Author Topic: Allies Health Bar  (Read 1592 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Allies Health Bar
« on: October 01, 2008, 07:59:18 pm »
A Percentage bar for the alies would be very helpful if you needed to know how much health your teammate was on, incase you where gonna die if you needed to throw the flag or something like that etc.

Also, you shouldnt have to put your cursor on the player so you can see the small writing of how much health they're on. It would be a lot better to have a bar with their current health to inform you. It would make it a bit more realistic and so you know how much health your allies are on.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
Re: Allies Health Bar
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:04:43 pm »
It already exists, put your cursor over your teammate and the % of health they have left is displayed.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:24:11 pm »
He said you shouldn't have to do that, read carefully! It's very small writing and it takes awhile to point your cursor on it, plus it can be near impossible if your ally is going very fast. I agree, there should be a button to press to show you allies health, and you can turn it on / off!

For registered users.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:30:43 pm »
He said you shouldn't have to do that, read carefully! It's very small writing and it takes awhile to point your cursor on it, plus it can be near impossible if your ally is going very fast. I agree, there should be a button to press to show you allies health, and you can turn it on / off!

For registered users.
Oh. Well I guess it's a good idea, there should be an option to turn it on/off. Also, it should be for all users, Registered players shouldn't have as much of an advantage over nonpaying players.
Typingwith1armmakesyouimpatientfyi

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 08:50:28 pm »
For now, health can be seen by the cursor in % and can be roughly estimated by looking at how wounded that guy is (got blood? He's injured. Heavy bleeding? He's dying. None? He's pretty safe). For vest, there's no way to determine ; all you can see is that person's body with some metallic thing over him and if you shot him he'd give a metallic "ping" sound.

It'd be nice to see a health bar for allied players when a button is pressed. But don't forget about the vest. I wouldn't mind supporting this feature, though you could put it as a server option if some people think this isn't a good idea.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 08:54:48 pm »
That's not much of a difference, you've been doing it for this long. You just jealous you don't have registered, if you want it, buy it, support the developer of the game you love.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 02:01:57 am »
I agree with STM, the blood is a good enough indicator. Thats what I use for my own dude too.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 02:23:27 am »
Lol I tend to look at my own health bar iDante ^^
I actually think it's good idea... should be optionally available to all members.  It could be like a little red bar, and a (frequently blank) silver bar below for pesky vests
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:39:44 am »
If I remember correctly there's acertain mod out there that has a little dot over every friendly player, turning from green > yellow > red as that players health falls. Called something like Special Forces Mod or something. I'll try to see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=15852.0
This is what I was talking about, yet now that I see it, I can't recall if it shows health for your mates as well as yourself. Haven't the time to test it - Job. You guys go ahead.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:37:31 am by echo_trail »
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 07:21:30 am »
Look at the player's condition, if there are red marks everywhere, then he's in a critical state, like 10% or less. If the player seems a bit orange like, then somewhere around 50%
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:28:26 am »
If I remember correctly there's acertain mod out there that has a little dot over every friendly player, turning from green > yellow > red as that players health falls. Called something like Special Forces Mod or something. I'll try to see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=15852.0
This is what I was talking about, yet now that I see it, I can't recall if it shows health for your mates as well as yourself. Haven't the time to test it - Job. You guys go ahead.

You gotta admit that's really cool.

I don't know how it works, but I suspect that it actually makes use of the gostek. Maybe the gostek head has this green bar on top and then in the injured sprites there is a slightly orange/red bar to go over the green bar.

I'll go check it out.

EDIT:
Arrgh, can't download it. I hate filefront...

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 10:17:46 am »
what to say.. f12 :D

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:01:07 am »
I agree with STM, the blood is a good enough indicator. Thats what I use for my own dude too.
Agreed.
No health bar ftw 8)