Author Topic: bullet style - cluster  (Read 1528 times)

Offline MeMM00

• Major(1)
bullet style - cluster
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:39:01 am »
why not make a bullet style so you can use cluster, this would open so many doors to people who like to have a cluster effect with different weapons,

i want to make a "blob shitter" (yes that is its name) and i want to have a cluster effect, it would be easy to add a cluster bullet style so the blob "blobs" into more smaller piece's, that would be so awsome

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
Re: bullet style - cluster
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 09:56:33 am »
This goes along all posts about "improve modability in weapons.ini", there were some threads sbout it, but this particular idea I do not remember.
After all that talking, F12 :D

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:05:37 am »
There IS already a cluster grenade bullet style - EVEN the cluster shrapnel. In other words, those two bullet styles exist. They are Bullettypes 9 and 10 respectively, even though it's not written in the weapon.ini.

All bullet styles are available, it's just that using them on some weapons may end up bugged. For example, only the Flamer can shoot out flames the way they normally do - other weapons shoot them like invisible bullets that do nothing until they collide on a poly to give off flames. Clusters should work with all weapons, though I suspect it won't work for Spas.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:10:30 am by STM1993 »

Offline MeMM00

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 10:50:17 am »
i should try that out,
and the cluster is modable so i can make it a blob of acid and then it burst, that's going to look awesome!

Edit: WOW it actually works! time for my blob s.h.i.t.t.e.r. to burst it blobs
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:01:50 am by MeMM00 »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:54:06 pm »
Although you can fire cluster bullets, I would the ability to shoot non-exploding clusters. Kind of a shrapnel thing. But wholely unnecesary.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline MeMM00

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 04:26:16 pm »
well  is does shoot the cluster itself, i coul make that an acid blob yknow

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 04:56:27 pm »
There IS already a cluster grenade bullet style - EVEN the cluster shrapnel. In other words, those two bullet styles exist. They are Bullettypes 9 and 10 respectively, even though it's not written in the weapon.ini.

How is it possible that I didn't know that?!
Maybe it wasn't working in some earlier version, and I remembered "shooting cluster does not work properly -> you cannot shoot clusters"...
Sorry for the mess. I should have known that.
So, I think its time to lock.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 05:02:28 pm »

How is it possible that I didn't know that?!
Maybe it wasn't working in some earlier version, and I remembered "shooting cluster does not work properly -> you cannot shoot clusters"...
Sorry for the mess. I should have known that.
So, I think its time to lock.

Your right. It doesn't work. First of all, the nades are super hard to aim, second of all, you need actual nades to shoot them or they won't shoot
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:04:54 pm by miketh2005 »
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.