Author Topic: STM1993's Simple Weapons Analysis [Normal]  (Read 12600 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: STM1993's Simple Weapons Guide [Normal]
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 02:24:28 pm »
The best guide is playing, this might simply help you pick your playing style but you should add more analysis for the situations in which certain weapons are preferred etc...To make it complete.
I already stated that somewhere in this thread that guides are just guides (to give players a better theoretical view of the game); it doesn't help improve so instead of just reading guides, players should practice on their own. Plus, this guide is a general description of the weapons rather than one for applications. I intend to write a separate guide for application/analysis (which would be a lot more useful) but I may not have time for it at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback.

You're welcome, that's one thing.
The other thing is an offer of my help should you need any. As I can definitely analyze different game play tactics\strategies up to the intermediate player level.
b&

Offline Jaedong

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 05:36:04 am »
This guide is stupid. All your information is misleading for new players because they won't become good by following this "guide". For example, you've classified weapons into categories like "DPS" and "DOT" (lol) and offensive/defensive. This depends on the user's playstyle and with your guide, this is just hindering them.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 06:17:11 am »
I never claimed that following guides are the way to making better players, I did say before that experience is the best teacher. If the reader were to use it as a strict guideline to limit himself, then that'd be wrong usage. Though admit it, they are statistically correct in some sense. I mean come on, you don't expect someone to be charging in a dogfight with a Barrett because of its horrid bink, nor do you believe that the AK does more damage per shot than a Ruger, nor believing that the MP5 can beat a Minimi at long range and in an ammo contest?

I think I should rename this to "analysis" rather than guide and put a disclaimer, I agree it's misleading to call it a guide.

Thanks for the feedback. Your criticism is well-appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:39:32 am by STM1993 »

Offline Jaedong

• Major(1)
Re: STM1993's Simple Weapons Analysis [Normal]
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 09:14:38 pm »
You can rush with any gun as long as you have nades to back you up and spam with.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 05:33:41 am »
It'd be better if you could use an auto with a nade to spam compared to a Barrett and a nade when you rush though.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=26366.0
^ One whole thread of 20 pages regarding a big debate on nades. (I am not a major participant)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:43:24 am by STM1993 »

Offline Z i p p y

• Major(1)
  • BattlEye Tester
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 06:30:11 pm »
Good guide, although the title is a bit misleading... "Simple Weapons Analysis", I wouldn't exactly call this simple :P
My life in a nutshell = Soldat

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 07:15:04 pm »
Oh it is simple, he never included different situation based examples, nor appliances on different game modes on the pro\newb levels did he? xd
Anyways, nades ARE a major factor in the weaponry issues of soldat, it's a perfect fact.
b&