Author Topic: Upcoming release of LogInSystem - Feedback appreciated :)  (Read 4330 times)

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
    • Soldat Global Account System
Upcoming release of LogInSystem - Feedback appreciated :)
« on: November 19, 2008, 09:48:04 am »
Dear Community,

I would like to announce the upcoming release of LogInSystem. The expected date of release is unknown at the moment owing to a critical bug. This topic is supposed to deliver a first impression off the most important features of LogInSystem. I'm glad about any feedback!

Description:

The idea of LogInSystem is based on DorkeyDear's "Number of Visits" script. LogInSystem allows every server owner to provide a stable database-driven account management on their local server. Every client playing on the server is able to create an account in order to save and track his personal stats. These stats can be customized by the server owner and are supplemented by default stats like visits, last login, played time and so on. Each player profile is visible for everyone and can be easily compared with others. By the way, a ranking system is implemented as well.

Due to the fact that the whole system interacts multi-lingual, it meets the demands of players from all around the globe. It's just easy to add new languages as well as unique stats. However, if something went wrong, the system possess an automatic database repair to restore corrupted player accounts. In case the automatic database repair isn't able to deal with the problem, be aware of the backup function. The backup function provides the storage of old data and can be configured according to your wishes.

Note:

Stored user data by the system e.g. passwords, are at no time again decipherable (MD5 decryption).

To-do by Friday:

• improve localization
  • fix certain bugs
  • increase script performance
  • add additional languages
  • logging improvements

Best regards
Markus
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:44:47 am by Markus Quär »
Soldat Global Account System: #soldat.sgas @ quakenet

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: Upcoming release of LogInSystem - Feedback appreciated :)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:33:31 am »
how is the ranking system calculated? i hope its better than zitrostats which uses ELO formula..
also what about showing the stats on the web?

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 11:35:42 am »
how is the ranking system calculated? i hope its better than zitrostats which uses ELO formula..

I have made a ranking system based on caps and wins instead of elo very basic atm but can be found here http://www.inc-soldat.se/stats.php can be compared with the zitrostats here: http://www.inc-soldat.se/stats/

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 11:42:55 am »
you should add some info.. like what is the cap/win ratio? and maybe limiting ranks (like zitro) til a player gets a few 100 kills

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:49:33 am »

There is no special calculation to order the ranks. They are just ordered by kills, but I'm glad to receive useful feedback.
If you prefer a particular kind of calculation, let me know. It's not hard to implement an intricate calculation with different stats like round wins, kills, deaths and so on.
Publishing stats on the web is not implemented yet, because I'm working on a global php based account system, that will upload stats automatic. I can code such an web function for LogInSystem, if you tell me, which socket receives these stats.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:01:18 pm by Markus Quär »

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 12:12:49 pm »
you should add some info.. like what is the cap/win ratio? and maybe limiting ranks (like zitro) til a player gets a few 100 kills
They are based on the following formula
Points = KD(YC/TC + W/P)
KD= Kill/Death
YC = Your caps
TC = Team(Your team ie total) caps
W = Wins
P = Played games

atm it requires 5 played rounds to be ranked but It should probably be higher like 10-20 at least

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:34:34 pm »
There is no special calculation to order the ranks. They are just ordered by kills, but I'm glad to receive useful feedback.
If you prefer a particular kind of calculation, let me know.
i think leo posted a formula that worked for him some time ago. its: (Kills - Deaths)*(kills/deaths) = Points

Publishing stats on the web is not implemented yet, because I'm working on a global php based account system, that will upload stats automatic. I can code such an web function for LogInSystem, if you tell me, which socket receives these stats.

im not sure what you mean :) also i dont intend to use this script myself, since i dont have a normal ctf server.

@zakath
actually i didnt mean the ranking system, but the 'win %' and 'cap %', though i think i already figured it out

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:43:02 pm »
i think leo posted a formula that worked for him some time ago. its: (Kills - Deaths)*(kills/deaths) = Points

im not sure what you mean :) also i dont intend to use this script myself, since i dont have a normal ctf server.

@zakath
actually i didnt mean the ranking system, but the 'win %' and 'cap %', though i think i already figured it out

Okay well what I've been trying todo is to favour offence and not sitting around in some corner camping just to get high kd which translates to good rank but not necessarily good teamplay

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 01:52:20 pm »

Alright, I'm going to implement this formula as optional setting. It won't be implemented in the official release I guess, but I try my best.

I mean the server which receives the incoming data. Note, this script is not only supposed to work on ctf servers, you can easily implement for example TTW stats, or stats for other game modes. I will provide a guide how to write & implement your own stats at the release date.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:11:27 pm by Markus Quär »

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 10:51:25 am »
I'm sorry guys, I can't release LogInSystem today owing to an unpredictable bug  :-\
As consolation I uploaded an older stable version  :)

Note: Insert the content of the root folder in your root directory of your soldatserver.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:58:06 am by Markus Quär »

Offline [TTD]NadeZilla

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 05:33:03 pm »
Sounds good :)

Offline Therier

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 08:47:34 am »
I'm looking forward to test your LogInSystem when it's released.

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 09:48:26 am »
During the last two weeks I improved the script in regard to the unknown bug, stability and localization fixes.
Finally, it's almost done  :D | Assure yourself:

Profile Comparison

Account Creation

Menu

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 02:59:28 pm »
it's good that you can check your stats and stuff.
One thing though, I hope people don't have to play lame or differently to get good rankings, like joining the best team or basecamping to get few deaths.
More things like: number of Multikills, fastest cap, and other things that just makes you want to OWN :P

and, people are gonna join alone and just keep capping 100 times. and fight over capping the flag.

how about:
-Number of multikills, doubblekill, tripple and so on.
-most used gun?
-how many times kicked?
-
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:15:58 pm by homerofgods »

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 03:38:08 pm »
You're absolutely right. I don't judge those people only playing for good ranking as good, but I think it's nice to see some personal achievements as you mentioned above. Therefore I already implemented a statistic named "Quickest Score". These stats are something like an incentive to play as team, to play together in order to achieve a great gameplay. In addition I'm going to create achievements like the Team Fortress 2 ones, to contribute team play.

and, people are gonna join alone and just keep capping 100 times.

I try to prevent this by disabling the specific stats.

how about:
-Number of multikills, doubblekill, tripple and so on.
-most used gun?
-how many times kicked?
-

These clues are quite nice. I'll implement some of them later. Especially the statistic "Times kicked" is really fancy ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:50:58 pm by Markus Quär »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 07:04:56 pm »
really cool that you make this :D
and it might give the official ranking system some ideas too

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 07:40:34 pm »
question: is quickest score for the current map, or of all maps? (i would separate them into different maps sense flag distances can be different)

gj man, a while ago i wanted to make something like this, never really did.. xD so gj, me likey :)

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 01:27:12 pm »
Quickest score refers to all maps, but I thought about separating them as well. I might add this seperation in combine with stats for each map (e.g. flag captures, flag returns, kills, wins per team etc. on a certain map) to a new version of the script.

gj man, a while ago i wanted to make something like this, never really did.. xD so gj, me likey :)

Good to know that you're also interested in this subject  :)

From the day, I found your fascinating Number of Visits script on forums.soldat.pl, LogInSystem was my first intention to create a soldat script. Therefore I wrote it from scratch without any programming skills in pascal.

Even now, when LogInSystem is ready to meet public, I'm really glad about the fact that I have ever seen your great script.

Thank You!

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 05:14:35 pm »
LogInSystem officially released :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:27:32 pm by Markus Quär »