Author Topic: Additional map selection in the mapslist  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
Additional map selection in the mapslist
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:34 am »
why not make it possible to select "alternative" maps for different gamemodes:
you start a ctf server, but play an inf map which also appears at the bottom of the ctf maps list
or you start an inf server, but want to play a ctf map on it with the inf server settings, allowing you to choose whatever maps you want for your server?

I don't see the point. there aren't that many default maps, and they tend to change from version to version. I do however support some kind of label selection system, but that's another thing.

and why not make it possible to select "alternative" maps for different gamemodes:
you start a ctf server, but play an inf map which also appears at the bottom of the ctf maps list
or you start an inf server, but want to play a ctf map on it with the inf server settings, allowing you to choose whatever maps you want for your server?

I suggested this a while ago, but the big guys didn't seem tot ake notice. Feel free to post a new threead containing this suggestion. meanwhile, this thread will be reserved for it's original suggestion.
[/size]

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
Re: Additional map selection in the mapslist
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:12:00 am »
I *think* this is possible when running a dedicated server, but it would be nice if this would be possible in non-dedicated servers.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Additional map selection in the mapslist
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:14:47 am »
Sure, F12.