Author Topic: I dislike you. Severely.  (Read 19502 times)

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
I dislike you. Severely.
« on: September 24, 2008, 12:55:11 pm »
I'll let the quotes speak for themselves for this first portion.

10/10 bloodzcape = master troll

pm:
Quote from: bloodzcape
heyy whats a troll?
Good game bloodzcape, good game.

why are u full trying to embaress me ,no im new i duno half the slangz u guys use and what the hell the gg for?
11/10

However, I tend to shy away from anything that has a layer ad pop-up as soon as you open the site.
deal w/ it nerd

I live in Holland feck you guys

GO AS PEDOBEAR LULZ!!!!XDDD

try lovertits
HOLY poo lover CENSORS TO lover

Haha you actually visit 4chan.

That truly is sad.
Haha you actually still visit soldatforums.

That truly is sad.

I'm downright sick of your bollocks. You, Frogboy, Captain Ben (thank my nonexistent god that assmuncher is banned), and the likes of you.

LUL LETS CUNFORM N FLAME URRVRYONE BUT ESPECIALLY jrgp CUZ ALL DA KOOL KIDS DO IT!

Get the feck off my subforum. Go out and oh-so-intelligently criticize people in the real world if you're so fecking ballsy. Otherwise, I'm just going to delete every single post you make in here until you get banned, because your posts cause my brain cells to deteriorate.

As for the rest of you, you can read, right? Good. Read the rules and the subforum descriptions. Make your threads where it's appropriate.

This goes in the testing subforum.
This shouldn't even exist.

Shape up, maggots! What the feck are you, retarded Indonesian pygmies? And if so, why do you have a computer?

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
Re: I dislike you. Severely.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:04:51 pm »
Thank You... Thank you.
Holy Poop!

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:06:42 pm »
I agree, Kazuki is finally taking things into his own hands :)

We Salute you Kazuki.

More warnings/banns have to be handed out then.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:10:26 pm by Sir Jeremy »

Offline Rhombus

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:08:15 pm »
I agree with you, but I'll give you a tip: save your breath. You're not gonna change them. If this is just some rant to get rid of frustration, go ahead. If you really want them to shut the bleep up... mission failed by default. You can't. They won't stop being annoying pricks. (ever?)

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 01:12:30 pm »
Notice the rise in immaturity is directly related to the decline in activity by the respectable members of the forum?

This place has gone to hell, and no one is gonna put their foot down because these children are the life blood of the community now.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:13:29 pm »
I would disagree. I think people act retardet because everyone else does as well. Shape up the forum community, and this trainwreck could be good yet.

For the people this is minded to, I'd suggest they take it as a warning. I know Kaz, and when he says something like this, he means it. Keep bollocksing around, and you'll get your prison asses banned!

By the way, nice of you to finally wake up, Dimitar, you mo'fo'..
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 01:16:28 pm »
I dislike you just made me remember this thing posted on some C&C Renegade mod forums

aircraft killer you ar not just a big jackas and you the big head
just you create glacier flaying f*** you big jackas
your maps is bad you want I wrught this the maps is bad
hey is one year your promess a con yard wirh a single player
power plant in one maps and is don't just ack
I tell all replyer in this forum
I deslike you

here is a voiced version of the above text
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:27:15 pm by Horve »

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 01:16:45 pm »
Who the hell is Captain Ben? Anyway, every forum will have trolls. It's just desparation for attention. There's always going to be losers and rejects. The best to do is just ignore them and if they start breaking the rules by posting pron or whatever they can to hold on to any shred of attention with their McDonald's grease covered hands - ban them without question. Don't even bother to give a reason for the ban. Their physical existance in the world alone is grounds enough.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 01:24:48 pm »
Wow, Kazuki finally exploded in anger.
Text goes here...

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 01:34:57 pm »
Update the Sin Bin, then. :/

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 01:35:13 pm »
Ever since flamingo went to 4chan and changed his sig similar to that of legendary he's been acting like a 2 year old baby troll that trys to mask his poor english skill with caps and internet fads.

