Author Topic: Relationship Thread  (Read 7212 times)

Offline Warchild

• Major(1)
Re: Relationship Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 10:49:33 pm »
That's the saddest thing I've ever read. Seriously, by getting into drugs you're just making yourself look extremely unappealing to a huge majority of females. And as for the ones who are attracted to the laid-back, stoner, feck everything let's just party, be cool and listen to Grateful Dead whilst smoking bowls all day long, kind of attitude, what do you expect to get in return? A trashy, junky, whiny, greedy, slore with no emotional range or goal in life? I thank you no.

Smoking pot may not get you girls but it will certainly get you fun times with a lot of people. If it's done in moderation then there are plenty of worse things you can do to yourself legally, so I don't see what the issue is. I think you're just really uptight and scared of the world mister jrgp, I smoke pot now and again with some of the most unlikely people. Girls that I would've never imagined smoking join me from time to time, nice girls with their lives on track. Don't stereotype.
Stag  [Barret] [knife] / Fwks [AUG] [knife]

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 10:52:46 pm »
i just dislike his generalising point of view. there's either a person that doesn't smoke, and a person who is completley addicted and "has no goal in life" in his eyes.
he stated that point of view in different posts already.

also, it takes a new level of being pathetic to start smoking weed just to gain affection by girls.
Former SuperKill

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 11:00:01 pm »
to you lot asking why you would want to get a girl like that, remind yourselves that he should be grateful to even get a girl. beggars cant be choosers

also no one meets their ideal girl after one try. those that say they have are lying. and worse yet, often sad

and theres no way hes even gonna be able to score his perfect bird without getting some experience first

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 11:02:30 pm »
thread derailed, but Mangled can't take credit :(
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 11:05:22 pm »
to you lot asking why you would want to get a girl like that, remind yourselves that he should be grateful to even get a girl. beggars cant be choosers

also no one meets their ideal girl after one try. those that say they have are lying. and worse yet, often sad

and theres no way hes even gonna be able to score his perfect bird without getting some experience first

Not true, but clearly arguing with you would be pointless, since you're a self proclaimed drug user for the sole purpose of finding a girlfriend.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 11:21:04 pm »
Not true, but clearly arguing with you would be pointless, since you're a self proclaimed drug user for the sole purpose of finding a girlfriend.

firstly, you know next to nothing about me

secondly, dont make the effort to post in my thread by saying im wrong and then not typing that one extra sentence to say why. just dont post at all if thats how youre going to be dickhead

stop trying to make out this thread is going off topic when there was a good debate going on about whether or not drugs are a good thing to do to attract girls

now stop pissing about and either post something related to the topic or go have a wank

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 11:30:03 pm »
Guys, I just went on a 3 week meth binge, and it got me in a great relationship. Me and Frank have been in love ever since I stepped into that cell.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 11:38:31 pm »
Guys, I just went on a 3 week meth binge, and it got me in a great relationship. Me and Frank have been in love ever since I stepped into that cell.

I thought you were with Big Ben?
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 11:42:48 pm »
Shh! Don't tell that to Frank. He gets mighty jealous when I'm with any of the studs around the yard. If he knew about Large Benjamin and I he'd kill me.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:02 pm »

The idea that you have to date a less desirable girl before you can date a more desirable one is just ridiculous.  What's stopping a person from asking out someone from, say, church? In the right environment, you're much more likely to "score your perfect bird" than in some lousy environment.  Besides, you may not find your ideal girl first, but the overall quality of the first person you date will be higher than if you tried to pick one out from a social smoking group.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 12:52:20 am »

I don't recall him stating that he's begging for a girl.

There is no such thing as an "ideal girl" in the realm of existence.

I'm in agreement with you there. Though I myself learn quickly, I still lack greatly in experience. Then again, that's one of the main characteristics of my kind of people.

The idea that you have to date a less desirable girl before you can date a more desirable one is just ridiculous.  What's stopping a person from asking out someone from, say, church? In the right environment, you're much more likely to "score your perfect bird" than in some lousy environment.  Besides, you may not find your ideal girl first, but the overall quality of the first person you date will be higher than if you tried to pick one out from a social smoking group.

First of all, church may be a more ideal environment for you, but not for everyone. This is because you actually attend church. To someone like me, who has only smoked pot three or four times in his entire lifetime (and didn't find it very enjoyable, mind you), dating someone who I meet at a bud fiesta may -- may -- be more ideal to me than dating someone I meet at church. This is mostly because I'm not religious in the least and tend to avoid anything to do with religion whenever I can. I will say, however, that it really doesn't matter as long as the church attendee isn't a strict believer (abstinence until marriage, "God just killed a kitten because of you," that kinda thing) or as long as the pot smoker doesn't smoke routinely. Excessive activity in either case is not something I'd put up with in a girl, point blank. If they act intermediately, it may actually be worth a shot if I'm attracted. However, my opinion doesn't really matter, because everyone else has their own.

Secondly, I believe Panzer is trying to say that there's no possible way to know whether or not you're dating your "ideal" girl (which, to re-iterate, is a romantic fantasy) if she is the only one you have ever dated. Reason simply deems it a self-evident truth. From an objective perspective, you can't compare her to any other experiences, as you haven't had any others.

Thirdly, I suspect that it is impossible to judge the desirability of a girl until you've spent significant amounts of time with her. In general, people do not disclose their true persona to others. It takes time and experience with a person to discover his or her hidden (and thus, most important) flaws. It's a loose belief of mine that gladly accepting someone as a package of strengths and flaws grants you the privilege of saying "I love you."

Just remember: the generalizations that you make about people who smoke pot and people who drink alcohol (note: not alcoholics, big difference) would be quite similar to me declaring something like "Christians are the most strict, boring, and gullible people around, and they ruin their lives by basing their actions on false beliefs." The reason that such a statement seems absurd to you is because society subjectively raised you so, in the same way that they raised you to believe that if you smoke pot even once, your brain deteriorates and you begin speaking like a retard with Down's Syndrome in slow motion.

You've been textwalled!

Also, the drastic change in topic amuses me.

Edit: Interestingly enough, there was a point at which I sounded exactly like jrgp. Straight-edge. Thought that alcohol made you downright stupid. Thought that weed turned you into a vegetable unworthy of existence. Being a hypocrite has made me a better person.

And where the fuck is Vijchtidoodah when we need him? He's quite possibly the most experienced and most intellectual druggie around. He has much to teach you.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:03:09 am by Kazuki »

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 02:15:15 am »
There is no such thing as an "ideal girl" in the realm of existence.
Naturally, but there are going to be some people who you click with much better than others.  "Ideal" probably means "a lot of good qualities and tolerable bad qualities."

First of all, church may be a more ideal environment for you, but not for everyone.
Right, which is why I said "asking out someone from, say, church" and continued talking about a generic "environment."  I was just using church as an example.

Secondly, I believe Panzer is trying to say that there's no possible way to know whether or not you're dating your "ideal" girl (which, to re-iterate, is a romantic fantasy) if she is the only one you have ever dated. Reason simply deems it a self-evident truth. From an objective perspective, you can't compare her to any other experiences, as you haven't had any others.
Sure, but you DO know if she's fun to be around, if she can provide emotional support, and so on.  If you're satisfied with the first girl you ever date, what does it matter that you have no one to compare her to?

Thirdly, I suspect that it is impossible to judge the desirability of a girl until you've spent significant amounts of time with her. In general, people do not disclose their true persona to others. It takes time and experience with a person to discover his or her hidden (and thus, most important) flaws. It's a loose belief of mine that gladly accepting someone as a package of strengths and flaws grants you the privilege of saying "I love you."
Very true.  People will often try to make a good impression at first, so it takes time to let their other qualities come out.

Just remember: the generalizations that you make about people who smoke pot and people who drink alcohol (note: not alcoholics, big difference) would be quite similar to me declaring something like "Christians are the most strict, boring, and gullible people around, and they ruin their lives by basing their actions on false beliefs." The reason that such a statement seems absurd to you is because society subjectively raised you so, in the same way that they raised you to believe that if you smoke pot even once, your brain deteriorates and you begin speaking like a retard with Down's Syndrome in slow motion.
It's not so much that I think drug user == terrible person.  But not dating someone because they smoke pot, for me, is similar to not dating someone because they're obese, or have several piercings.  To me, that sends the message that they don't respect themselves enough to do what's good for their bodies, and that often represents their character as it applies to other issues as well.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 09:06:00 am »
Edit: Interestingly enough, there was a point at which I sounded exactly like jrgp. Straight-edge. Thought that alcohol made you downright stupid. Thought that weed turned you into a vegetable unworthy of existence. Being a hypocrite has made me a better person.
Well, you've got to understand that the people I've grown up with starting getting into drugs and other crap a few years ago. And where are they now?  Selling drugs, getting arrested, knocking up girls, etc. These were my friends at one point, people I cared about. Now they're fecked beyond all belief, primarily due to substances and lack of intelligence.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:35 am »
yeah, so your unintelligent failed friends are definately a prime example about everyone else that smokes weed.

gamer, that last part of your's sounded like something way too religous. you almost make it sound like being fat or pierced is a sin.
Former SuperKill

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 10:23:39 am »
Well, you've got to understand that the people I've grown up with starting getting into drugs and other crap a few years ago. And where are they now?  Selling drugs, getting arrested, knocking up girls, etc. These were my friends at one point, people I cared about. Now they're fecked beyond all belief, primarily due to substances and lack of intelligence.

Don't get me wrong; I am in no way stating that drugs are a good thing. I am stating, however, that their negativity is greatly exaggerated (this varies from substance to substance). Like slashnoob said, "straight-edge" and "addicted stoner" aren't the only two descriptors when it comes to pot; there's a spectrum of intensity in-between. Of course, if you start smoking pot frequently, you're in danger of prioritizing pot over other responsibilities, and worse yet, making it a habit to do so. That's what will fuck you over in the long run. The occasional casual high won't change your life for the worse, especially since pot is psychologically addictive, not physiologically addictive.

Right, which is why I said "asking out someone from, say, church" and continued talking about a generic "environment."  I was just using church as an example.

I understand, but you implied that something along the lines of church is a "good environment," whereas something along the lines of a smoking social group is a "bad environment." I was just trying to state that it isn't true for everyone. Using myself as an example, I stated that neither church nor a pot gathering is a good environment for me. In fact, in my eyes, they are just about equally undesirable. Simultaneously, it doesn't matter to me given that anyone I may be attracted to is not excessive in either case and that their interests pique mine.

This is because "environments" hold an association with one's interests. I, for example, would be much more likely to pursue someone I'm attracted to at a LAN party rather than at a pot gathering or at church. Obviously, the "quality" of a pot smoker's relationship with a girl from a social smoking group would be higher than that of a church attendee's relationship with the same girl.

Sure, but you DO know if she's fun to be around, if she can provide emotional support, and so on.  If you're satisfied with the first girl you ever date, what does it matter that you have no one to compare her to?

Very true, in my opinion. I believe that it's possible to determine whether or not you want to spend the rest of your life with the first girl you meet (though blindsighted in most cases). I was just saying that you can't logically think that there isn't anyone better for you, whether that is an absolute statement or one that includes a "within reach" circumstance.

It's not so much that I think drug user == terrible person.  But not dating someone because they smoke pot, for me, is similar to not dating someone because they're obese, or have several piercings.  To me, that sends the message that they don't respect themselves enough to do what's good for their bodies, and that often represents their character as it applies to other issues as well.

That's reasonable. Something like respect for one's own body as a prerequisite isn't very farfetched at all. Unfortunately, if it was the case that most people thought like you, more people would be motivated to take care of themselves. The sad truth is that most people who avoid obese people do so because they are unattractive; most people who avoid those with piercings do so because they label that person as an overall negative being; most people who avoid pot smokers do so because they characterize that person as stupid or irresponsible.

It's almost as if all of these reactions are somehow predetermined within us ... Ahem.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 10:46:40 am »
ok whatever i was just saying that its likely this girl will be more interested in him if he does something cool. if hes just like everyone else then hes just like everyone else

you can argue all you want but thats life

also ive scanned over some of the stuff youve been saying and gamer and kazuki make good points each but you both understand that you write too much so youll just have to pretend i wrote acknowledgements

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 10:49:16 am »
ok whatever i was just saying that its likely this girl will be more interested in him if he does something cool. if hes just like everyone else then hes just like everyone else

Sucks 'cause it's true. But at the same time, I find it rather pathetic to go to such lengths just to get a shot at a girl. It's just too troublesome.

Also, yeah. I understand that walls of text aren't very inviting, haha.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 11:16:19 am »
I find it rather pathetic to go to such lengths just to get a shot at a girl. It's just too troublesome.

i would say that yes you do a lot of work for one girl but also every other girl after that, but i think theres something a bit more relevant

perhaps it may be that people like you and i might not care whether or not things work out with someone. for some reason it seems the average person will tend to focus on one person rather than a pool of potential people

you only get one chance to make a first impression, and im suggesting he act more mature because its far more likely to work than perhaps other ideas like getting her a crummy gift. it may seem pathetic but i suppose thats high school

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 03:10:48 pm »
Hm..... I was thinking, giving her a birthday card is a stupid idea, right?....

Anyways, Panzer's and Kazuki's (without the cliche) sounds really great.

P.S. Panzer, she's not looking for any relationship, it's just for fun.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 04:16:38 pm »
Hm..... I was thinking, giving her a birthday card is a stupid idea, right?....
No, that's a great idea! As long as it's not one of those stupid joke cards. Get her a sweet one.
There are other worlds than these