Author Topic: Nerf Votekick  (Read 3531 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Nerf Votekick
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 07:23:23 am »
Just to make myself clear - "Free" as in convenient and little restrictions. There are always cases whereby people forget their passwords etc and end up being unable to play... so I won't be surprised if a certain IP can no longer have further accounts than the restricted amount because of such cases. And that would affect the number of people playing negatively.

Besides, like the forums or any other online games with accounts, there is bound to be a whole lot of inactive accounts. If something happens, an entire database of accounts may just disappear overnight and people have to remake their accounts again. This can be a problem for a simple game like Soldat.

If it is server-based, you'll know these effects pretty well if you play in the infiltration zombie server KNS|Zombie
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:30:54 am by STM1993 »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »
My main problem with the votekick (which I have suggested already) is that a non-vote is considered no. Say, if you need 50% for a vote, and there are 10 people in the server, 5 have to vote yes. Obviously. The problem is if 4 vote yes, 3 vote no, and 3 don't vote, (to say, new server or to kick someone) then the vote is turned down. I think it should take the percentage out of the actual votes. Which has something to do with this discussion, because like what Spilt said would be near impossible because people don't vote.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 04:05:14 am »
My main problem with the votekick (which I have suggested already) is that a non-vote is considered no.

On the other hand, not voting can count as "neutral" vote now (if someone does not care). But I agree that it's stupid when vote fails because some people didn't notice it at all.

Offline TmTgr

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Major
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 11:30:48 pm »
Vote kick is should stay because sometimes the admins never come, and it just ruins the game. (I should know, its usually me ruining the game)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 02:31:15 pm »
Only registered players should votekick

please don't seriously consider this D:

It is a serverside adjustment, but some people who run servers are stupid and jerks. no change in the game is going to fix lousy servers. Instead I'd like to blacklist servers so they don't trash up my lobby screen.

And gathers suck.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 02:54:04 pm »
Instead I'd like to blacklist servers so they don't trash up my lobby screen.

Maybe...
But it'd be better to blacklist players. However, without accounts this is not possible.