Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 793 times)

Offline Major Pain

• Major(1)
2 questions
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:47:11 pm »
I got 2 question for you peeps:

1. How to set up the game (singleplayer, bots only) to have zombieis?
I set up a CTF game with 2 teams, select BogieMan for the other team and set randombots to 0 and total bot number to like 13. Doesn't work. Other bots are still random.

2. What's with all the "wrong map version" messages lately? almost every other server. How many different veryions of one map are there? I get kicked mid game because of that. I even downloaded some maps, both from the forums and when I join a game. Lately I can't even downlaod maps from the servers. :'(
[Minigun] + [MP5] = PWNAGE

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 04:55:47 pm »
Number 2, Maybe it's because there is just so many different kinds of maps out there, that there's always new ones to download.  That's the only reason I can think of.  Not exactly my topic here :P

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 05:38:23 pm »
there's random bots and bot team. both of these decides the bots on random. what you can do is to ingame add bots. write /addbotx -bot name- whiere x is the team number alpha: 1 Bravo: 2 Charlie: 3 Delta: 4. and this you hit the combinaton to do a "/" twice, and your last command/message will be reconstructed.

for the 2nd one. it's either what jeremy said, or you got some bug with soldat. try to restart (closing soldat and start it again) and join the server. if this doesn't work, you simple have the wrong version.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:07 am »
Don't select any bots before you start the game. Wait until you have already started and do "/addbot<team number 1 for alpha and 2 for bravo> Boogie Man". Do this until you have the desired amount.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:45:18 am »
Depends on the servers, maybe they just update the maps
Two answers:
If default maps are WMV'd, reinstall Soldat.
If you can't download maps from servers, reinstall Soldat (it helped me solve that problem)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:52:49 pm by Horve »