7 (20.6%)
Left 4 Dead
13 (38.2%)
Gears of War 2
7 (20.6%)
Or something else
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Novembermas  (Read 5532 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Novembermas
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 08:08:04 pm »
unless you want another WW2 game vomitted back at you you should buy left 4 dead.

Do you take time to look into game development, like for COD:WW, before making posts such as this?
Of course, it's another World War 2 game, or else it wouldn't be Call of Duty. It's not what a game is based upon, or else all non-realistic, fantasy games would suck.
It's the game play, detail, difficulty and lastly the graphics that could more than "OH LOOK ANOTHER "WW2" GAME! LETS IGNORE IT!"
Its shit, its not original enough to even look into.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 08:11:56 pm »
unless you want another WW2 game vomitted back at you you should buy left 4 dead.

Do you take time to look into game development, like for COD:WW, before making posts such as this?
Of course, it's another World War 2 game, or else it wouldn't be Call of Duty. It's not what a game is based upon, or else all non-realistic, fantasy games would suck.
It's the game play, detail, difficulty and lastly the graphics that could more than "OH LOOK ANOTHER "WW2" GAME! LETS IGNORE IT!"
Its poo, its not original enough to even look into.
See, you're putting down a game you know nothing about, other than that it's a world war 2 game.
Anyways, I know I wont change your mind, since you seem a bit simple minded in the first place. Have fun playing fantasy games the rest of your life.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 08:14:11 pm »

See, you're putting down a game you know nothing about, other than that it's a world war 2 game.
Anyways, I know I wont change your mind, since you seem a bit simple minded in the first place. Have fun playing fantasy games the rest of your life.
Have fun playing the same game over and over.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 08:29:14 pm »
As a fan of Castlevania, I think I will have fun playing the same game over and over.
Honestly, I've been having a lot more fun playing retro games than new ones. FFIII (SNES) and Mario RPG are great games; way better than many new games I have played lately. So I would think about that. Where you might get them, I don't know. Then again, retro works for some genres and not for others, and one it does not work on is the FPS.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 08:30:51 pm »

Have fun playing the same game over and over.
It's not the same game, with the new maps, whole new game engine, new weapons, new characters, different part of the war, more game modes and full online. Aside from that, now each level has several paths to choose from so the game play is different every replay.

I'm sure left 4 dead is very fun, however, going the same places every time you start the game, using the same 2-3 weapons against the same, uneducated enemies in a map that's nothing but graphical appeal.
-Jamey Johnson

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 08:35:13 pm »
I'm sure left 4 dead is very fun, however, going the same places every time you start the game, using the same 2-3 weapons against the same, uneducated enemies in a map that's nothing but graphical appeal.
Who's the uninformed idiot here? The game actively spawns enemies depending on your progress, so they're always in different places every time you play.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 08:36:36 pm »
Who's the uninformed idiot here? The game actively spawns enemies depending on your progress, so they're always in different places every time you play.
I am talking about if you restart the game, which I assumed you meant by your other post that it's the same every time.
-Jamey Johnson

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 08:40:44 pm »
I didn't like CoD:WAW.  I got a beta key, tried it out.  Once I shot someone and saw the "+5" on my screen I shut the game off knowing it was like CoD4.  :P

I'm not into WWII, however Left4Dead interests me...
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 08:44:43 pm »
I am talking about if you restart the game, which I assumed you meant by your other post that it's the same every time.
exactly, each time you play a level in left 4 dead the game acts differently. and depending on how successful you are the enemies change spawn rates and placement

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 12:23:45 pm »
btw gears of war 2 isnt comin out for pc

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:25:19 pm by vulbastick »

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 05:04:48 pm »
exactly, each time you play a level in left 4 dead the game acts differently. and depending on how successful you are the enemies change spawn rates and placement

Unfortunately, that probably won't be enough to substitute what looks like to be a mediocre game.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 07:01:57 am »
Heh, man the zombie game mode included in the new call of duty is fun. I hope they enhance it in future patches.
Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 03:37:27 pm »
btw gears of war 2 isnt comin out for pc

I'm gonna wait for it.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 01:21:25 am »
Console tard? what the hell is that supposed to mean? Consoles always owned PC's in gaming experience in my eyes!!

Console-tard means exactly what you think it means. Consoles always owned PC's? I think you'll find that is not true and never has been.

PC's have always been more useful and a few years ahead in terms of technology. Consoles are limited in their uses.. it has only been in the last 2 generations that they have been able to do anything other than play games (play DVD's) PC's are a much more worthwhile investment.. once a console generation is finished companies stop making games for that generation where as PC's are a constant platform which will never become obsolete.

