Author Topic: HT's userbar factory  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
HT's userbar factory
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:48:15 am »
Some recent stuff

Battlefield 2 players:

Hilltop Hoods (Aussie hip-hop/rap artists)

Rise Against - Appeal to Reason (pretty crappy..shouldn't even be posting it.. but meh)

Winamp Media Player

---

Please, if you like any feel free to use

I will try to take what requests I can, but I cant guarantee you a userbar. 
If you really want one, then you should link me some images you want to be used (please nothing too vertical, real pain in the arse, and I won't be doing them) and ask me for the text you want.  (obviously nothing against the forum rules, e.g nudity/swearing)

Please, keep the ideas simple and sensible.  I'm not saying that because i'm lazy, but userbars are really meant to be like that.. I think even with these rather simple designs I have somewhat pushed what you call a 'userbar' (with the overlapping designs and all).  Ideally, I want you to request bands/music artists for the most part.  and games

the above examples are actually pretty crap, apart from the winamp and BF2 ones, which I actually put some effort into.  but I hope to contribute to the community by doing requests to a higher level of my ability ;)

I will also make sure to keep them below the file size limit. 

The userbars i'm wearing right now were the first two I ever made ;o so don't base my work off them.

Player since late 2007

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: HT's userbar factory
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 07:38:39 am »
For Winamp's userbar, I'd suggest a number 3 which I think I might use - make it like number 2, but at the right side there's the winamp icon like the first one. I'm not gonna edit it myself because number 2 actually looks slightly lighter than number 1 and this is your work =P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:41:41 am by STM1993 »

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 01:10:49 pm »
If I were to have any userbars, I would probably take the Rise Against one, because their newest album is quite good. Winamp is also le awesome, but who doesn't use Winamp?

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 01:18:41 pm »
If I were to have any userbars, I would probably take the Rise Against one, because their newest album is quite good. Winamp is also le awesome, but who doesn't use Winamp?

Me D:

I use iTunes?

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 02:24:19 pm »
Foobar here.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 03:09:07 pm »
I have always wondered?  How exactly does one make a userbar?  Is there some sort of technique to it?  I have PS, but I don't really know how to go about making look all slick
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 03:26:32 pm »
Me D:

I use iTunes?

Oh, you poor, poor soul.

I have always wondered?  How exactly does one make a userbar?  Is there some sort of technique to it?  I have PS, but I don't really know how to go about making look all slick

http://www.astahost.com/info.php/photoshop-tutorial-how-make-userbar-signatures_t10435.html

First link that I found on Google. Seems simple enough.

Offline Ins

• Major(1)
  • Leet'n'Sweet
    • Ins Website
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 03:32:59 pm »
Foobar > Winamp, but i like this userbar.
Also Hilltop hoods is nice.
First and third don't fit me.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 01:27:13 am »

I don't use any websites, it's best to do them from scratch because all websites let you do is choose the background gradient and how the diagonal lines look, you can add a tiny picture and text, and thats about it.  with real graphics programs, the possibilities are endless. [I used paint.net]

I might make a Foobar one, since some people use that

thanks for the reasonably nice comments so far ;P

Player since late 2007