Author Topic: 800x600 Default Soldat Resolution  (Read 22426 times)

Offline muzikman

• Major
Re: 800x600 Default Soldat Resolution
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2009, 07:40:34 pm »
OK, fair comment, but if the community wants to serioussly start thinking about a vector based graphics engine then I think this needs a new thread.  Personally I think the time it would take it would be forever and I'm all for the seeing further idea.  Having said that, I'm not an amazing player and I can imagine how the change would affect higher level gamers and just turn it into a snipe-fest.  I just think that the change from 640x480 to 800x600 wouldn't be so huge as to affect it majorly. 
Vector Based graphics might be an idea for the future, but that's almost like asking for a whole new game to be designed- even if it was implemented it would take forever.  I just think for now that it would be a really easy effortless way to improve soldat's appearance.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2009, 08:07:00 pm »
Vector graphics would make soldat look like a ponsy cartoony shoot em up game.
You just can't get vector graphics to look anything near what soldat is like now (apart from making each pixel into  coloured square, but then it would just look pixelated when it is scaled up).
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2009, 04:12:03 am »
Does it look like "vector based" game?

Imo it does, but that doesn't mean that it's ugly.

I can imagine how the change would affect higher level gamers and just turn it into a snipe-fest.

I don't understand why do you think so. Vector graphis implies more sniping? Can you explain this?

Vector graphics would make soldat look like a ponsy cartoony shoot em up game.

I don't think so. Imo it all depends on "drawing style" used by artist. Probably Ponsy-Cartoony style is the easiest to make in vector format and that's why many vector-based games look Ponsy-Cartoony.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2009, 05:29:00 am »
Wow how long is this idea going to go for...5 pages seems alot. Vector graphics hmmm into soldat?
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2009, 07:25:12 pm »
I've never seen a decent 2D vector based game.  Anyone wants to draw some gosteks then go for it, I'd love to be proved wrong!