Author Topic: WMP synchronizing  (Read 560 times)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
WMP synchronizing
« on: September 24, 2008, 12:48:20 am »
My MP3 player (it's a Phillips SA3115) or any USB storage device is refusing to Sync with Windows media player 11 =(  It's worked before but it's just started fk'in up >__>  It just completely acts as if it's not there.  (like there's no device attached)  I can play the files in WMP however (when the autoplay thing comes up and I select "play with windows media player" but either way it still won't synchronize.

The bottom line is, Winamp is sh`t at syncing..  however I either have to use that or manually place the music in my folder (which is easy, but potential issues because it won't convert the files if necessary)

I couldn't find anything in the FAQ (provided by Microsoft/windows of course, go figure) or on Google.

Halp plz :3

The Prize.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:52:33 am by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: WMP synchronizing
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 02:15:39 pm »
Defragment, no wait, reinstall, or instead reformat

problem solved

does your mp3 have a firmware update, or did you update anything that could fux your sync?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: WMP synchronizing
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 07:21:14 pm »
meh.  I found the disc with the Device software on it, tried to update firmware, didn't work.  I tried doing the "repair" function, but it wouldn't do that either, and now the MP3 wont start up, it says either "Memory full" or "Repair the device with Device manager" which wont work because device manager isn't starting up and it won't update at all..... 

Guess it's fucked =(

Player since late 2007