Ben used to be amusing with his unorthodox way of flaming and explaining things. But nowdays he just spams.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:37:06 pm by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 02:45:22 pm »
This made me lol, I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner. The stupid "lul randum" talk has been hurting my eyes lately, so hopefully this works. It was kinda fun for awhile though, like waching a dog without front legs walking. Sad, but kinda funny.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 02:52:17 pm »
Unfortunately, the way the warning system is done, warnings must inefficiently be given manually. However, this is completely understandable, as FLAB can't perform everything we ask him to.

So from now on, I'll be using my own judgement. If I have to delete too many of your posts, I'll directly ask FLAB or Chak to ban you. No warnings. I assume you're old enough to know what you should and should not be posting, not to mention that having your posts deleted should be a sign that you're doing something wrong.

The issue in these forums is that a good portion of our moderators, myself included, are either inactive or barely active. Give jrgp permission to ban violators and watch how quickly this place shapes up. Unfortunately, although I'm a moderator of many subforums around here, I only frequent this one, and thus only moderate this one.

When I have time, I'll look into methods to improve the current state of the forums. For now, I'm fed up with idiots to the point where I would abuse my power and risk losing it than continue putting up with any further bollocks.

Edit: Didn't Vijchtidoodah create a thread that talked about forum etiquette? Anyone wanna find that for me?
@Horve: What? >_>
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:01:12 pm by Kazuki »

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 03:02:05 pm »
@Horve: What? >_>

topic title: "I dislike you. Severely."

As soon as I see the combination of those words, that specific text pops up because of its extreme randomness.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 03:06:17 pm »
Yeah, haha, I caught that.

I thought you were comparing my ramblings to that mindlessness, in which case, FROWN UPON YOU. That did make me go "WTF," though. In a good way.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 03:07:29 pm »
Oh shit, Kazuki really is pissed off now...

Wait, then I have a question Kazuki, why didn't Flamingo ever had any warnings then? I mean Frogboy has it, but Flamingo doesn't.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 03:12:59 pm »
Flamingo didn't have warnings because I was lazy. Consider this a warning to everyone who orgasms every time they post bollocks.

This is not the Bash Pit. I need to talk with any other mods and admins to see if we can get some new staff on board. For now, I must head to class.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 03:23:06 pm »
At first I admit it was funny but now its pretty stale. Flamingo/ben.. whoever just need to take a break and start fresh. Kaz I wouldn't go on defending jrgp he may be a nice kid but he does deserve a good amount of the flack he gets. At least until he gets out of high school and past his social stigma. jrgp does not have the judgment to be an admin much less a moderator, nor the sense of humor. I have been preaching(silently) the fact we need mods since about 2 weeks after I became a mod. That has been a while.

When I was a mod I did try to ironfist this place into something more intelligent but I might have just been the wrong person/a little too harsh too fast. You can read what the other mods thought of that yourself in the mod forum kaz. Personally I think I my methods did work and when I was removed the lounge started going downhill.

Just need someone that can stand the drama really.
@ii

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 03:31:39 pm »
I have been preaching(silently) the fact we need mods since about 2 weeks after I became a mod.
This is my first time ever hearing this. When were you a mod?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 03:33:34 pm »
I have been preaching(silently) the fact we need mods since about 2 weeks after I became a mod.
This is my first time ever hearing this. When were you a mod?
Sometime in 07 I think, was going to resign cause I got tired of the drama but got removed due to clashing with other mods.
@ii

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 03:39:44 pm »
I agree, Maybe we should need some new moderators with the skill, and the time to sort out stuff.  T Would be a good Choice ;)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 03:44:28 pm »
I agree, Maybe we should need some new moderators with the skill, and the time to sort out stuff.  T Would be a good Choice ;)
No thanks, I have been able to ban people at my will with my sneaky Christian magic. Being a mod is a lot less fun.
@ii

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 03:49:54 pm »
Flamingo didn't have warnings because I was lazy. Consider this a warning to everyone who orgasms every time they post bollocks.

This is not the Bash Pit. I need to talk with any other mods and admins to see if we can get some new staff on board. For now, I must head to class.
So finally it will br more clean from spam and shit?
Text goes here...

