Author Topic: Fee for BattlEye services  (Read 39407 times)

Offline BmC Soldat

• Major(1)
Re: Fee for BattlEye services
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2008, 12:29:09 am »
Keep in mind, people, that this is one of the many soldat communities. There are dozens of smaller ones, and with the power of the internet, everyone that's registered to their forums will know the password to their community public servers. This alone will stop all the hackers that just server search, and join w/e server they can to wreak havoc.

I do remember a certain hacking site (ok eC, forgot about mentioning names) creating a hack which takes encrypted server data, and somehow gets a password and adminlog from it, but I think that was stopped by eC, not Sable.

Again, BE is only remotely useful for public servers, which 90% of the community could live without them.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2008, 01:05:44 am »
Point made, but there's no need to continually dig into Sable over it. 
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline BmC Soldat

• Major(1)
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2008, 02:57:45 am »
I'm not continually digging him.

It's important that this community realises they aren't the only ones who play soldat.

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2008, 06:12:44 am »
Anyway, I don't understand why someone just doesn't hack the hacker's website, then there would be no hackers!!!!!!

lol...thats illegal mate. if anybody tried that, theyd get arrested big time. im suprised you didnt get a warning just for suggesting that...but i guess you were ignored like most of the other noobs whining here.

and to the uninformed persons who suggested that -Removed- and -Removed- are $able, you are sadly mistaken. i know for a fact that -Removed- is very impressed with what battleye has done for soldat, though i doubt he would be sad to see it go.

battleye does do a pretty good job - it detects almost everything (mostly hacks), and not just anyone can bypass it without at least a bit of research. though i have always thought that the hardwired anticheat put in by MM and enesce has always been more effective, as it makes all the things that its designed to stop impossible (or very close to it - some things have work arounds). but if you think about it, most of you really wouldnt want to go back to that...theres only so much it can do.

so if you want anyone but hackers in your servers, pay the man. otherwise, be a stinge and whine about how crap battleye is while you still get it for free - you will be whining a whole lot more if it goes - ill make sure of that.

(People who keep naming cheaters, which is against forum rules, will start receiving short forum bans -EnEsCe)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2008, 08:36:09 am »
lol, how the hell should I know one of those two where I cheater :O, the DM map named person looked like a normal person. I guess the one who put up the rules are a little harry potter fixated :).

anyhow, those who cheat on gahters or cws have these advanced hacks which BE won't notice. but BE probably helps some. although I rarly see a hacker getting kicked, it's more like 70-80% innocent people getting kicked.

anyhow, it's just for Sable to put up the fee for BE, because there's absolutely nothing this community can do, except talking about the price.

the price should be at 1 dollar or 0.7 euro, because you won't get wealthy on soldat. it's a small free game.
but adding this fee you need to work more with BE (stop banning innocent people, and better hacker detection).

oh yeah, the flaming I did before. was mostly because I was bored, so I wanted to have some fun.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2008, 10:33:35 am »
Ok, I talked with MM some more and we found a solution for now.

A few more things:

- Rarely seeing hackers being kicked: Right, but this is natural. At best cheaters try the hack on BE servers once to see it's detected. Most of the time others reported that already though, so they won't even have to try themselves. The number of people being kicked is no real sign for an effective anti-cheat.

- Bugs: Personally, I can't live with bugs. Each bug I know of and identified is eliminated asap. I can truly tell you that there are currently no identified bugs left for fixing. If you find something, report it.

- More updates: This really amazes me (if those people are serious): 1) Did you even notice the number of updates, especially recently? 2) You won't always notice that there is an update, often updates are only done server side or on the BE Master without involving file updates. 3) Why release an update every day if the hacks are detected?

- Effectiveness: Yes, it is effective. If you knew what innovative techniques BE is using, you would probably agree some more. Besides - without praising myself - the two top hackers (not you -Removed- :P) both agree on this, so what else do I want?
There is no 100% security and there never will be, but I'm always doing my best. And everyone can help me by donating some money and buying private hacks to send them to me, if you want them to be detected.
On a side note, the most famous bypass is offline for over a week now due to BattlEye and the creator himself congratulated me on the BE system.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:03:45 am by EnEsCe »
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2008, 10:59:49 am »
so what is the solution?

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2008, 11:01:30 am »
People complaining that alot of innocent are getting kicked because of hooks being detected and not updating, that's all there fault for running shitty programs and having bad connections. I have being play Soldat long before BE was brought into it and I have never once being kicked by it.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2008, 11:05:51 am »
Ok, I talked with MM some more and we found a solution for now.
so? what happened to the monthly fees? is it a temporary solution?

Offline ElephantEater

• Major
  • Don't confuse me with ElephantHunter.
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2008, 11:10:52 am »
On a side note, the most famous bypass is offline for over a week now due to BattlEye and the creator himself congratulated me on the BE system.
Lol'd, he was complaining about it in IRC. Good work.

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2008, 11:11:50 am »
Please give Sable his deserved respect. I have nothing but respect for him. Sable has perfect work ethic. He is 100% accurate in detecting and fixing bugs. I'm not like that. Even if you are still having problems with BE he's doing his best. Some bugs are my fault, and will be fixed in 1.5.
It was his primary effort in integrating this system in Soldat and even if he quit today he should be thanked because he did this work for free for all of you to have the most fun out of this game - hacker free.
I made an agreement with Sable so the fees won't be introduced, but it will affect other things, I have to make money, we all need it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:16:35 am by Michal Marcinkowski »

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2008, 11:20:00 am »
But still, what does the agreement look like? Because if it actually has bad affect on your productions and stuff I'd rather pay $able :-\
Text goes here...

Offline BmC Soldat

• Major(1)
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2008, 12:03:38 pm »
If you implement a donation system Sable, I'd be happy to donate.

Even if it's only for a while that you receive donations, it's better than a kick up the arse.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2008, 03:51:39 pm »
still my vote goes for 1 dollar a month on every server that wants BE protection. sharing the registration fee or you buy some rights is a rather bad solution for both of you.

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2008, 06:35:14 pm »
well u dun need BE if you have an admin on they can just get kiked even if there are no admins,the hackers will get voted out XD

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2008, 01:31:13 am »
well u dun need BE if you have an admin on they can just get kiked even if there are no admins,the hackers will get voted out XD
yeah, while the hacker is capping about 10 times before u even trying to votekick him,
and when you actualy ban him, he somehow bypass it and reconnects.
still want to try it without the BE? ^^

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2008, 02:47:36 am »
hmm u have a point but be randomly kicks you (fail to update.)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2008, 05:01:58 am »
the more usual kick is for BE not responding.

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2008, 05:07:21 am »
the more usual kick is for BE not responding.

u said it yourself be ..so be is usless in somecases

Offline BlisterEye

• Major(1)
  • Better than you.
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2008, 05:57:08 am »
Lol $able is just jealous of that famous bypass creator's profit and that is why he is going to start charging for BE. ;)

On a more serious matter, ElephantEater is right. Guys at the hacking community have not flamed $able - he did a good job in preventing a lot of stuff from being used effectively. And those members who realize and recognize his good work have not flamed him.

However, I do believe that paying for BE will be a blow for Soldat, if it gets continued to be used as the anti-cheat program from now on. It's nowhere near the condition in which it should be asked money for.

I am impressed with the fact that the bypass has not worked for a week now though. Commendable work, $able.
Kalashnikov + Knife.