Author Topic: Forum Gradient  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: Forum Gradient
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 04:42:58 pm »
omg dumbasses, it's this...
Are you sure you aren't just confused: the forums have alternating shades of blue for each post in a thread.

Comprehension failure. He's talking about a phenomenon that most of us can't see.

IE is quite wonky with PNGs; oftentimes it makes perfectly valid transparency = white. Yuck.
I'm wondering if you can save it as a high quality web-palette compatible GIF, which probably will lock the two colors into the nearest web colors, which should be the ones on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:44:44 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 04:04:12 pm »
For some reason my avatar matches the forum colours when I'm on my home computer, yet doesn't when I'm using a college computer. Any ideas why?

There's no reason for it, possibly a trick on the eye if the college computers have higher contrast levels on the moniters. What browser do they use and is it different from yours? Take a screenshot at college and show it to us if you're really that bothered about it.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 04:35:06 pm »
It's something with IE rendering the PNG different:

found this:

Inconsistent Color on the Web

When images are used as parts of a Web page design, consistent color handling is often more important than colorimetric correcness. For a design that combines CSS and images, it is important that a color with a particular RGB value is displayed consistently regardless of the source—style sheet or image file—of the color value.

Given the same RGB values, the colors specified in CSS, HTML, JPEG, or GIF have traditionally matched. Everyone has just taken it for granted. (Colors are not represented as RGB internally in JPEG, but everyone uses the de facto color conversion of libjpeg from the Independent JPEG Group.)

PNG breaks the consistency. When the gamma of PNG images is disturbed but the CSS colors are left untouched, the colors no longer match.

There are at least two natural reactions: trying to opt out of gamma “correction” or trying to make it so that the PNG images are considered to be in the same color space as CSS colors.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:43:56 pm by Serial K!ller »

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 12:07:17 am »
You need to remove the PNG gAMA chunk using TweakPNG, as I've done with the attached version of your avatar.

The issue has to do with rendering differences using the gamma information included with PNG images.

Edit: Threads of this nature belong in the support forum
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:17:52 am by ElephantHunter »
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 12:49:55 pm »
Thanks, I'll try it out. :)

Burning scarfs since 1988