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 03:51:06 pm »
@ One Gram : Banbaiting, right?

jrgp has been on here long enough to know what's spam and what's not, and he's been taking crap from most people for a long time, and has been able to handle it easily enough. Sure, what could be predictable about him is that he may make some wrong decisions, but that's all there is to it.

(This from a slacker admin)

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 04:03:32 pm »
I was lookign for "a thread that talked about forum etiquette" from Vijchtidoodah but all I found was a sticky from another board which is talking about behaviour in-game. I'll try looking some more after I get my 7 hour sleep...
Text goes here...

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »
jrgp is 14/15 years old, is not physically appealing, begged for my attention, made maps that completely pissed me off, is rather gullible and DOES NOT PUMP IRON. He is a perfect Moderator for Soldat Forums

For those that didn't know of me, I'll bring to you some history
after gettin banned two times I had to come up with a disguise
Horve is Vig and Vig is horve, the word derived from a common "hore"
well, not confidential, banning my real nick was coincidential
then I was unbanned again to bring among you more true pain
I have a static IP address so it means some sort of madness has overwhelmed the lords of soldat forums after which I can now see, been granted clemency
I haven't thanked the savior yet, you can bet, but also, it is something that up to this day I do regret
it took me just some words to make a crowd of stupid nerds create an inferno of destruction at which I looked with satisfaction
I was punished just for that, I can't deny that its a fact
their reactions were so true, I grinned at them and laughed at you, and I keep doing it that way cause that is who I am today
I rarely do say any good, cause evil cures my own bad mood
and all these years I've been around, I must say that I am still bound
to hit you in the face with truth that provided with some proof
is how I did it long before newcomers opened Soldat Forum's door
but this I say, you should not trust in any way, too much power into hands of kid's desire
Since no one here could claim to be no angel, saint, but hypocrites under false names
playing the games set by the rules of these here Soldat Forums

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 04:40:18 pm »
The Only one I found was for Gaming Etiquette, I'm not sure if there was one for the Forums.  I mean the rules are "etiquette" Enough.  But I will look again, maybe I can find something.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:58 pm »
Flamingo won't be replying to your thread for another few days or so, as he was banned last night (two hours before this thread) for those mentioned posts and also for posting a topic which consisted of "why does soandso suck cocks"

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 04:55:45 pm »
Nice addition to the rules lol. T wasn't a bad admin, he was just a little... crazy? The place was certainly cleaner then. As far as I'm concerned, we need more admins. Whether or not jrgp is the right choice is neither here nor there, but I don't want this place going to crap. It is significantly better than most other forums I've been to, including flamingo and be, and I'd like it to stay that way.

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 04:57:59 pm »
About your text Horve, so you mean that your soldat character has to be provoking and "evil"?. not trying to start something bad her just want to know

Is it just me or does it feel like everyone thats been warned is talking here.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 05:05:46 pm »
Flamingo won't be replying to your thread for another few days or so, as he was banned last night (two hours before this thread) for those mentioned posts and also for posting a topic which consisted of "why does soandso suck cocks"

I saw that topic during my research, actually. You really should suck less cocks, though.

... <3 Kidding, of course.

Gram, where did you run off to? You're not in the IRC channel anymore. ;_;

I'm not really trying to start an election campaign for jrgp or anything. It was more or less a statement to prove a point. Even if jrgp isn't the most qualified person for a moderator, this place would STILL be better off if he was one, mostly because these forums are hardly ever moderated, if at all.

If ya can't find any such thread about forum etiquette, don't worry about it. Perhaps I was just mistaken. I couldn't find anything, either, except for the gaming etiquette in General Discussions.

I'm glad that you're a relatively active admin, NSC. Chakra seems to have disappeared on us, popping back in to make a monthly funny. Can't blame 'im. He's got things to take care of. Same goes for FLAB, as far as I know. I'm surprised he's as active as he is.

When I get home tonight, I'll probably start a thread in the mod subforum concerning replenishing the staff.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 05:23:41 pm »
Finally. Thank you Kazuki.  :-*

OBEY!!!

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 05:41:11 pm »
Yay for soldatforums? :)

Player since late 2007

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 05:48:36 pm »
This is just a suggestion, while we're on this topic.

