Author Topic: Screen blackout  (Read 897 times)

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
Screen blackout
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:41:35 pm »
Hi,

I seem to have an odd problem with soldat. Usually I can play without issues, but at (seemingly) random moments, the screen suddenly goes black (only the soldat screen: I don't use fullscreen). The game continues in the background: I still hear sounds and can shoot etc, but all visuals are gone. This problem is not solved by rebooting the game, the moment I get in a game (multiplayer or self-created, does not matter) the screen goes black again.

The only fix I found so far is switching to fullscreen, then going back to normal screen. This procedure is quite annoying, because I have to close the game, change config settings, restart the game, close the game again, change config settings again, etc...

Is this a known issue? And if it is, are there any (better) solutions available?

Thx in advance,
Tybs

Date Posted: October 17, 2008, 05:40:59 pm
I guess this problem is unknown to other people... :(

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Re: Screen blackout
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 04:09:21 am »
I had this exact problem actually. Make sure you hardware acceleration is full (Ask someone else how to do that, it's in the control panel>system>somewhere there), also, make sure you have Directx 8.1 (9.0c is so much better, and it's free).

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:22:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply. When I can, I will check the hardware acceleration on the pc giving the problems... I seem to recall messing around with it some time ago. I'll let you know if it's causing the problem.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 01:36:24 pm »
Well, had no problems anymore so far... maybe it really helps :D

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:28:24 am »
Glad I helped.