7 (20.6%)
Left 4 Dead
13 (38.2%)
Gears of War 2
7 (20.6%)
Or something else
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Novembermas  (Read 5527 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Novembermas
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:47:13 pm »
This is the Christmas for all the gamers. And I have a question!!!

Well, I'm planning to buy a game, but I don't know what to buy. Should I buy Cod WaW, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2 (for pc, I gotta wait), or..... you recommend me.

**Can someone tell me how to make a poll?**
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
Re: Novembermas
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:54:24 pm »
To make a Poll press the Poll button, should be among Reply, Notify, and Mark Red/Unread buttons.

As for games... I already bought CoD5 but from what I herd it's just like CoD4 but in a WWII theme. I'd probably go with Left 4 Dead then, or maybe Fallout 3 if you like RPG games with shooting.
Text goes here...

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:55:25 pm »
You're too young to make a poll.

GTA IV comes out on PC this month... if you're not a console-tard and you don't have a crap PC then get that. Or L4D, Valve are yet to make a crap game although this one does look mediocre.

These games are 18+ by the way.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:29:36 pm »

GTA IV comes out on PC this month... if you're not a console-tard and you don't have a crap PC then get that. Or L4D, Valve are yet to make a crap game although this one does look mediocre.

Console tard? what the hell is that supposed to mean? Consoles always owned PC's in gaming experience in my eyes!!

Anyways, GoW should be wicked!

Also: added poll for ya'll to enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 05:31:46 pm by echo_trail »
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 05:35:56 pm »
I was *thinking* about getting CoD: WaW but I would be getting it for Wii, which generally falls into the bad idea category. Maybe they will be able to pull it off. Nintendo is releasing a variety of RPG's soon so I might just go with those.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 05:38:59 pm »
L4Dead because I'm getting a GTX card this Christmas and I never found Ravenholm satisfying enough.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 06:54:04 pm »
L4Dead because I'm getting a GTX card this Christmas and I never found Ravenholm satisfying enough.

L4D probably has the lowest system requirements out of those games, so no GTX required.
Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 07:06:16 pm »
I voted COD:WW(Preorder), simply because I am a fan of "authentic" war games.(Based on actual events, instead of completely made up) ;)
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:05:10 pm »
It was a hard choice but I went with Left 4 Dead for the replay-ability

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 08:44:13 pm »

L4D probably has the lowest system requirements out of those games, so no GTX required.
But HDR and zombies go together like salad and ranch :D

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 09:05:24 pm »
Thanks guys, I guess I should buy L4D!!

Or should I check GameFly first....
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 01:17:16 pm »

Console tard? what the hell is that supposed to mean? Consoles always owned PC's in gaming experience in my eyes!!

Consoles are essentially proprietary computers :\

It's like a computer that only a certain company's games will work on, and that you have to buy separate from a computer.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 06:27:44 pm »
what about far cry 2 man

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 06:49:49 pm »
what about far cry 2 man

i went into game today and some bloke was complaining that it didnt work properly, like it crashed or something. so i was held up being served for about half an hour while the other bloke behind the counter went downstairs to spend his working hours playing it. then he comes back and says theres nothing wrong with it.

i dont know where im going with this.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 07:08:30 pm »
I completed far cry 2 this morning. Great game ;)
Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 02:29:26 pm »
Well, I just checked out more, and Cod WaW actually has a zombie mod also... Hm.... Well, both has similar mission (stay alive), except L4D has more environmental features......

Man, I wish I can buy both of them -_-

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 02:44:12 pm »
The COD:WW zombie mode will be with 3 others(4 total players) trying to hold a position in an old building against UNLIMITED swarms of zombies. It gives a more enjoyable game play and will take more teamwork to stay alive.

Here we go;
http://www.callofduty.com/reconnaissance/videos#224
http://www.callofduty.com/reconnaissance/videos#231
Watch and enjoy. ;p
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 05:40:27 pm »

Console-tard means exactly what you think it means. Consoles always owned PC's? I think you'll find that is not true and never has been.

PC's have always been more useful and a few years ahead in terms of technology. Consoles are limited in their uses.. it has only been in the last 2 generations that they have been able to do anything other than play games (play DVD's) PC's are a much more worthwhile investment.. once a console generation is finished companies stop making games for that generation where as PC's are a constant platform which will never become obsolete.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 07:50:43 pm »
unless you want another WW2 game vomitted back at you you should buy left 4 dead.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 08:00:59 pm »
unless you want another WW2 game vomitted back at you you should buy left 4 dead.

Do you take time to look into game development, like for COD:WW, before making posts such as this?
Of course, it's another World War 2 game, or else it wouldn't be Call of Duty. It's not what a game is based upon, or else all non-realistic, fantasy games would suck.
It's the game play, detail, difficulty and lastly the graphics that could more than "OH LOOK ANOTHER "WW2" GAME! LETS IGNORE IT!"
-Jamey Johnson