Have a public vote for moderator nominations and see who are the top 5 (maybe 10) or so. Then have the current staff duke it out for the replacements. The unfortunate thing is that with the way things are now, we'll see too much spam in the thread if it's in The Lounge. If anyone else has some suggestions, you can throw them out there, although it's obviously not my decision.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 05:56:53 pm »
I'm for jrgp as a moderator of some sort. He's a nice fellow and if anyone is to become one it's him :7

OBEY!!!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 06:06:39 pm »
Finally, wheels are turning. Been waiting for this. Also, are we discussing loungemods only, or a full forum nazi renovation?

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 06:07:39 pm »
the thing is these guys are trolling soldatforums
aim higher guys

But seriously, this community is pretty bad as a whole, the staff are cool but outside that only a few people are actually any good(i'm a lurker ok).
The soldat moments board is the worst piece of crap ever though.
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 06:36:46 pm »

Have a public vote for moderator nominations and see who are the top 5 (maybe 10) or so. Then have the current staff duke it out for the replacements. The unfortunate thing is that with the way things are now, we'll see too much spam in the thread if it's in The Lounge. If anyone else has some suggestions, you can throw them out there, although it's obviously not my decision.
I vote peemonkey for bot mod
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 06:41:32 pm »
Voting for mods will just increase the stupid circlejerking that exists here twistkill. This circlejerk being the IDIOTS TRYING TO BE COOL ones who just post memes and make fools of themselves.
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 06:51:37 pm »
TONIGHT, WE BAN, THE TROLLERS!!! (I dunno if I'm being a complete isiot by posting this :P)

But really, finally I see a bit of an improvement :D

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 07:17:46 pm »
TONIGHT, WE BAN, THE TROLLERS!!! (I dunno if I'm being a complete isiot by posting this :P)

But really, finally I see a bit of an improvement :D

Look, if you think posting something will make you look like an idiot, just don't post it. Please. You'd still be lurking, but we'd still have our faith in humanity.

I'm for jrgp as a moderator of some sort. He's a nice fellow and if anyone is to become one it's him :7

Oh Christ no. He's "nice", but he can't comprehend sarcasm, and leaps to the defense of those he thinks might have the same problem. We'd have half the more cynical members banned in a matter of  days.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 07:27:36 pm »
I wouldn't worry about voting for mods; the head guys here know who they like and will probably pick people on their own.

And I fully agree that the idiocy here needs to end.  The Lounge is for posting legitimate topics that don't directly relate to Soldat; it's not a place for people to say "I'm bored and have no life, so I'm going to start a forum game that makes no sense and has no point."  Sure, probably at least 95% of the people here are teenagers, but that doesn't mean that this forum needs to be an outlet for the stupidity bouncing around in peoples' heads.

However, I'm pretty much convinced that the mods and admins have stopped caring.  There's just no excuse for the people that Kazuki mentioned (and others like them, of course) to still be around if the mods were doing anything close to their jobs.  FLAB, Vjichti, n00bface, Jaybee, and anyone else modding the Lounge, please, if you're not going to do anything, then get some new moderators who will.  Maybe you're content with this garbage continuing, but there are a lot of us who aren't.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 07:34:05 pm »
Finally, wheels are turning. Been waiting for this. Also, are we discussing loungemods only, or a full forum nazi renovation?

For the time being, I'm releasing the rage on the Lounge, but that's it. If I can create a domino effect in that I get people in the correct mindset for a staff renewal, all the better. But that's really beyond my power. It's apparent, however, that a significant amount of members see the need for such an event to occur, so I don't think it's outrageous for FLAB / Chak / NSC to consider hiring a new set of moderators.

I think that, yes, there should be a vote of some sort to determine the possible candidates for moderators. However, we need a method of selection that is restricted to members who take it seriously (haha, perhaps the voting threads can be moderated strictly) and simultaneously picks an appropriate moderator for each subforum.

I'm thinking we create a nomination thread in each subforum and have those who frequent their respective subforum nominate members for a moderator position in that specific subforum. These threads would have to be kept under close surveillance so as to prevent "idiots" from skewing the results. Keep in mind, though, that this is an idea which just now popped into my head. It probably needs a lot of revision and implementation.