Ya beat me to it Mangled.  Pretty much took the exact words out of my mouth.  PCs are so superior it's not even funny.

I can run any game from pre-1995 with DOSBox, which means no game ever goes out of date.  There's also compatibility mode.
Can you run your PS1 games on your PS3?  Didn't think so.

I can simply swap out a certain part on my PC and spend only about $100-$200 depending on what it is, if I want to play the newer games.
If you want to get with the new games with consoles, shell out another $600 at release date as well as $100s more for your controllers and peripherals.  Make this happen every 5-6 years when a console run ends.  Now compare that to about $100-$200 every 3-6 years for a PC.

Computers can do more than watch movies, chat, and play games.  Modding is very popular and very lucrative.  Look what has been done to Quake for example:

to

Try modding anything with your consoles, whether it be a game or hardware.  See what happens.

And personally, for FPS games, I'd much rather have a mouse, than a little dinky stick.

But back on topic...

Personally, I would get STALKER Clear Sky.  It's a great game.  But of the ones you gave me...  All I can say is don't get CoD5.  WWII games have been done to death already.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:24:17 am by Brock »
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 02:28:05 pm »
I can run any game from pre-1995 with DOSBox, which means no game ever goes out of date.  There's also compatibility mode.
Can you run your PS1 games on your PS3?  Didn't think so.

I can, actually. I have the original 60GB PlayStation 3 model, which includes full backwards compatibility.

I can simply swap out a certain part on my PC and spend only about $100-$200 depending on what it is, if I want to play the newer games.
If you want to get with the new games with consoles, shell out another $600 at release date as well as $100s more for your controllers and peripherals.  Make this happen every 5-6 years when a console run ends.  Now compare that to about $100-$200 every 3-6 years for a PC.

$100 - $200 every 3 - 6 years? I'm not sure which decade you live in, but no longer than 3 months after you purchase a brand new $400 graphics card is it considered "old." After that, it's only about 3 more years or so until you pretty much have to get one. And that's just for graphics cards.

Computers can do more than watch movies, chat, and play games.  Modding is very popular and very lucrative.  Look what has been done to Quake for example:
Try modding anything with your consoles, whether it be a game or hardware.  See what happens.

It's quite true that not much can be done to personalize your games on consoles. It's a good point.

And personally, for FPS games, I'd much rather have a mouse, than a little dinky stick.

As far as I know, current-generation consoles allow you to use a USB mouse and USB keyboard. I haven't been a witness of this on the 360 or the Wii, but my PS3 works just fine with both.

Don't get me wrong; PCs are definitely the path to travel if you're knowledgeable in that area. However, your arguments are exaggerated.

Being severely disappointed with Guitar Hero: World Tour, I'm trying to back at least a portion of the money that I spent on it so that I can spend it on Resistance 2 and possibly Mirror's Edge.

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 10:31:06 pm »
$100 - $200 every 3 - 6 years? I'm not sure which decade you live in, but no longer than 3 months after you purchase a brand new $400 graphics card is it considered "old." After that, it's only about 3 more years or so until you pretty much have to get one. And that's just for graphics cards.

I spent approximately $184 for my processor, and that is going to last me at LEAST another 5 years, probably more once I OC it.
And I'm smart.  I don't but the "latest and greatest" when it comes out.  I wait.  Prices drop dramatically.  My current videocard will keep me going for another 3 years.
And yes it's considered "old", but can it still play games of the top caliber?  Uh, heck yes.  My X1900GT which was made in 2004-2005 could run Crysis on Medium-high details at 1024x768.

And although I MAY have exaggerated a bit on the money part (it was like 2 am   :-\) :

My point is, I would rather spend a couple hundred bucks every 2-3 years, and change one thing, rather than having to get used to a whole new set of hardware, which may or may not allow you to play the older games and use your older equipment.

Another thing I didn't mention was that computers can run a wonderful thing called an emulator.  I can run virtually every console ever made if I want to on my PC.  Find a console that can do that, hm?
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 10:49:20 pm »
Well, except for current gen, PS2, and the original XBox.

My PSP runs all of the older emulators, like SNES, Atari, GBA, PS1, and N64. ^_^ I heart it.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 02:53:22 pm »
left 4 dead demo came out
its so much fun, if you're playin with the right people

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 06:33:07 pm »
I found the graphics to be horrible. mabey it was the resalution i was playing at. but it was so pixelated i thought i was playing a Ps2 game.
Holy Poop!

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 09:10:16 am »
I tried the demo also, it was pretty damn amazing! I want to try the demo for Cod5 also, but I don't know where it is D:
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"