Author Topic: INF_Dethroned *ZOMBIE MAP*  (Read 1420 times)

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
INF_Dethroned *ZOMBIE MAP*
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:26:15 am »
Finally after quite a while without me releasing maps, I've finally created something that I fell is worth finishing.  I haven't been inactive lately, I've been making tons of stuff, but I lose my motivation to finish it usually half-way through.  Hope this will be enjoyable by members of this community.

As the title says, this is a zombie map.  A very damn hard one as well, I honestly think this is one of the hardest zombie maps of all time, I don't think anyone will cap on this, even get half-way through it.  It's THAT challenging.

Setting is a torture chamber inside of a medieval castle.  It contains various torture devices as well, my personal favorite Judas Cradle.  Others include, the Iron Maiden, Chains, the Cage, Spikes for impalement, and several others.

Map is inspired by Viggoloniggolo's inf_Fear and the name derives from a player at !Elite Zombie.  He suggested using his name, and I thought he fits quite well.

Map is dedicated to Vlad the Impaler for being a sick & twisted genius and Mr. Domino for running !Elite Zombie, all the players at the server, and everyone that helps keep mapping alive.

And here's a fitting soundtrack to go along with the map...

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: INF_Dethroned *ZOMBIE MAP*
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 12:06:03 pm »
Hey, nice job!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 01:47:20 pm »
I don't know a thing about zombie maps but Horve's are soo much better than this one, big time.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 02:13:49 pm »
huh, gotta play this, but where?

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:37:21 pm »
Might be uploaded at !Elite Zombie sometime.  If not, you can just try it yourself with around 12-18 bots.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:41:04 pm »
Only me lol... anyways whenever i try to join !Elite zombie its full >.< 6 player limit is crap.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 04:45:17 pm »
When making a zombie map, where the main focus is atmosphere, it's important to prevent huge contrast between Polys and backgrounds. You should make everything darker and moodier. As it is now, I've never seen such a well lit torture chamber.

Also, was it your intention to make it impossible for Alpha to score?

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 06:02:14 pm »
Atmosphere isn't the most important thing in a zombie map.  I'm sure most zombie maps are grisly and dark, but there are plenty that are colorful and cheerful.

I did intend for this map to be extremely difficult.  It's not impossible, you just need perfect timing when moving between parts and a lot of teamwork.  You can't expect to win this map with only one player on the team doing all the work.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 07:43:55 pm »
The problem isn't that it can't be colorful and cheerful, the problem is that it's bright, yet grisly. The combination of very bright polys and backgrounds along with dark thematic elements, and dark polys with little or no transition from the bright backgrounds and other polys make it seem sloppy.

And, It's impossible because of this:

Edit: Nevermind, you can grab it through the bottom, it is still a pain. I feel dumb for not trying that in the first place. I only tried the sided.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:50:13 pm by Wraithlike »

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 08:06:30 pm »
Kamikaze had the same flag spawn idea with his inf_cove, except the bottom part of the cage was the only solid one.

It really isn't a bad map for one who hasn't finished anything that he started. But I really do dislike hard maps because 1: It might not always be fun, and 2: it's tedious. I like maps that allow me to progress when I've gathered a bit more experience.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:52:22 pm »
After several thorough playtests at !Elite Zombie, I can easily say this is a quality map.  It's difficult, but very fun and enjoyable. 

Hosted at !Elite Zombie.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 09:00:15 pm »
Hehehehe, vlad the impaler. Pretty intense map. I like it.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace