Author Topic: Influential Games  (Read 2905 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Influential Games
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 03:31:57 pm »
Oh also, Metal Slug 1,2, X, and 3. It started my life for violent games.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 04:02:11 pm »
The Oregon Trail: even though I sucked at hunting
Gizmos and Gadgets: WOOOOT
Word.

For FPS.... Probably soldat. I got to know all the forum people, first time ever joined a think called 'clan', and my favorite FPS :D
You DO know what FPS means, right?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 05:25:06 pm »
Doom: it was actually the verry first i played with real violence and all that in it,made me question if there really could be something like this (demons, life on other planets,...)

Soldat: first i was like 'what is this for a weard silly game' when my friend showed it to me, but i did liked it, and it got better and better, first game i joined forums of etc...

Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega Game Gear):
loved that speedy guy.

Terminator (sega game gear):
hard as hell, but i just loved termintor so i kept stealing it from my brother and playing it every day. (never got farther then 3levels)

(for those of you not knowing what Sega Game Gear is)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 08:42:12 am »
First Person Shooter. Yeah, I know, I just feel too lazy to change it. Soldat's third person shooter, right?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 08:56:24 am »
First Person Shooter. Yeah, I know, I just feel too lazy to change it. Soldat's third person shooter, right?

soldat is a 2d shooter.
3rd person are games like HITMAN/Gears of War where you can see the character completely and stuff...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 09:55:12 am »
WARNING: Walls of Text

Wolfenstein 3D - This is the first FPS game I played, which is also the beginning of my liking for various shooting games (whether 2D or 3D) even before I realized it.

Worms 2/Armageddon/World Party - This game did influence me, I can't remember what. All I remember is, it is one of the reasons why I gain more creativity and I earned a bit of estimation skill. I used to play with myself - putting all human-controlled teams, then making up a "story". This is not the first turn-based artillery game I played though.

Runescape - I joined because my brother was playing it, I got interested and he also might need my help. And it is actually from Runescape, that I got my nickname Spy_The_Man1993 (STM1993), from someone whom I saw in runescape by the name of "spy the man".

Metal Slug (1, 2, X, and MUCH later, 4) - This 2D shooter is one of the first few games I played together with my brother cooperatively. I remember I loved to choose Marco (and still do now) while my brother always chose Tarma. I would die a lot and keep shooting like mad, while my bro always did much better than I.

Little Fighter 2
I played LF2 with my brother when LF2 was version 1.7. My brother used Freeze, while I used Firen - and often we would try to fuse into Firzen when we were low on health. He also messed with the data (not with a data changer, he moved some files, not sure how he did it) that made Firzen had no moves and when he did run-attack, he would transform into a sorcerer to perform a drop kick. We later discovered modifications, and installed them into the game. Some time later, 1.9 came out, and we cooperated in stage again and defeated Julian. I was Henry, I can't remember who my bro was but its either Deep, LouisEX or Firen - my bro lost since he ate a lot of skull blasts while I was using hit-and-run. For your info, we had no idea about the cheat code to unlock all characters and any idea about the secret characters. I wanted to find out more about LF2 and later discovered the Data Changer as well as a forum - the first forum I ever went to and participated for years (Robotical World, then it changed server to Lucky007, Game4Fans, RealityDesu, now its dead). From the forums, I actually learned a lot and grew to become more mature as I met some of the senior members there - and took a great interest in writing stories (this is why I type walls of text). It is also from there that I discovered Soldat (during 1.3). Then it led me to many other LF2-related forums and more places. So all in all, LF2 is actually the very game that started the journey that led me to become the person I am today.

GunZ Online (ijji)
This is the first online game (its shooting) that I played with my real life friends. They started quite some time ago in the international version, but switched to ijji. I then joined in from ijji. I was still pretty immature back then, and only matured when I saw the real internet world instead of always playing with my friends. This is also the game that led me to get interested in guns and weapons. In the end, I became the highest in level of all my friends, and they eventually quit (some time in the middle of last year), while I continued playing all the way until I got bored months ago. I also joined another forum

Soldat
Earlier on, I was just a Major with an AK in 1.3, then a completely black guy with invisible skin holding Aug/Knife, then in 1.4 a Ruger + LAW, then 1.4.1 a Spas-user. In between each version I did stop playing Soldat for a while. I wanted to know more about Soldat weapons, so I found these forums. I only joined the forums MUCH later when I took the trouble to create a gmail account. Now, 1.4.2, I'm the player I am today - who joined the forums here and participate, and known for my walls of text.

^ These are the games that influence me, mainly. There may be more, but I'm not gonna elaborate further because I'm sure there are people who are bored + I'm sleepy.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:57:56 am by STM1993 »

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 10:08:56 am »
Double Dragon
the first fighting game i played over at my friends house (it was on those old pc with HUGE floppy disks) it was awesome because you could play it with 2players on 1screen but it was pretty hard at the time.
good times.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 10:53:17 am »
Gunbound. It removed my stupidity of angles.

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 03:48:14 pm »
Commander Keen....epicness, first game a modded, loved it and still do

Soldat...probably spent more time on it than any other game, first game a played and joined a clan for

Empire Windows, ancient turn based strategy game. more windows 3.1, must say it probably helped develop must strategic logic
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka