Author Topic: Add this line to the beginning of the rules page:  (Read 809 times)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Add this line to the beginning of the rules page:
« on: November 01, 2008, 02:04:11 am »
Don't be like these guys.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: Add this line to the beginning of the rules page:
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:25:47 am »
yes, and... maybe the rules page auto opens when you register? so the people would pay more attention to it, or would close it?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 08:37:56 am »
yes children, don't be like me.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:40:22 am »
yes, and... maybe the rules page auto opens when you register? so the people would pay more attention to it, or would close it?

Imo there is only one way to make rules better known. Make them shorter. However, the solution used now looks good to me (short list of rules with detailed explanation below and linked to; personally I'd go one step further and divide list and explanations into separate posts/threads/sth like this - so when you look at the list, you are surpsrised: "wow! so short rules? maybe I'll read them" :P).

And finally, I think that people do not obey some of the simpliest rules (do not double threads, post in proper section) just because they are lazy.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:21:52 am »
Only one way to solve the double posting urge, and forces people to click on the modify button instead: comPLETELY disable quick replies.

^ Although that isn't going to happen since everyone finds it awfully convienient in hot threads.