Author Topic: A bug I've noticed...  (Read 1301 times)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
A bug I've noticed...
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:52:31 am »
When I first go to the forums, and see the Home page (the portal thing), it says I'm logged out, and has the log in window and everything. However, I am in fact logged in. If I go to say, the forum tab, it shows me as logged in. If I then go back to the Home tab, it shows me as logged in, until I leave the site and come back. Not the biggest issue ever, but a little confusing.

Using FF 3.03.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Re: A bug I've noticed...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:00:00 am »
Oh, it doesn't do that for me, but it does that very often on EliteCTF, which coincidentally has the same basic premise of the new SF's looks and layout.

Using Opera 9.50

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:43:27 am »
I have the same FF, and it works just fine for me.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 03:25:26 am »
You might be going to the forums.soldat.pl address, and logging in there, which then redirects to the forums.soldat.pl address, which you're logged in on.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 03:37:11 am »
You might be going to the forums.soldat.pl address, and logging in there, which then redirects to the forums.soldat.pl address, which you're logged in on.
You good sir, are a very astute man. I fixed my bookmark to forums.soldat.pl and its workin fine!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:03:54 am »

yep, as soon as I read his description of the problem, I figured it was this.  The cookies made by scripts running under the forums.soldat.pl domain won't work on the forums.soldat.pl domain.  All the more reason for everyone to upgrade their bookmarks and any sites they're responsible for.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 07:01:10 am »
You good sir, are a very astute man. I fixed my bookmark to forums.soldat.pl and its workin fine!
I try. :D
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 06:58:59 pm »
Hijacking this thread since I feel squeamish about making its own topic:

Whatever happened to doublepost compression?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 08:31:49 pm »
Probably an addon that hasn't been reinstalled.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 09:31:19 pm »
Probably an addon that hasn't been reinstalled.

yep