I do see some other issues that need to be resolved, however. For one, there are only three people in this entire forum, as far as I know, who are capable of banning people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the current roster of admins:

FliesLikeABrick -- Little activity, busy with life.
EnEsCe -- Active.
Chakra - Inactive.
ElephantHunter - Inactive.
Vijchtidoodah - Inactive.

Of course, I don't really visit other subforums, so the chances of me being wrong are high, but that's one out of five administrators that can be categorized as sufficiently active. Once again, correct me if I'm wrong on this issue. So even if we have lots of active moderators, the threat of being banned is invalid to an extent, as mods can't ban people.

Secondly, if we are going to use a warning system, I believe we need a more automated system. In the Snitz Forums (the old Soldat forums), there was a small triangle with an exclamation point in it below the avatar of anyone who had been given a warning. I believe that the first warning was a yellow triangle and the second warning was a red triangle, with the third warning resulting in a ban. When you hovered your mouse over said triangle, an information balloon would pop up stating what the warning was given for and by whom. If I remember correctly, these warnings would also automatically expire after a certain time period.

As far as I know, FLAB has had real trouble finding a similar addon for the SMF forums (the current forums). I'm not sure if that's still the case or not, but even if it is, I assume that, given the insane amount of highly skilled programmers that the Soldat community houses, we can launch a project of sorts that addresses this issue. Maybe we can get our own members to write code to better the forums.

* Kazuki shrugs.

I also need to be replaced. I'm old. XD

Edit: @Gamer: It's not that we've stopped caring. It's that some of us have moved onto college, significant others, life-molding careers, and so on. Through the principles of prioritization, we just can't be around to do our jobs anymore. And that's why we need to be overthrown.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 07:55:48 pm »
If possible can't you just use a color yellow, orange and red for a symbol like for the warning ⚠ or just ☠☠☠ for each warning :D

As for showing what gave you the warning you could post a reason in the signature with a link to the post.

OBEY!!!

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2008, 08:50:32 pm »
I agree with everything Kazuki has said.

Being an active moderator is difficult because giving someone a warning requires several PMs, editing a thread, and then setting a date and remembering when exactly to remove said warnings.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »
Gram, where did you run off to? You're not in the IRC channel anymore. ;_;
MSN, never got around to installing irc after my format. I don't know what is the active channel anymore so I just said balls to that. Just request an add on msn or facebook and you will have a constant stream to me.
@ii

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 09:21:48 pm »
The last thing you want is a vote to decide moderatorship, get some autocracy going. Dictate, don't ask for others opinions.

Clearly, by posting this thread, they have annoyed you. No consult needed, get the banhammer wailing. So essentially this post was initially pointless, but now you say we need new mods. Which is also rather pointless to post here too, considering we of little power probably shouldn't have a say.

So.... lock?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:23:45 pm by The Philanthropist »

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 10:08:26 pm »
Actually, I think I'm going to leave this up in the air for now. Feel free to discuss anything said in this thread.

The main point of it was to send the message, "Stop fecking around, or there really will be consequences."

I'm going to check with the mods and admins to see what they think about renewing the SF staff.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 10:48:55 pm »
Humm... Lots of activity. Summery of my thoughts thus far.

Thumbs up for jrgp.

Thumbs down for one gram.

Thumbs up for more mods and admins.

Thumbs up for Kazuki for bringing this to light.
(it took me days of whining before someone put up global mods, this would of taken me weeks)

Thumbs up for a better warning/ban system.
There are a hand full of devs that are experienced enough to add to the forum software. The trick is finding one who has the time.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2008, 11:17:11 pm »
Yeah, there needs to be more moderators as well as zero tolerance towards troll topics and excessive troll posts.

Let's face it.. this place has been pretty lax for a while now and I think it's driven away a lot of the older members.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008, 12:49:08 am »
I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for ya, Kazuki ;)
Text goes here...

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2008, 01:06:37 am »
Glad that you've finally clicked :D. Maybe posting here will be alot more enjoying D:.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2008, 05:08:28 am »
I remember when you said "I've never known anyone with such a remarkable ability to make me wanna bash my own skull in", or something close. Holy shedawgfist you are dumb.

