Author Topic: inf_Plato(zombie)  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
  • WHAT? I can't hear you!
inf_Plato(zombie)
« on: October 19, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »
these are screenshots, plus a map overview.  waypointing in process.

Overview:

Screenshots:

EDIT: my waypointing sucks balls. i need help there.

will pm download to anyone who wants to try.
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
Re: inf_Plato(zombie)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 05:55:38 pm »
Me likes the look of this map, me thinks this is highly original and will play well.

Me will waypoint this.

Without a doubt, this will make it to some zombie servers.  It's better if I spend time waypointing this map rather than your CTF ones.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:47:32 am »
yay finally you do a very good map, not like your old random ones, this one seems to have put more effort on it, I'd like to play this one some day in !Elite zombie, good job with this one.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:56:02 am »
The reason why this map looks so good is that it's mostly just copy-pasta polygon work. :P Nevertheless, I cannot deny that you've made a good-looking map for once.

Hope to see a successful waypoint by ElSpec.

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 03:18:09 am »
Wow, I see you've improved. It's good to see that you've put effort into this map :D I hope to see more great maps from you :)

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 07:02:11 am »
well, it's nice to receive SOME good feedback.  :P

as for originality, i was really working towards that. i think my map is the ONLY zombie map, neigh, the ONLY inf map that is a complete circuit, not just a "there and back". after retreiving the flag, (provided you are not mobbed by spawns placed around the flag...i can't be TOO nice...) you just jump off the balcony on to the lower one, and score. of course, the zombies follow.

and i have stress tested the m79 jump, and you CANNOT cheat by going from the low balcony to the high one. at least, no way i know of.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:41:20 am by Ekoz »
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 12:23:54 am »
i think my map is the ONLY zombie map, neigh, the ONLY inf map that is a complete circuit, not just a "there and back".

No sir, I've unintentionally done it, and I'm sure there are a few other maps to have done it. Mine was, more or less, accidental and can be exploited with the M79. You appear to have achieved this quality effectively, so kudos to you.

I'd have to say that this map's aesthetics are fine. Map looks rather long, but it could just be the overview size. If this gets uploaded to some server, I look forward to playing it. My computer is too old to handle hosting a game with 12+ bots, but I can host ;) (although rather poorly).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:26:19 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:20:22 am »
it is fairly long, but then again, it takes about 5 seconds to get from the bravo to the alpha flag.

the layout is based of of inf_cleaver. horrible social skills aside, vig has so awsome mapping skills. i simply studied his style of going back and forth, up and down, in a zig-zag pattern, and learned that it made for intense gameplay.

then i based a map off this Zig zag left-right pattern, with a slight twist in some places.

and thanks for all the support, everyone. i couldent have gotten better without all you
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 02:02:44 pm »
Well, I really really like the design. You did a good job with this map Ekoz. The only thing I can say, from the screenshots, is that you should be more consistent with the rounded corners. Don't just round the acute corners, but the obtuse ones as well.

The other thing, and I'm not entirely sure if you did this intentionally, is the roundedness of the small structures supported by columns. The roofs might look better if they were less wavy.

Like I said, you did a great job with inf_Plato. Keep up the good work.
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 02:28:31 pm »
A bit ironic that I'd see ElephantHunter post in a mapping section.

As for the map, I've finished testing and waypointing.  There are still some areas that are a bit buggy, such as having the bots jet to specific spots.  Mr. Domino should be able to tackle those. :)

All I can say is that this map is very fun to play, I really did enjoy it while playtesting it.

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 02:29:39 pm »
thank you so much.
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 02:43:58 am »
A bit ironic that I'd see ElephantHunter post in a mapping section.

Not to drift too far off topic, but I was the co-founder of the Soldat Mappers League (SML). Just because I haven't made any maps recently doesn't mean I'm no good, or that I can't make a decent critique.
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 05:24:59 am »
This is actually really nice :P