Author Topic: ctf_Cut  (Read 3151 times)

DarkCrusade

ctf_Cut
« on: September 29, 2008, 01:16:16 pm »
Here a ctf-Map made by me today, took 4 hours, so I would be glad bout positive suggestions, but I think there´s
something to make better, please give feedback :)

ctf_cut
by DarkCrusade

The Download-Link
http://rapidshare.de/files/40582320/ctf_Cut.PMS.html

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 07:49:20 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
Re: ctf_Cut
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:20:18 pm »
We must download the screenshots? >.>
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:23:59 pm »
How can I upload the Screens to this site without uploading on an other side? Sorry 4 this, but I cannot remember ;D

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 01:24:54 pm »
imageshack...

map is empty >.>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:26:28 pm by ~Niko~ »

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 01:26:54 pm »
To attach directly to your post, click the Reply button and under the text input field select "Additional options" and it'll give you spots to upload files.
-Jamey Johnson

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 01:32:43 pm »
Thx, next time I´ll do it on the other way :) Does the Download function? When not I´ll upload it again :)

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 01:33:45 pm »
~Niko~ says the maps wont show in download.
-Jamey Johnson

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 01:37:58 pm »
That´s kinda funny caus I checked already the Download and there was nothing suspective ... eventualy he just got the wrong button :)

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 02:28:35 pm »
use forums attachments next time, or imageput.com or imageshack.us

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 02:46:18 pm »
Just what I´ve said mar77a :)

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 04:38:06 pm »
Get polyworks open,
Zoom out to a reasonable scale,
Printscreen (the key next to scroll lock),
Open up paint,
Save,
Upload to a site like www.imageshack.us
The post the link here.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 06:21:46 pm »
ctf_cut
by DarkCrusade

Overview

Download Link attached

If you don't use the forum's bbc code, and use the forum's upload system, I will hurt you.

The map's not all that pretty. The wobbly bridge looks like your handiwork of sunday happy hour's drinking time and coming home drunk and somehow managed to connect all the polygons on the bridge. The low route is absolutely open to spraying. For probably your first map, it could use a lot of improvements. But it's a good shot at default styled map, and the looks aren't too horrible. And you even waypointed it. :)

Also...you really shouldn't put your [full] name right alongside the map name, with lots of underscores even. Just name it ctf_cut, and put your name in the map comment so it appears in-game. :)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 01:16:37 am »
Thanks to Blue Ninja, I´ll "repair" my map, a few colliders and there will be no spraying :)
I thought the bridge would be nice for speedruns, just a little jumprun and u r on the other side (I don´t drink alcoholical drinks like beer or something else ;D ).

@DuckBoi: The SAME thing (just without Polyworks, but even I know what Polyworks is) posted ~Niko~ and mar77a, please don´t spamm ::)

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 01:56:10 am »
Thanks to Blue Ninja, I´ll "repair" my map, a few colliders and there will be no spraying :)
I thought the bridge would be nice for speedruns, just a little jumprun and u r on the other side (I don´t drink alcoholical drinks like beer or something else ;D ).

@DuckBoi: The SAME thing (just without Polyworks, but even I know what Polyworks is) posted ~Niko~ and mar77a, please don´t spamm ::)

Don't confuse spam with eager attempts to help you post your maps.

You have talent as a map-maker. Work on creating more natural designs (such as small hills and other variations in the terrain which allow for extra cover against spraying) and try to work on your shading. Pick a direction as a main light source and shade from that angle, or if you've multiple light sources, put them in as scenery and shade appropriately. Dot the landscape with crates or trees so you can place colliders to help add some strategy to your maps.

Don't be afraid to work with the background as well. The artificial barrier in the middle would work a lot better if it were rounded out and made to seem more like a tunnel through an overhang or pillar as opposed to a giant spike hanging precariously over a bridge made of toothpicks.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 07:50:50 pm »
Thanks Lapis, am trying to spend more time on the map :) At the moment I just finished a Zombie-Map, just 4 fun I could post it (this time with Imageshack-Screens ;D ), but first I´ll work on Cut :)

Date Posted: September 30, 2008, 06:38:58 am
Map is ready, I just have to make new screens and upload them on Imageshack, takes a few minutes :)

EDIT: Map is ready, please download it and give suggestions so that I can make this map better ;D

Date Posted: September 30, 2008, 07:05:12 am
Hmm I just did it and made a Screen with Poly ;D Hope u´ll like it, please give suggestions or critizes to my map, it will help me to make better ones