Poll

Server Option to turn off damaged of bullets/nades fired from dead soldats.

Yes
10 (23.3%)
No
33 (76.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Bullet/nade damage from dead soldats  (Read 13021 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Bullet/nade damage from dead soldats
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:46:26 am »
I was playing today and realized some kills I got came from bullets or nades that hit after I was dead. I think there should be a server option to turn this on or off. The default will be "on" and it will be like it is now, everything hurts. When "no" is selected only bullets/nades that hit while your alive count.
@ii

Offline Aoba

• Major(1)
  • Rei Ban Bombay
Re: Bullet/nade damage from dead soldats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:56:59 am »
Hmm, I agree about having an option to enable it or disable. However,  it's fun if someone dies from a grenade thrown just a moment before getting killed. I like this suggestion, as long as there really would be an option for it.
Oh la la.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 06:53:44 am »
I like that + Good suggestion.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:00:02 am »
I think it's a good idea, but the only people that use it will be people who want to get better.  All the n00bs that think they run Soldat won't select it cause they want those last few bullets/nade to get them a kill so they can show their 1337 $K1LLZ0I2Z
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Messiah

• Major(1)
  • KILL
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 11:02:13 am »
Yeah, sometimes i die from late shots and you dont see the log in the top right hand corner it just has there name like "Major <no gun> and it dosent say how you died, i think its just late registering, i think its just lag.

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:11:10 am »
I don't get the idea behind this suggestion at all. Isn't it fun and strictly normal that your bullets and grenades still have effect after you died?

I totally miss the point/use for this suggestion.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 11:12:12 am »
Yeah, sometimes i die from late shots and you dont see the log in the top right hand corner it just has there name like "Major <no gun> and it dosent say how you died, i think its just late registering, i think its just lag.
Agreed.

I dont think this idea should be implemented because making kills after your death is pretty big. Think anout CWs and stuff
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 11:14:23 am »
I think that if this were implemented I would scream. If you throw a nade and are killed, your nade is still going to go off and kill whoever runs it over. I dont see why one would want this not to happen, unless you are being owned over and over by a dead dude :(... My vote, NO.

I do think that bullets going slower than x speed should not inflict damage though.

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 12:33:04 pm »
Absolutely not. It's only natural that the shots you make while still alive will still give damage after you're dead. Think about M79 duels where both people shoot, Player A has a pretty ordinary, quick kill, while Player B's shot makes an awesome arc and comes crashing down upon Player A's head, seconds after Player B is already dead. I've had many classic moments like these, and I'd hate to see them no more over something so completely unnecessary. I can see no real reason for enabling this option.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 04:56:42 pm »
I do think that bullets going slower than x speed should not inflict damage though.

That already happens... to a degree I guess. The farther and less speed a bullet has, the less damage
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 05:58:58 pm »
But if you got rid of that there would be no last minute revenge, let alone be unrealistic.
makes no sense to get rid of it...

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 07:44:11 pm »
But if you got rid of that there would be no last minute revenge, let alone be unrealistic.
Having to get shot 8-10 times from a ak before you die is realistic? Btw I love using my jet boots to fly to work.
@ii

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 07:53:45 pm »
Aw, common.

Death by a dead guy is one of my favorite things. Rush in, throw some nades, burn off a steyr clip, die, kill 3 guys due to nades. Funfun.
not around

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 07:54:42 pm »
I just think it would be nice to have the game to be a bit more challanging.
@ii

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 08:00:08 pm »
this would totally screw up half my knife kills, which I throw in the thick of a fight once I run out of ammo.  I usually hit someone but only after I'm dead.

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 05:06:55 am »
Having to get shot 8-10 times from a ak before you die is realistic? Btw I love using my jet boots to fly to work.

vulbastick should have said Illogical. IMO , unrealistic is fine ( 2d, jetboots , 10 bullets to kill,respawing, etc..) but but something not logic? come on,  it is reasonable to expect your bullets to be independent and just be after you fired them .  this idea is like to make teamkills add to your kills , your gun shooting backwards, all bullets that dont hit do, all those that hit dont..., its just illogical and will ruin the game

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 05:13:49 am »
I was playing today and realized some kills I got came from bullets or nades that hit after I was dead. I think there should be a server option to turn this on or off. The default will be "on" and it will be like it is now, everything hurts. When "no" is selected only bullets/nades that hit while your alive count.

What about bullet time then?

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 09:51:52 am »
CW's no, but as an option for the server, who knows it might not be bad for pubs every now and then...
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline CardBoardWarrior

• Soldier
  • "The best secondary is a primary"
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 10:53:23 am »
I don't get the idea behind this suggestion at all. Isn't it fun and strictly normal that your bullets and grenades still have effect after you died?

I totally miss the point/use for this suggestion.
Yeah, I dont like this idea.

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 11:42:28 am »
Eh ?  :-\

I think this would be a pretty lame addition.
Because of some of the following reasons:

Absolutely not. It's only natural that the shots you make while still alive will still give damage after you're dead. Think about M79 duels where both people shoot, Player A has a pretty ordinary, quick kill, while Player B's shot makes an awesome arc and comes crashing down upon Player A's head, seconds after Player B is already dead. I've had many classic moments like these, and I'd hate to see them no more over something so completely unnecessary. I can see no real reason for enabling this option.

this would totally screw up half my knife kills, which I throw in the thick of a fight once I run out of ammo.  I usually hit someone but only after I'm dead.

- I agree that getting killed by a dead guy is pretty annoying.
But this would just screw the gameplay up.