Author Topic: (Warning: Not for kids or weak stomachs) Your Favorite Medieval Torture Device  (Read 42257 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Ok I LOVE learning about medieval stuff.. mainly torture devices and and methods. I don' actaully do this stuff for those of you that worry, its just interesting to me... mainly for the creative perspective.
My Favorite device:

"The pear was a metal object that is shoved inside the mouth, anal cavity and vagina. Once in place the screw at the end was turned and the pear opened up inside the cavity. This caused much damage and lead to death."

"The pear was a torture device used on females. This device was inserted into the vagina, or mouth of the victim and then expanded by force of the screw to the maximum aperture setting of the victims cavity. The antrum would then irremediably become lacerated, nearly always fatally, ripping the tissue, flesh and membranes. This item became extensively applied throughout the Spanish Inquisition to force confessions from those accused of Witchcraft. The pointed prongs at the end of the segments serve better to rip into the throat, the intestines or the cervix. Many paid dearly when the Pear was their fate"

If you are new to this stuff there is an ok page to look around:
http://www.fidnet.com/~kawlaw/devices.html

My Favorite Method:

"Vlad the Impaler, commonly referred to as Dracula today, impaled thousands of persons during his reign. At the time, Vlad was known as a hero and a good ruler - the severity of his punishments made him famous and feared. During his reign, a thief could be impaled just for stealing bread - or even worse - Vlad impaled many thousands of captured soldiers to inspire fear upon his enemies.

The victim's hands would be tied to prevent any chance of escaping. The stick was fixed to the ground and it was too big for the victim's feet to reach the ground. Finally, it took many hours - or days even (depending on the victim's strength and weight) for the stick to reach a vital organ.

There is no much evidence of the impaling torture being common during the Dark Ages - as a matter of fact, it was considered as the "Cruelest torture ever designed by the human mind."

The most common way of impalement was through the anus - but variations existed. Vlad impaled people from the chest, legs, arms and; surprisingly, form the skull. Most of these were for decoration purposes, because, as noted above - Vlad impaled a whole army and his main purpose was to scare his enemies - he succeeded by leaving "A forest of rotting men."

In rare cases, the stick would go perfectly from the anus to the mouth - in other cases the stick would stay stuck with a bone - it would go out through the chest or, more commonly, through the neck.

Vlad was so cruel that he would sometimes impale children and then make their mothers eat them. At the same time, he would be having a feast while watching the victims be impaled right in front of him. For this reason and others, Vlad is known today as Dracula, the blood-thirsty vampire."

Bad picture I know.. one floating around that shows it WAY better.. Ill try to find it.

found it
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:08:21 pm by † »
@ii

Offline Camping_carl

• Major(1)
  • Defeat
I like the pear.. shaped thing.

I think it would make a good baby shower gift
  my mofo made this beautiful piece of art.

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
In terms of medieval torture;

HAH

In terms of medieval torture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_chair

BUT... I was looking on wikipedia about child abuse and psychological torture... that looks more fun.

Offline Shinjo

• Major(1)
I would go for the Iron Maiden.

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
Wow, freaky stuff.
18:15

Offline thestrider

• Major(1)
  • Forums.soldatrs.com
What is that the guy is licking :S
forums.soldatrs.com

Offline Ebby

• Major(1)
  • Queen Bee
You secretly love this stuff to the point you're devoting all your music time to Death Metal. I know it, so stop hiding it. ::)

Boredy, ordey.

Offline UGK

• Major
I knew this topic would come sooner or later...
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
UGK I new all about torture before your balls dropped, recent conversation in irc have renewed my love. Ill find my report i wrote in high school and post a link to it later. Its full of awsomeness.
@ii

Offline UGK

• Major
Awesome, find it, and post it ASAP.
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline Melbanana

• Major
I saw one of those pear shaped devices similar to the one in the picture when I was at a torture museum in a small town in tuscany.
I also saw -among other foul things- an "iron maiden" coffin.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
When I read the thread title, I was already preparing to type 'The Pear of Anguish'. Mean stuff, mean stuff.

Offline AerialAssault

• Major(1)
God, the Medieval ages would've sucked so much to live in.
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

Offline DrivenUnder

• Major
  • Im Jess
Lol, guess what this drawing shows:

Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Ebby

• Major(1)
  • Queen Bee

HAH

BUT... I was looking on wikipedia about child abuse and psychological torture... that looks more fun.
I thought that chair was used for homosexuals. Just remember looking at stuff like that awhile back, and a pyramid shaped chair such as that was used to punish homosexuals, where the victim would be weighted down on that sharp end. *shrugs*

Boredy, ordey.

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
Quote from: Wikipedia
The Judas Chair, also known as the Judas Cradle, was allegedly a torture device used by the Spanish Inquisition.

The Judas Chair was a pyramid-shaped seat. The victim was placed on top of it, with the point inserted into their anus or vagina, then very slowly lowered by ropes. The intended effect was to stretch the orifice over a long period of time, sort of a slow motion impalement.

--> No discrimination there, it seems to be fit for both genders.

Offline zaraza

• Soldier
  • *Axeminster!*

^this chair looks comfy!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -

HAH

I thought that chair was used for homosexuals. Just remember looking at stuff like that awhile back, and a pyramid shaped chair such as that was used to punish homosexuals, where the victim would be weighted down on that sharp end. *shrugs*
Actually your right it was mainly for homosexuals.
Btw that wiki is terrible, its hard to find two descriptions that will match perfectly, really you just need to look for more official run websites, like one that was called www.medieval-castles.org last time i check it was down though :(
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 04:40:01 pm by † »
@ii

Offline Ebby

• Major(1)
  • Queen Bee
Ha, that's what I thought.

See, I know my own tidbits on torture myself.

Boredy, ordey.

Offline Sticky

• Major
  • Toot toot
Yesterday's torture can be today's pleasure. I'm sure most people here have seen a certain picture involving two hands and a hole. That man probably wouldn't mind getting the pear treatment.