Author Topic: Mysticism and Your take (Part 1)  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
Re: Mysticism and Your take (Part 1)
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 02:20:39 pm »
Let's just go to Part 2 now.....
Why is mysticism fictional then?
Maybe because, it has 50% true and 50% bull poo.

Whats the 50% true and 50% bull poo?

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 02:25:58 pm »
Who knows, Jesus made a tank of water into a wine tank. Jesus could be a real person long time ago, but doing those miracle?

"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 02:33:44 pm »
What the hell does that have to do with just mysticism at its most pure definiton?

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 02:29:40 am »
The image that ALWAYS comes into my mind when I hear mysticism is some guy in the lotus position, but it means a lot more than that to me.  Mysticism seems to refer to the ability to interact with whatever exists outside the physical, material world.  It's about transcension, about going beyond what most people can imagine, to get to the deep truths of the universe.

However, I also view mysticism as something secular, something that precludes God as we think of him.  When I think of mysticism, I think of some sort of underlying "energy" in the universe...as if we searched for God, and we found the truth: that what we call God is just another natural law permeating our existence.

Because of that, I think it would be interesting to get into it and see where it takes me, but I don't want to because of my faith in the Biblical God.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:10 pm »
Thanks for your input Gamer. Would it seem fitting to agree on this definition of secularism. Mysticism being an experiential apprehension of some essential feature of the universe?

I find it lacking in two cases, one being the "essential feature" does not aptly describe, however I don't think I will come across a better word. The other tied to that, in which it is ineffable, but I could be wrong.

I'd urge you to try it.