Poll

You dig?

For!
62 (72.9%)
Against!
23 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Gas Masks?  (Read 15809 times)

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
Gas Masks?
« on: October 27, 2008, 07:41:26 pm »
Alright this isn't really a necessity, but i would like to see the customization option of giving your guys facial covers, like a gas mask or a shee mog(is that how u spell it?) or a fighter pilot helmet. it would be sweet in the sense that clans could then have matching faces and thing like that. also, maybe just the option to add like a colored vest or backpackk to your guy would be cool. just thinking about it and thought i would get other people's opinions...
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
Re: Gas Masks?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:43:44 pm »
As a gas mask enthusiast, I wholeheartedly support this.

That being said, MM once stated that there won't be any additional customization features... but with new coders, who knows?

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:55:13 pm »
General attitude torwards suggestions like this is its a good idea, but when there are all kinds of bugs and stuff to be fixed, its probably not going to happen.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:55:29 pm »
F12.

Make it an additional option for registered users, so that more people will register, I really can't believe MM wants more people to register when the benifits are outragously low.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:09 pm »
Personally I think when it comes to player customisation thingies like this, we need dropdown boxes per section as opposed to bullets.

So you would have a gostek folder for hair, face, chest etc. Then when you go to face options, select gasmask out of the face dropdown box.
Physical bodypart gosteks would remain the same. The gfx for these remain static as normal.

Now the problem is that you cant add more stuff into those folders (each player needs the same files in a server for others to see your custom gosteks). So the alternative is to have as many gfx in these gostek folders as possible in the first place [on the install].

So /face/ <blank>, gasmask, ninja, jason hockeymask, splitter paint, sunnies, goggles, beard. Just a gostek the size of the head graphic that is overlayed on top of the head.

/chest/ <blank>, vest (not kevlar), backpack, bulletbelt, space invader.  Just a gostek aroughly the size of the torso graphic that is overlayed on top.
Chest is a bit unnecessary, but interesting.

Were not talking bout difficult stuff, and it means that with little more content, players feel a bit more satisfied. Makes your avatar a bit more unique, and can be fun when it comes to modding.

Could even make such Soldat 'avatar' options reg only.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:25:26 am by KYnetiK »
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:48:55 am »
F12. I'd like to see beard also.
Make it an additional option for registered users, so that more people will register, I really can't believe MM wants more people to register when the benifits are outragously low.
And that's also a good idea.

Can you add a poll? Maybe if there would be a lot of positive votes in poll it would convince developers.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 02:00:58 am »
I doubt polls help convince developers, as they are only supposed to consider it if -about- 90% or more are for it, negating the need for a poll, not that it doesn't help, particularly with more than two sides or views to discuss.

Still, this could be modded (by turning the Hat into a Gas mask is possible I believe? or even the helmet) but it would be real nice to see more customization features. But don't give it all to the registered users.. should leave more functional items for them imo, and not to let it turn out like combat arms :)

Player since late 2007

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 02:10:08 am »
I doubt polls help convince developers

What about a poll with 94 votes for yes and 18 votes for no? :) Even if this isn't 90% support, the fact that almost one hundred users voted for yes would be impressive and I think devs would consider implementing such idea :)
In general there are usually more votes in a poll than posts in the thread containing that poll, so polls are more precise.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:28:24 am by Gotfryd »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:47:53 am »
F12, very interesting and I support this idea 100%. Also maybe Dark Glasses (Night-Vision Goggles?), belts or Thieve/Robber Balaclavers could also be implemented.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 04:56:56 am »
That being said, MM once stated that there won't be any additional customization features... but with new coders, who knows?
Good point. Everybody's wanted all kinds of extra customization since Soldat has been around at all, and MM wouldn't budge, though I can't say I blame him. Supposedly, the gostek programming is just extremely inefficient to try to modify, but maybe there's a chance now that it's a multi-man project. Maybe.

If so, heck, I'm always a big fan of customization, so I'll support this.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 05:26:36 am »
mmm, it's not a bad idea, but I just think Soldat should be more gameplay-based then the looks of the men...
Still, I support for the heck of it.  Would be pretty cool.
F12
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 06:11:55 am »
a 5pixel gasmask?
it would e pretty cool, but isn't it a bit too small for additions like these?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 06:55:13 am »
Where's the poll?

Anyway, I'd say its a F12. I agree that the feature is pretty useless in the sense that it is only for appearance and modding can be done, but I'd still support greater variety.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:58:41 am by STM1993 »

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 09:46:58 am »
Nothing special, but makes the game cooler. Not much time needed making it either, so f12. Though in the mean time we can do it with modding.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 09:59:23 am »
F12.

The point of registering is (and always has been) to support the game.  It used to be that the only benefits of registering were that you were able to change the color of your jet flames... you don't really think MM is stupid enough to expect people to pay $9 for that, do you?

The little things that have been added here and there over the past few years as benefits to registered players are intended to allow those people who registered to customize their game, they're not intended to be the driving force behind registration.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 10:14:15 am »
i'd like some other thing, like bandanas or like that...

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 10:53:56 am »
F12. Want more to mod 'cause for now it bored me a bit :).

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 12:05:23 pm »
I'd like to have more options of my appearance in soldat. F12

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 12:22:35 pm »
F12.

The point of registering is (and always has been) to support the game.  It used to be that the only benefits of registering were that you were able to change the color of your jet flames... you don't really think MM is stupid enough to expect people to pay $9 for that, do you?

The little things that have been added here and there over the past few years as benefits to registered players are intended to allow those people who registered to customize their game, they're not intended to be the driving force behind registration.

That's why I registered, but what I'M saying is that he can't expect to get anymore than fanboys (like me) that play the game every single day (like me), to register, the only way HE'S gonna get the money he wants is to add more features for registered users, he put up a poll asking people if they registered yet or something, he can't expect to get lots of people if he doesn't give benifits, over 30% (38) people said that they didnt see enough benifits, that's what is leading in that poll...

Now, almost every single person in the thread said F12, that's more than 90%...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:24:34 pm by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 01:25:52 pm »
Now, almost every single person in the thread said F12, that's more than 90%...

Yeah, if within next few days there will be no one against this, we should add this idea to public demands.