I also need to be replaced. I'm old. XD
I would disagree. Being old is not enough to get you a walking ticket. You still have time to do.

edit: fine, fixed..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:11:29 am by echo_trail »

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2008, 05:09:38 am »
llllllol

cry more kazuki you b.tch

on a more serious issue, fuuck the swear filter, it is for gays

I remember when you said "I've never known anyone with such a remarkable ability to make me wanna bash my own skull in", or something close. Holy b!tchfist you are dumb.

Quote from: Rules
Abusing the swear filter.

Do not try to get around the swear filter. Doing so will get you a warning, and repeated offenses will only work you through the warning system as mentioned above.  Do you really want to get banned for such a silly thing?
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008, 06:46:14 am »
As far as I know, FLAB has had real trouble finding a similar addon for the SMF forums (the current forums). I'm not sure if that's still the case or not, but even if it is, I assume that, given the insane amount of highly skilled programmers that the Soldat community houses, we can launch a project of sorts that addresses this issue. Maybe we can get our own members to write code to better the forums.
I've talked to flies about the version of SMF this forum is running. It's several years outdated and due to that many of the newer SMF extensions and packages aren't compatible with it. He can't upgrade to the newer versions because the custom theme this installation of SMF uses isn't compatible with them. He's mentioned that if I have time he'll give me the theme sources so I can make convert them over, making switching to SMF 2.x.x painless.

Anyway, if I was given moderator / banning privileges, I'd do the best job I possibly can at cleaning this place up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:01:54 am by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2008, 08:07:36 am »
Frogboy's post has been deleted and he has been banned for two weeks.

I'm not fucking around.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 08:09:32 am »
everyone who replies inside a developed troll topic gets an automatic ban

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008, 08:12:42 am »
Haha! Oh, no, you can bash on the trolls all you like. I'm going to end up deleting the topic anyway.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008, 08:17:51 am »
If we're not gonna get rid of the swear filter, can we at least get a decent one.. even asterisks will do, f*ckers.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 09:59:22 am »
If we're not gonna get rid of the swear filter, can we at least get a decent one.. even asterisks will do, f*ckers.
I believe that the swear filters are settings that are disabled by default when you setup a fresh forum. You enter the word you want censored manually and the replacement word in another field next to it. There's also wildcards you can add (an asterisk) to the end of the word to catch variations of it in case people try to bypass it, although it's not fool proof.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 10:23:20 am »
llllllol

cry more kazuki you b.tch

on a more serious issue, fuuck the swear filter, it is for gays

10/10 bloodzcape = master troll

pm:
heyy whats a troll?

Good game bloodzcape, good game.

why are u full trying to embaress me ,no im new i duno half the slangz u guys use and what the hell the gg for?

11/10

So..... Who's worse, Frog, or Flamingo?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2008, 11:20:25 am »
I say flamingo since his disturbance usually comes in high frequency.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2008, 11:50:49 am »
I say flamingo since his disturbance usually comes in high frequency.
Yeah, same , Frogboy does spam but less then Flamingo...
Text goes here...

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 11:54:20 am »
Frogboy has made a few serious posts, whilst Flamingo has made a grand total of 0.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2008, 11:58:56 am »
Frogboy has made a few serious posts, whilst Flamingo has made a grand total of 0.

-1?

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2008, 12:07:14 pm »
Flamingo was a normal poster at one time, but his objective has changed from making normal posts to making sure everyone knows that he goes to 4chan.

Oh, and if the forums need a new moderator, I'm up for it. I may not exactly post here much, but I visit the forums every day

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2008, 12:19:03 pm »
Well, looks like score 1 for Flamingo  :-\

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2008, 12:53:38 pm »
flamin/go

paradox or irony?

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2008, 02:01:32 pm »
More like Pime Taradox, but let's leave that term aside.

Frogboy is now a true dumbarse since he just took this topic as another not-so-serious topic. Well, he got what was coming.

Flamingo never should have tried bringing the bad side of 4chan into the soldatforums. He got what was coming.

