Author Topic: Buddy/Invite  (Read 1125 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Buddy/Invite
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:14 pm »
Well, soldat is good so far, but here are some of my suggestions that could encourage more people to play.

My idea? Buddy/Invite.

Idea is nothing more or nothing less, basically, players can add friends during game, and can play together by checking "Buddy List" on the menu screen of the Soldat (if it does happen).

If the buddy of yours is on, then the game will show you which server he is playing in, and for private servers (such as pw) you can't exactly join, but could whisper to your friend.

I was thinking about this, because my friend and I have hard time meeting together....
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

DarkCrusade

Re: Buddy/Invite
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:24:59 pm »
Already got implemented in Soldat 1.5.1 Beta. Check it out :P

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: Buddy/Invite
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:37:03 pm »
Already got implemented in Soldat 1.5.1 Beta. Check it out :P
Not to the degree tehsniper is recommending.

While having a buddy list in game is probably going to be a stretch, I'd say that EnEsCe should allow you to note down somewhere or send off invites while ingame, and also have an icon on people on the player list who happen to be your buddy.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!