Poll

You dig?

For!
62 (72.9%)
Against!
23 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Gas Masks?  (Read 15801 times)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Gas Masks?
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 05:59:58 pm »
moar customizable options means moar fun! F12!

Im chill like that

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 02:15:02 am »
I always thought this would be a cool option to have. F12

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 12:55:44 pm »
f12. i dont understand why people are against it, it will improve the game in a way that doesnt affect it

Offline Ellimist

• Major(1)
  • Ingame Nick: dashd-sh1
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 04:11:11 am »
The more variation the better :)
F12

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2008, 06:04:40 am »
Can't you jsut modify the "helm/helm2" int eh Gosteks folder to make your desired helmet?

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2008, 09:04:56 am »
because the others wont see that, and with this one it will be more viewable gostaks at normal soldat, without gostek mods
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Ketchup

• Major(1)
  • "If I can see it, I can kill it."
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 12:43:51 pm »
I support this for all registered users. There should also be a few customizable body trinkets too.

It would give the un-registered users some inspiration to purchase the Soldat-Reg.
"If I can see it, I can kill it."
-[DO] Lt. Ketchup =S=

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 01:49:36 pm »
I support this for all registered users. There should also be a few customizable body trinkets too.

It would give the un-registered users some inspiration to purchase the Soldat-Reg.

seconded

Offline a fool

• Major
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2009, 05:25:12 pm »
F12

How about being able to have completly custom gostek, and when entering a server, every player "downloads" your images automatically. And to prevent huge massive amount of download. Add a size limit. But eh, I do sincerely doubt this would happen
[/offtopic]

I think this is a good idea, more variation and less of "Omg you look like me!" That I get very often.
Verily!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009, 11:04:22 pm »
F12 TILL MY FINGER FALLS OFF

DarkCrusade

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 10:24:51 am »
F12. For gods sake or even better gods alcoholic drinks.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2009, 10:31:22 am »
Isn't that called multi-threading + topic revive? At least close the other one thread (this new one as this is way better).
Back on topic: F12. I like the overall idea.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2009, 10:55:13 am »
same here, ive always wanted more modding options rather than the usual -hair 1, 2, 3, 4, morda, kap and helm.It would also be a great way to showcase the forums. Like customized 'SF Gosteks'.

Im sure this has been suggested before, there should also be a temporary file feature, where the downloaded gosteks are moved to a temp file, and removed once soldat is closed.

Offline N0va

• Major(1)
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2009, 12:23:42 pm »
The only reason to why I think people would be against it in the first place is that perhaps in the beginning everyone would start to put on that accessory.  But the flaw in that plan is that people will get tired of looking like everyone else, and so people will convert back to the hat or dredlock style.

I'm for it :D

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2009, 02:34:33 pm »
And then someone mods it.
Oh cmon guys, really if you really want them I'll make them as a mod, but I think it's not necessary to put them as origial thing to customize

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2009, 03:37:46 pm »
Aw come on sky...You know that the SF community sums up to about a max of (40% ?) of the entire soldat community, and even so, the people here want their gostek to be shown not only to themselves but to others, just as Taunts are part of the way you express yourself on soldat so is one's gostek. F12 with a cherry on top.
b&

Offline Cube2

• Major(1)
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 04:28:51 am »
I thought the idea was to add bad gas and the ability to have gas masks to protect yourself, and i was about to hella f11 that, until I read its just a customization of looks. that's an f12 then ;)

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2009, 02:15:08 pm »
What if the gas masks went a step further and became functional? What if you could shoot gass grenades or something along those lines that slow characters down or some other ailment and the only way to prevent it is to pick up a gas mask and put it on. Make it so it will only last a certain amount of time. Now, not only will you need to kill and be killed but you need to prepare and be ready for the gas. I think the gas mask thing is an awesome idea.  ;D
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2009, 02:49:55 pm »
Nope, gas grenades will never( or at least in the near future ) be implemented

because-

The Don't-Suggest List
NEW WEAPONS This would invite even more weapon-balance issues, disrupt Soldat's file layout, mess up functionality of old mods, etc. Besides, you can already edit weapons.ini ;)

Please, read the stickies before even thinking of suggesting such stuff.

And IMO, adding gas grenades will just mess-up the whole aim for soldat- which is to provide a fun, simple and classic way of gaming.

I can't see soldat being like a 'normal' fps shooter where theres lots of 'extra' gadgets involved like said smokes, flash-bangs , C4 timed charges etc, etc- whichs makes it more complicated than it supposed to be.

So yeah, F12 for gas masks JUST for looks. F11 for gas masks for smokes and what have you.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:58:38 pm by scout »

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2009, 06:35:20 pm »
Wow just got back on the forums after like a year of never getting on here, just to post a problem I've been having, and I happen to see that this topic is still getting posted on.

For love of God, listen to your servants, MM! More customization pleeeeease!
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/