I can't be a mod simply because I like going to SF. It's the truth that it'd be more hectic.

False edit: Actually, about everyone who likes posting in the Lounge a lot got what was coming.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2008, 02:32:59 pm »
Frogboy is still stuck in the bashpit.

I'm all for Sadist as the nest mod.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2008, 03:33:03 pm »
I once tried to find out why the mods are letting Flamingo do whatever he wants here, no answer.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2008, 03:53:12 pm »
Flamingo was a normal poster at one time, but his objective has changed from making normal posts to making sure everyone knows that he goes to 4chan.

Oh, and if the forums need a new moderator, I'm up for it. I may not exactly post here much, but I visit the forums every day
Before exposure to 4Chan: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=4155.msg48674#msg48674
After exposure to 4Chan: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=29977.msg357535#msg357535

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2008, 04:14:53 pm »
I'd like to see more Global Mods, the forums have really been going to hell recently. I think jrgp would be fine, personally.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2008, 04:35:42 pm »
I think jrgp would be a horrible mod. He has no experience at all, hes not a leader and he doesn't have the self control.

Sadist would be great.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:37:20 pm by a-4-year-old »
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2008, 04:48:07 pm »
Why don't we just leave moderator picking to the current Admins and Moderators? I mean, if they would want our opinions, wouldn't they make a new topic with polls and other stuff?

But if we contine on picking/thinking up new mods...
    SadistAtHeart
    -Skykanden-
    a-4-year-old
    Wraithlike
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:53:56 pm by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2008, 04:48:27 pm »
I think jrgp would be a horrible mod. He has no experience at all, hes not a leader and he doesn't have the self control.

Sadist would be great.
Sadist is too old and out of touch with the average forumer.
[size=0pt]Sorry I had to do that[/size]
If we are going to keep discussing this, we need more names out there. Just jrgp is not enough.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2008, 04:50:54 pm »
He's 16

Unless that's a jab at the general maturity level I don't see what the hell you're talking about.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2008, 05:02:17 pm »
He's 16

Unless that's a jab at the general maturity level I don't see what the hell you're talking about.
Isn't he 15? Meh I'd still support him as a mod, he has been here quite a while...
People I'd support for mods:
Sadist
EA
Wraithlike
SpiltCoffee
DorkeyDear
Echo_Trail (ps were you the one that had a bunny in a box as your avatar a while ago?)
blackdevil
iDante ftw!

Mostly those are the people that I respect most in these forums... for various reasons.

Edit: oh yeah and gram should definitely be lounge mod again. That was pwn.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:05:46 pm by iDante »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2008, 05:24:53 pm »
Add me to the list, I'm a respectable member  ::)
I've been visiting the forums everyday except when beeing on vacation and 1month when I the new forum came ;)
I've been here soooo long.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:26:53 pm by blackdevil0742 »

OBEY!!!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2008, 05:29:05 pm »
We also need new mods for several other sections that have been undermanned.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2008, 05:33:13 pm »
Lol, go BD!

Mods for the Modding section xD

Player since late 2007

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2008, 06:16:47 pm »
Why don't we just leave moderator picking to the current Admins and Moderators? I mean, if they would want our opinions, wouldn't they make a new topic with polls and other stuff?

SadistAtHeart
    -Skykanden-
a-4-year-old
Wraithlike[/list]

I'm not trying to offend him, but WHAT? THIS GUY?!

Offline N0va

• Major(1)
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2008, 06:17:26 pm »
lol one of the funniest posts ive seen on this website

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2008, 06:21:21 pm »

SadistAtHeart
    -Skykanden-
    a-4-year-old
    Wraithlike

Tell me you're kidding.

Date Posted: September 25, 2008, 06:19:54 pm
He's 16

Isn't he 15? Meh I'd still support him as a mod, he has been here quite a while...
People I'd support for mods:
Sadist
EA
Wraithlike
SpiltCoffee
DorkeyDear
Echo_Trail (ps were you the one that had a bunny in a box as your avatar a while ago?)
blackdevil
iDante ftw!

Mostly those are the people that I respect most in these forums... for various reasons.

