Author Topic: [SoldatRadio] Interviewing DarkNoddy  (Read 3269 times)

Offline SoldatRadio

• Major(1)
[SoldatRadio] Interviewing DarkNoddy
« on: September 21, 2008, 03:11:38 pm »
Hello everyone.

Darknoddy is gonna get interviewed LIVE the (be informed later) by Ok and I (felix).
You can already join the soldat-radio channel (#soldat-radio@Quakenet) Be ready for lots of revelations.

You can open this with Winamp and ITunes.

->http://selfkill.com:8000/listen.pls <- ( not always on air, check in the channel to see)

The end of the interview will be reserved for your questions, more infos coming through the channel.

--/)')-
-('o')- 
(")(")-

See you soon.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:11:49 pm by SoldatRadio »

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
Re: [SoldatRadio] Interviewing DarkNoddy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:17:19 pm »
Sounds intersting ;)
Text goes here...

Offline The Goliad

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:23:58 pm »
I keep having to rebuffer every 3 seconds.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 03:24:16 pm »
why care about a nobody getting interviewed, that a crucial matter as far as I know.
Can't you get someone who can reply something witty and that makes sense at the same time to interview?

Otherwise the general idea of having Soldat Radio is a great!

love,
Günther

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:42:34 am »
A nobody? Maybe you are just ignorant. Oh wait, not maybe. You are.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:58:15 am »
why care about a nobody getting interviewed
?
DarkNoddy is rather well-known for everyone playing soldat and using irc.
He's soldat.gather owner.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 10:20:51 am »
Horve is just jealous he isn't the one being interviewed.
Text goes here...

Offline SoldatRadio

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:25:20 am »
Btw Horve, the soldat-radio has been up for 5 years (with some inactive periods), MM already got interviewed out there for those who don't know.

I'll see you there.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 12:23:32 pm »
Is there a way to record it (iTunes preference), or will you record it and then later on it will be available for download?
Text goes here...

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 01:31:05 pm »
Well, I tend to not give a flying feck about anyone who is not the creator of Soldat, is not constantly on the Irc channels I'm on, is not an expert mapper, is not a developing team member or just a good acquaintance - everybody not specified in the previous list = nobodies and I am not obliged to know them.
Makes sense doesn't it?
I don't have much time to give a crap anyway because I have several other things to do and do not have time to keep an eye on whatever happens with soldat until a new version of it gets released. It isn't ignorance, its common sense to prefer real life activities to moderately useless knowledge about a virtual community where people are, or pretend to be even more immature than me, don't trust, respect etc.

And as for darknoddy's gather creation success, very good for him. Is creating gather what it is now his lone accomplishment? Did he give birth to everyone in his channel? I seriously doubt it. All he did is create a channel that happened to be the first of its kind due to a lucky circumstance. Luck however, is not a virtue, fortune is based on chance.

I'm not envious ffs... I don't listen to the radio and wouldn't want to be there either cause I suck at forming sentences or making my points of view clear enough.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:37:52 pm by Horve »

Offline Mothafix

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 01:35:32 pm »
Well, I tend to not give a flying feck about anyone who is not the creator of Soldat, is not constantly on the Irc channels I'm on, is not an expert mapper, is not a developing team member or just a good acquaintance - everybody not specified in the previous list = nobodies and I am not obliged to know them.
Makes sense doesn't it?
I don't have much time to give a crap anyway because I have several other things to do and do not have time to keep an eye on whatever happens with soldat until a new version of it gets released. It isn't ignorance, its common sense to prefer real life activities to moderately useless knowledge about a virtual community where people are or pretend to even more immature than me, don't trust, respect etc.

And as for darknoddy's gather creation success, very good for him. Is creating gather what it is now his lone accomplishment? Did he give birth to everyone in his channel? I seriously doubt it. All he did is create a channel that happened to be the first of its kind due to a lucky circumstance. Luck however, is not a virtue, fortune is based on chance.

Horve is just jealous he isn't the one being interviewed.

Offline D1337

• Major
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 04:50:35 pm »
Makes sense doesn't it?
I don't have much time to give a crap anyway because I have several other things to do and do not have time to keep an eye on whatever happens with soldat until a new version of it gets released. It isn't ignorance, its common sense to prefer real life activities to moderately useless knowledge about a virtual community where people are, or pretend to be even more immature than me, don't trust, respect etc.

I'm not envious ffs... I don't listen to the radio and wouldn't want to be there either cause I suck at forming sentences or making my points of view clear enough.

lol but yet you've got plenty of time to think and write this over ;)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGG

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:25 pm »
horve you're so ignorant if you think darknoddy hasn't done a lot for this community.
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 05:45:48 pm »
horve you're so ignorant if you think darknoddy hasn't done a lot for this community.

He's done so much of that, I really haven't noticed what

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 06:13:08 pm »
Knock it off already, Vig.  They wouldn't interview him without good reason.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 06:14:01 pm »
Wait wait hold up dude. You don't use irc right? You don't play gathers?
Trust me, starting up and maintaining a bot for so long without any monetary reward is pretty respectable.
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 06:35:53 pm »
lol at horve.

but I don't see any dates about the interveiw.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 07:14:43 pm »
Nice to see the Soldat Radio back. :) I've still got some recordings from the original one.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline soulblade

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 07:30:54 pm »
If you spend so little time in the soldat community as you say (blah blah I have a real life blah)
Then who are you to say someones a nobody, your the nobody.

Hope this interview goes well ^^

Offline ramirez

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Camper
    • Soldat Central
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 02:51:43 am »

He's done so much of that, I really haven't noticed what

Why's the gather not enough? Noddy has spent a lot of time coding the bot improving it for years, maintaining the service (without good maintenance it wouldn't be as popular as it is). He's contributions are far away from "just creating the channel". That and he's generally a very helpful person, I believe he has helped with a lot of other Soldat related projects, such as the Soldat Radio (I might be wrong, but I think it was Noddy who scripted the bot for #soldat-radio).

Anyways, when exactly is the interview?