Author Topic: (Warning: Not for kids or weak stomachs) Your Favorite Medieval Torture Device  (Read 42262 times)

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
KNEEL BEFORE PEAR

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
finally found that impalement picture look at first post...
@ii

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
That man probably wouldn't mind getting the pear treatment.
Of course, it'd probably get lost inside him.

Offline Sayyan

• Major(1)

^this chair looks comfy!

Sounds like good clean fun...
Not a medieval torture, but water torture has to be one of my favourites, the Chinese and Koreans created some fantastic one, being tung by scorpions, and then given an antidote. Nice.

Offline zaraza

• Soldier
  • *Axeminster!*
Exposure

Medieval Torture

Mostly in early Medieval Times, heretics and witches were condemned to be fixed to the ground with iron nails. Spreading arms and legs while being naked under the sun resulted in having very strong sunburns all around a person's body. If this wasn't enough, wild animals used to eat the victim alive; the pain of having an animal eating burnt flesh is comparable to the wheel and other more recent torture devices.

The victim was lucky if the closest animal was a bear; for there were smaller animals, such as mice; who would eat him slowly.

Oh man, that is hardcore

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
I saw something like that once... the person is tied down on their back, and a meated metal cone is placed on their stomach with rats under it. A fire is started at the top of the cone, and the rats go apeshit and chew through the person's flesh to get out from under the cone.
Either that or the wheel.

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
My favorite Medieval torture device is the guillotine.

I heard that your head would still be able to see for 30 seconds after it was chopped off, and the exocutioner would show the head its body. True?
not around

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
Dunno. Try it and let us know.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
My favorite Medieval torture device is the guillotine.

I heard that your head would still be able to see for 30 seconds after it was chopped off, and the exocutioner would show the head its body. True?
Its true that he head is still alive, only for about 15-20 seconds, about showing the head to the victim i doubt cause they didn't know the person was still alive back then.  One case is recorded that a woman was put to death and the executioner picked up her head and slapped her, it was recorded that she seemed to blush. Also I heard about an experiment someone went through, they went  under the guilotine and blinked soon as there head was cut off, the guy got like 10-20 blinks can't remember the exact number(if it even happened that is).
@ii

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
You can't see after you're be-headed: as your brain receives no more oxygen, all functions ceise working, such as sight.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
lol wtf is that shit... its scarin me.... *Starts biting nails from fear*
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
RabidTreeFrog, that isn't a toture device, it's a means of execution.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
Wasn't Vlad Ţepeş actually a Wallachian Turk-fighter who learned impalement from the Turks when he was acting hostage for his father? If so, then impalement is actually a pre-Medieval torture technique, therefore making it improper for this thread! o:

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
Demonic, death by oxygen starvation is not instantaneous.

You can still last for a bit after you've run out of breath, although I don't think 15-20 seconds, that seems a bit long.

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you're freinds doing on my server earlier?!
In italy i went to a huge torture museum.

The worst was the pear, by far.

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
I never thought much about medieval torture before I found this topic. Now I'm having nightmares about being impaled. :(

Offline Grim

• Major
  • Boop-boop-de-boop
The worst torture device would be the rack. They shackel you down and slowoly rip all your joints out of your sockets. I've heard of some instances were they've gone so far as to rip the victims body in half. I'm not sure if that's true, seeing as the spine would have to hold up until the skin and muscles ripped.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
Oh, God, the rack...

† : Thanks for clarifiying.

Sethamundo-Well, If you keep a guy underneath it for like, three hours, then its pyschological torture.
But all of 'em make ya dead, right? So no difference really. :P

EDIT-Whoa, Nelly, Thumbscrews! From Wikipedia...
The thumbscrew or pilliwinks is an instrument of torture which was used in medieval Europe, notably by the Inquisition[citation needed]. It is a simple vise, sometimes with protruding studs on the interior surfaces. The tortured victim's thumbs or fingers were placed in the vise and slowly crushed. The thumbscrew was also applied to crush prisoners' toes, while larger, heavier devices based on the same design principle were applied to destroy knees and elbows.

As well as compression of fingers and toes, the opposite concept of distension was also employed in torture chambers. Tearing the nails out of the fingers and toes as slowly as possible was a particularly common method of torture. The most straightforward means employed a pliers—often heated red-hot—to tear out the nails at the root. However, the nail extraction could be accomplished even more slowly and cruelly by first driving wooden wedges, needles, or splinters of wood, metal, or bone under the nails to pry them loose. Splinters in particular were sometimes dipped in boiling sulfur to make the torture even more savage.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 07:42:34 pm by RabidTreeFrog »
not around

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
But the rack originated in China, 1200 B.C.E.!

Offline Mister Angry

• Major(1)
  • It's Ridge Racer, RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!!!!!
You know what...you're one less person on my list of people to annoy.
I have the rare "Nintendo Fanboyism" disease, And ba-da-ba-ba-baaaaa, I'm Lovin' It.