (me inc) are making more money off soldat (and battleye itself) that him. thats fair enough, but i really dont see how people will pay for something to keep hackers out that hackers can get around anyway, not to mention the false positives. imo battleye will have to become a whole lot more secure before anything like that will work.

and if he charges for battleye, there will be less servers with it, bypass sales will go down, but hack sales will skyrockets since they dont need a bypass, and soldat will be flooded with randoms with air man again like the good old days. its not exactly win-win on our side, its a bit of win-lose, but there will sure be a whole lot more win than lose, i can guaruntee that. lucky $able has us to make hacks so more people will buy his crappy protection.

Offline JupiterShadow

• Camper
  • MS Paint + Adobe Lighting effects FTW!
    • 55274-640-8484137-23948
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:38 pm »
Meh, hes just jealous that the American economy is crashing and he couldn't afford feeding his family.

Offline Rooster

• Major(1)
    • The Australian soldat community.
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2008, 10:48:18 pm »
So let me get this straight, you want people to pay for a Anti-Hacking program, which doesn't even stop hackers? In a free internet 2d sidescrolling game. Wow, you're a fucking idiot.

Offline AnU

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 12:23:19 am »
boycott
“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”
                                                                                       -Bob Marley

Offline Original

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 02:05:51 am »
Only a fecking retard like $able would make us pay for something THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:36:17 am by Original »

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 03:09:41 am »
Oh come'on, cut out cursing  :-\
I guess none likes that idea but still no reason to curse him..

Offline Xavios

• Major(1)
  • [KXI-TIO-763-444-RKR] Catastrophic
    • FAER Incorporated
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 03:17:29 am »
And lo!, the days of the BattlEye Anti-Cheat Engine faded into memory - then from memory to myth - eventually to be forgotten like yesterdays afternoon breeze...

(Edit: Cheers Bendarr, I didn't mean to paraphrase LOTR - it just happened.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 04:07:56 am by Xavios »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 03:49:15 am »
Bleh. A bad decision for a software that isn't even near that effective yet.

OBEY!!!

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 03:56:02 am »
And lo!, the days of the BattlEye Anti-Cheat Engine faded into memory - then from memory to legend myth - eventually to be forgotten like yesterdays afternoon breeze...

Anyways,

As a person who knows a great deal about the integrity of Battleye, I decided to post here to give my opinion.

Sable is a complete lazy, careless, and greedy fool; he doesn't care about the game that he used as a test run to see if he was good enough to actually get into making hack prevention systems (which he is not, or at least hasn't shown it yet).

His program is mediocre at best.. It decreases FPS, bans for no reason, and the main flaw, IT DOESN'T DO SHIT TO PREVENT HACKING IN SOLDAT.

For Sable to request that individual server owners pay him for his "service," is like a hobo cleaning your windshields with dirty water without you wanting it, and then asking for a dollar afterwords. Battleye isn't needed at all because of its lack of performance, so unless Sable grows a brain, he is gonna just get fucked in the end of this ordeal.

For those of you who are ignorant and believe you're actually safe with this program running, you need to wise up.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 04:06:27 am »
And lo!, the days of the BattlEye Anti-Cheat Engine faded into memory - then from memory to legend myth - eventually to be forgotten like yesterdays afternoon breeze...

Anyways,

As a person who knows a great deal about the integrity of Battleye, I decided to post here to give my opinion.

Sable is a complete lazy, careless, and greedy fool; he doesn't care about the game that he used as a test run to see if he was good enough to actually get into making hack prevention systems (which he is not, or at least hasn't shown it yet).

His program is mediocre at best.. It decreases FPS, bans for no reason, and the main flaw, IT DOESN'T DO poo TO PREVENT HACKING IN SOLDAT.

For Sable to request that individual server owners pay him for his "service," is like a hobo cleaning your windshields with dirty water without you wanting it, and then asking for a dollar afterwords. Battleye isn't needed at all because of its lack of performance, so unless Sable grows a brain, he is gonna just get fecked in the end of this ordeal.

For those of you who are ignorant and believe you're actually safe with this program running, you need to wise up.
Orly ? Well, in case that this really happens we'll see where there are gonna be more hackers. At BE protected servers or at non-BE protected ones. You know the answer don't you ? And yeah, it's not 100% hacker proof but it's fucking better than the old days where "supermen" were a daily routine in my servers. So just stfu cause you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2008, 04:15:42 am »
Watch the flaming guys; you can disagree, but keep it respectful. Not just to $able, but to each other.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2008, 04:17:41 am »
I am sorry chrisgbk but the ignorance of some people just piss me off.

Offline Etheryte

• Major(1)
  • The deadline was when?
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2008, 04:25:58 am »
My prediction is that there will be fewer public servers and a lot more password protected ones. It will probably disadvantage the small-time public server owner, though, that is if it will be pay-per-host.
Yours truly, P. Etheryte

Offline DemonicForces

• Major(1)
  • Evil?!?
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2008, 04:52:05 am »
Hum ...
If I need to pay for BE idk if I will use it any more ...

Why?!?

1. There are new hacks out who aren't getting detected by BE  :o
2. BE kicks sometimes players who have no hacks  >:(

=> I should pay for a Buggy piece of poo which doesn't work fine?!?!

...I would pay if Everything would be fine but this way...
there is no difference between if BE is on or not ...

Ok it was better at the first time with BE...
But now?!?!
New Hacks => Nothing changed

I see no difference between the old days ... out of I have to pay more now?!?!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 04:57:24 am by DemonicForces »

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2008, 04:54:00 am »
I am sorry chrisgbk but the ignorance of some people just piss me off.

who the fuck cares about pubs anyway? :o
a good player plays like a hacker for them anyway.

Offline Xavios

• Major(1)
  • [KXI-TIO-763-444-RKR] Catastrophic
    • FAER Incorporated
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2008, 04:56:55 am »
who the feck cares about pubs anyway? :o
a good player plays like a hacker for them anyway.

Most of Soldat's userbase use public servers... The N/A R/S community alone has 11 public servers.