Author Topic: Halo: Soldat Evolved  (Read 13968 times)

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
Halo: Soldat Evolved
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:11:33 pm »
No Xbox needed!

Download Link:[removed]

A while ago, a fantastic soldat user, Espadon, ventured out on a challenging quest to design the greatest Halo Mod that Soldat could handle. His road was (and still is) perilous, as he tires endlessly to create what a lot of us are anticipating greatly. However, there are some who have grown a little impatient lately... I know, it's natural to want something so great right away... but this kind of thing takes time, and rushing the man will not help. In many ways, it could cause him to speed up, and make errors, which we do not want.

Therefore, I have decided to toss out my Halo mod, which no doubt pales in comparison to his. The main purpose of this mod is to occupy your time a little, and sorta act as a teaser.

All weapons are UNSC weapons from the Halo trilogy. I'm not exactly a Covenant Weapons fan... to be honest I hate their guns. Starting from the top, there are M6G dual handguns, M7 Caseless SMG, MA5C-ICWS Assault Rifle, MA5B Assault Rifle, M90 Combat Shotgun, Spartan Laser, M19 SSM Launcher, S2 AM Sniper Rifle, BR-55 Battle Rifle, AIE-486H LAAG, and for secondaries, the M6C Sidearm, UNSC Combat Knife, Elite Energy Sword (the ONLY Covenant weapon I like), and the 8-round Missile Pod from Halo 3.

Some may question the fact that both the MA5B and MA5C are in this mod together, but if you don't like it, you're more than welcome to change it. Additionally, some of these weapons are set so that they cannot be reloaded. In Halo 3, the AIE has a 200 round limit, per unit. The Spartan Laser has a 5-shot limit, and the Missile Pod only holds 8 missiles. Same in this mod. By setting the reload time incredibly high, they are effectively un-reloadable, thus making it more realistic. I suggest dumping the weapon, and picking up another. The other weapons are reloadable with appropriate times.

The turret in this mod is also unique. It is the M247 GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun) found only in Halo 2. The M247 was replaced by the AIE in Halo 3, and is a .30 cal (7.63mm) MG.

So, I hope you all enjoy this mod a lot, as you eagerly anticipate the release of Espadon's Halo Trilogy Mod. This is a .zip file, that is approximately 35mb in size. A lot of it is sfx and mp3s, which make this mod very enjoyable...

Thank you.

Download Link: [removed]

Gladiator2.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:15:59 pm by Espadon »

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
Re: Halo: Soldat Evolved
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:14:44 pm »
*Cough* Did you credit, SeR!@L k!LLeR, v13t b01 and Rambo_6 for using some of their graphics?

http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/integramod/dload.php?action=file&file_id=222

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:21:15 pm »
...Didn't use anybody's graphics, mate. I may have loosely based mine on the work of others, but all of my graphics are created from scratch.... and they took a long time.

G2

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:15:31 pm »
I know you meant well but as you can see below, the commonalities shared between your gfx and others' are just too close and so I'm going to have to remove the link and lock this until you can come back with original graphics, or permission from their respective authors. The ones I've marked I'm sure aren't the only ones made from hijacked graphics, so don't try to slip by. :)

Index:

1 Spartan Laser [HLT]
2 Energy Sword [Halo 3.5]
3 LAAG ingame [Halo 3.5]
4 Energy Sword ingame [Halo 3.5]

Images on right hand side are from Halo:SE

EDIT: Your missile pod is also backwards ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:52:43 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0