Author Topic: edit taunts in game  (Read 1727 times)

Offline kniwtf

• Major(1)
edit taunts in game
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:23:11 pm »
Just add  a new bookmark about taunts editing.

Because every time i wanna edit my taunts, i have to restart my soldat or it doesn't work

If we can edit our taunts in game, and become effective immediately (like name, don't need restarting)

It would become very simple.

We can create many taunts.txt, and change it in the game. (and create in game just at bookmark of taunts)

For example, now i want to play CTF, then change to a taunts which contains =EFC low=  etc

playing Zombie server -> change to taunts contains /buy bow, /buy pred etc

playing Mmod -> /cc1 /cc2 /cc3 /cc4 etc~

how convenient.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
Re: edit taunts in game
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:51:04 pm »
In response to suggestion 2, register and use the multi-profiler for that. ;)
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 11:54:08 pm »
I know we have the Profiles tab for that, but I think its a great idea if there was a tab for a taunt editor. It would be incredibly handy and saves a lot of time, in both messing with a txt file, finding the right profile, and restarting soldat.

Giving registered players a menu item to edit the current profiles taunts is an excellent addition, particular when theres been a recent discussion on the lack of registered features.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:45:22 pm »
It would be incredibly handy and saves a lot of time, in both messing with a txt file, finding the right profile, and restarting soldat.

I often copy-and-paste taunts from other files (e.g. from other profiles), and so I prefer to do this via a text editor. But I agree that it would be nice if we won't have to restart Soldat to apply changes.