Author Topic: BattlEye Errors  (Read 641 times)

Offline KodiakJack

• Major(1)
BattlEye Errors
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:22:21 am »
Every now and then, when im playing in a server, all of a sudden, everyone gets teleported to the middle of the map and it goes all weird and then BattlEye starts kicking people. Does anyone know what causes this? And it doesn't just happen to me, everyone gets kicked.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: BattlEye Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:26:27 am »
sounds like a mapbug, check the consolelog

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: BattlEye Errors
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 02:26:51 am »
Every now and then, when im playing in a server, all of a sudden, everyone gets teleported to the middle of the map and it goes all weird and then BattlEye starts kicking people. Does anyone know what causes this? And it doesn't just happen to me, everyone gets kicked.
It's one of two things, I think.

1. An extreme version of the drop bug. Essentially, the drop bug is the result of a player being moved to the centre of the map when a player joins. What you might be seeing is someone pretty much joining the server millions of times, producing the drop bug every one of those times.

2. Someone, most likely a hacker, screwing with the server, possibly after being votekicked. I'd say it's more this one, since the first one does not cause a BattlEye violation (though it is pretty damn annoying!).
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!