Author Topic: htf_Skelyard by DarkCrusade  (Read 1717 times)

DarkCrusade

htf_Skelyard by DarkCrusade
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:53:46 pm »
Sooo, Maps finished 1 week ago, but had no time to release it ;D It´s a htf_Map which is waypointed and looks like a Castle, I know that it looks a bit like htf_Mythos by Wraithlike, but the idea to this Map and everything else is by me :) There is 1 nervy Point on this Map I cannot fix (a Polybug :( ) at the right Tower, when u can fix it, please let me know :-\

Here an Overview of the Map:

And the Download-Link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40806373/htf_Skelyard.PMS.html

Any Suggestions? Please Post :)

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: htf_Skelyard by DarkCrusade
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 06:13:27 pm »
Post overviews in-game, lazy people will be able to judge it better whitout having to dowload it from a crappy host site. Use soldatforum's hosting, for gods sake.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:36:57 pm »
U dont have to download the Screen ... u can see all at the Overview :)

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »
Nice job on ripping-off Wraithlike's map.  Seriously, don't base maps off someone's else work.  It just shows that you lack imagination and creativity.  Unless you're willing to re-make it and are able to make it better than the original, don't bother.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 08:23:55 am »
It's not a rip-off, it doesn't looks in any way to that map, maybe the concept, but it's not enough to be the same. And NO, I can't see it all in the screen can you?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 09:11:13 am »
U can click on it and enlarge ... but when u realy think u couldn´t see all on this Map, I´ll make some other Screens, too :)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 11:10:22 am »
cool

Offline Mothafix

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 07:37:09 am »
Nice job on ripping-off Wraithlike's map.  Seriously, don't base maps off someone's else work.  It just shows that you lack imagination and creativity.  Unless you're willing to re-make it and are able to make it better than the original, don't bother.

I decided to implement for Viggolo-style for this map, tried my best to manipulate it and I think I came pretty close.

I'm following the default trend that Wraithlike and Eagles_Arrows did.  And I hope more mappers will join us.

Don't get off topic. If you must take arguments to PM's. -Wraithlike
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:18:02 pm by Wraithlike »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 08:01:33 am »
Mothafix, what do u want to say :)

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 10:40:55 am »
You're a ****ing retard.  I'm talking about [size=8]BASING OFF ANOTHER MAP[/size].  Using another style is something completely different.

Don't Get off topic, and don't yell. If you must take arguments to PM's. - Wraithlike
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:17:52 pm by Wraithlike »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 12:40:37 pm »
He told us in the first post that it may look like Wraith's map, but the idea is his. Thanks for saving my day (again hehe)
As for the map, the castle part looks neat, of course there's only a few routes to go plus everything but somehow I like it.