Author Topic: inf_Abduct  (Read 2415 times)

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
inf_Abduct
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:29:24 am »

OVERVIEW
P1 - P2 - P3

DOWNLOAD
Map waypointed.

Joining Alpha recommended when playing bots. Please give suggestions for improvement, I can always make an update.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:57:03 am by KamikazeDuck »
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: inf_Abduct
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 02:34:27 am »
That's sexy :O dl'ing

Player since late 2007

Offline Mipsav

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 02:36:02 am »
It's beautiful.

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:50:10 am »
Wow this map looks amazing!

The bonus spawns were bad how they were all in the same spot though. Bravo has a huge advantage becuase they have the higher ground. I couldn't tell at first if the box at alpha base was solid, so make the truck in the background more transperent.

I really like it though, good job :)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 03:50:19 am »
It's beautiful.
Indeed, added at my INF server :)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 03:53:06 am »
The bonus spawns were bad how they were all in the same spot though. Bravo has a huge advantage becuase they have the higher ground.

Yea theres a bit of a balance issue here, but usually if you take the route that goes around the first rocky hill, the closest route to the UFO, it's easier becase you get in and out faster, so teamwork really comes into play here

Player since late 2007

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 04:38:27 am »
The bonus spawns were bad how they were all in the same spot though. Bravo has a huge advantage becuase they have the higher ground.

Yea theres a bit of a balance issue here, but usually if you take the route that goes around the first rocky hill, the closest route to the UFO, it's easier becase you get in and out faster, so teamwork really comes into play here

I did find bravo had a fair advantage when playing with bots. What I tried to take into account though was that Alpha team can work together with one player standing on the white flag in the building and another repeatedly grabbing and throwing the black flag from the UFO to the first player with some others defending him/her.  Alpha can bring their score up very quickly using this method. I couldn't really test this properly without releasing it first to see what people experience online.

Thanks for those suggestions as well -Zombie-, I'll make the changes when I update the map.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 04:46:29 am »
Texture and concept is f*cking amazing, but really, replace the light cones with polygons, or it will lag some people's ass off.

Gotta play it. Will Mr. Domino upload it to !Elite Zombie?

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 04:58:59 am »
Gotta play it. Will Mr. Domino upload it to !Elite Zombie?
Oh i forgot to mension the bravo base waypoints are kinda dodgy, the bots just stand in their base

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 05:28:34 am »
Ugh... so then fix it? If it is unplayable who will ever play it?

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 06:17:03 am »
It's not a zombie map, it's a normal infiltration map lol

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 06:31:40 am »
Ah, ok, all right then.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 06:57:39 am »
Awesome map! I hope this gets into Ga Infiltration maps, (Australian Game Arena), this map is stunning and amazing!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 10:51:40 am »
Bravo + All M79 = Automatic Victory!

Seriously.  It may be a beautiful map with a cool idea, but I'm really not expecting much positive feedback for the gameplay.  Bravo can just camp in the tunnel near the flag with M79s or Barretts and repel the Alphas.  Perhaps you could open up another pathway into the UFO (if that's possible that is ;p). 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:56:05 am by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 10:53:40 am »
maybe a sightly hidden tunnel entrance to the UFO?

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 10:56:56 am »
Great to see you back KamikazeDuck, and bring a fabulous map along with you.

Without a doubt, this is visually one of best maps I've ever seen.  I can also easily say you're the best with multi-textures.

Several problems with the map though, first, I rarely ever will see Alpha capping on this map.  Bravo just has too much of an advantage in terms of height.  Teamwork, chances increase, but don't count on it.  To make things easier, make the sides of the ship accessible.

The light from the space-ship also is a bit too bright, hard to see bullets and like Niko pointed out, will only lag for older machines.  

Along with -Zombie- pointed out, the waypoints for Bravo in the left side of the ship are a bit messed up. They go left and bunch up in the corner.  Whenever I finally manage to reach the flag, I look forward to having be swarmed.  Don't make the bots camp around the ship and such, just make them go out of it and head there towards Alpha base.  Once they reach it, make them camp by the truck or something.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 11:24:28 am »
Without a doubt, this is visually one of best maps I've ever seen.  I can also easily say you're the best with multi-textures.

Agree, map got one of best looks, that multitexturing is totally awesome, just can't understand how u could be so patient with it. Also I agree that light is too bright. I kinda way hate u, you made my map look crap next to this.

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 04:38:48 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm thinking I'll add another tunnel to the left side of the ship (another one Alpha can run through to throw the flag out the side) and make both tunnels less straight to prevent barrett camping. I'll also add an extra tunnel which will lead into the ship, I have to pick a spot where Alpha is given more of a chance but which doesn't get rid of their need to climb the satellite dish or hunks of rock being lifted by the tractor beam.

I could also add a barrier to separate each side of the ship a bit more but that would create more of a chokepoint for Alpha to get through.

I'll fix up those Bravo waypoints too, I might even make a zombie version later as well but I'll focus on getting this version right first.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 05:31:57 pm »
It's a pretty amazing map in general, more visual-wise than gameplay-wise. Everyone else has already said what I wanted to say.

Just another thing I'd like to note is that you used unblended texture, and yet you used transparent polygon tool to make the textures blend in some parts, which is pretty amazing in itself. :)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 09:20:01 pm »
Woo, awesome. I'd have to say that when I see that you've released a map, I always make sure that I check out the thread. You always have an interesting map in store. Certainly your explore maps were rockin'...

Well, enuf said. I haven't downloaded this yet, and from what most everyone has said, I might hold off until the appropriate changes have been made. Guess this post was merely for whatever encouragement I can muster up. Good luck bud, and nice stuff so far!