Edit: oh yeah and gram should definitely be lounge mod again. That was pwn.
Er, I would love Eagles_Arrows to be a mod. I love that dude.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2008, 06:21:36 pm »

SadistAtHeart
    -Skykanden-
    a-4-year-old
    Wraithlike

Tell me you're kidding.

AFAIK 4yo is already mod?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2008, 06:27:52 pm »
To Reassure you all, I do believe that the mods are going to be making a Topic were people can vote for who they would like to have for a moderator.

And as Espadon pointed out, it's true we do need more mods for other sub-forums also, so I think they are looking into that.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:29:40 pm by Sir Jeremy »

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2008, 06:39:31 pm »
Why aren't mods or admins handin' the mod recruitment? Why are WE talkin' about this?

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2008, 06:41:41 pm »

This man is a perceptive genius. (That means he's completely correct.)

Yep, that was him. Much love, echo. <3

In the interests of curiosity, I'm going to keep myself from locking this thread, but please keep it civil.

Pseudo-Update: We are definitely looking into how to go about selecting new members for moderators. We have a general plan at the moment (and some possible candidates in mind), so rest assured that steps are being taken. And to clarify, I'm talking about all of the forums, not just the Lounge.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2008, 06:44:50 pm »
To Reassure you all, I do believe that the mods are going to be making a Topic were people can vote for who they would like to have for a moderator.

And as Espadon pointed out, it's true we do need more mods for other sub-forums also, so I think they are looking into that.

Thanks.

How would you know anything about that?

Also, this is an established communist forum. No voting will take place, I'm sure.

And a4yo would make a good mod. Someone with a sense of humor for a change.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2008, 06:52:24 pm »
lol @ people who came up with mod nomination lists

* bja888 is waiting for someone to stop talking and actually do something

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2008, 07:02:23 pm »
lol @ people who came up with mod nomination lists

That's not as bad as people nominating themselves.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2008, 08:23:20 pm »
What do you mean no experience? I've banned loads of spammers, hackers, and other morons from TMS. I started that community (hundreds of unique page views each day, bunch of members, etc) all on my own and wrote the thousands of lines of code by hand. And in addition to that, I've been moderators on other forums too. (ex: EliteCTF a long, long time ago) And as for self control, I'm not a jerk or a trigger happy idiot.
There are other worlds than these

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2008, 09:03:11 pm »
What do you mean no experience? I've banned loads of spammers, hackers, and other morons from TMS. I started that community (hundreds of unique page views each day, bunch of members, etc) all on my own and wrote the thousands of lines of code by hand. And in addition to that, I've been moderators on other forums too. (ex: EliteCTF a long, long time ago) And as for self control, I'm not a jerk or a trigger happy idiot.
I HIGHLY doubt your maturity, you've been an admin for such a short time and you've already completely changed.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2008, 09:09:30 pm »
I HIGHLY doubt your maturity, you've been an admin for such a short time and you've already completely changed.
Disregarding the ambiguity of your statement, I must point out that TMS has been around since early 2007, and is still doing quite well.
In that time jrgp has shown exceptional abilities as both a programmer and admin.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2008, 09:17:52 pm »
Disregard that, I suck cocks.

No, because jrgp, like iDante said has managed TMS for oh so long since early 2007 and the website is doing great, host-wise, so you can kiss the 404'ing map download links goodbye.

And his self-control is quite good, actually. Because he's a nice guy and doesn't turn into an ass like most people. :)

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2008, 09:25:08 pm »
Alright, alright, calm down. I'm being really stubborn in not locking this thread. Don't push me into doing so.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »
You made a website that hosts maps, congrats. That has nothing to do with these forums and doesn't show any experience other than being nerd enough to make the website. Since we are talking about dealing with people, something you suck at, lets look at that. You have what... 300 members on your site compared to the craploads we have here, also this:
The most users ever online was 8 on November 24, 2007 @ 05:39 PM.
these forums are a bit more active then your site.
@ii

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2008, 02:06:11 am »
I suppose asking nicely didn't do the job.

Locked.

Date Posted: September 25, 2008, 09:40:11 pm
I apologize for bringing this back from the grave, but: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=30362.0

There you go. Results to accompany the words.