Author Topic: Soldat Skin Changer  (Read 3915 times)

Offline gunbeezy

• Major(1)
Soldat Skin Changer
« on: November 23, 2008, 02:48:46 pm »
Hmm what happend to that program? i mean yea its still here and stuff but like what happend to the heads being invis? i cant do that anymore :(

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: Soldat Skin Changer
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 02:54:43 pm »
It was pretty much decided that having an invicible head was an unfair advantage, and most people will votekick you for it.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Memxio

• Major
  • Rugertard
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 03:15:19 pm »
Is there no way to only allow invisible skin if the Soldat has hair or is wearing a hat or helmet? In the latter case, the accessory would have to be permanent so as to prevent it from falling off during combat.

Unfortunately, this sounds like it would be either impossible or more trouble than it's worth.

Offline gunbeezy

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 03:17:29 pm »
Thats horrible... :'( :'( :'(

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 03:21:40 pm »
Nah, it really isn't that much of a disaster, is it?

Is there no way to only allow invisible skin if the Soldat has hair or is wearing a hat or helmet? In the latter case, the accessory would have to be permanent so as to prevent it from falling off during combat.

Unfortunately, this sounds like it would be either impossible or more trouble than it's worth.

Pretty much sums it up, yeah :)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 04:00:39 pm »
we should instead add more other stuff that arn't unfair. Let's see what comes in the next verson, I have a feeling we will get something added to the head/upper part, ammiright? (think I heard it in the interview of michael)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 04:03:45 pm »
we should instead add more other stuff that arn't unfair. Let's see what comes in the next verson, I have a feeling we will get something added to the head/upper part, ammiright? (think I heard it in the interview of michael)

That's brilliant, pumpkin.

Offline Antipathy

• Major(1)
  • Set it free.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 02:19:51 pm »
I used to have an invisible head, with a hat to compensate. I don't think anybody complained, and it was actually quite funny when my hat got shot off. Of course that was way back in 1.2.1 and 1.3.0, today the community seems to whine about pretty much everything and is generally a lot more immature.

Is it still possible to make your skin invisible? In other words, what's the number that goes in Skin_Color= XXXX in soldat.ini?

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 02:28:34 pm »
No.
Use search next time. (or just read the thread in which you're posting)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 02:33:18 pm »
you can still be headless in singleplayer

Offline Antipathy

• Major(1)
  • Set it free.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 03:37:29 pm »
(or just read the thread in which you're posting)

I merely thought that the program wasn't supported anymore, and you would have to change the color code yourself. My apologies.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 07:01:52 pm »
I used to have an invisible head, with a hat to compensate. I don't think anybody complained, and it was actually quite funny when my hat got shot off. Of course that was way back in 1.2.1 and 1.3.0, today the community seems to whine about pretty much everything and is generally a lot more immature.
QFT

I can see how it might annoy people to be headless during say, a league match, but in a normal pub I think it would be fine to be headless. I'd suggest an option in some .ini somewhere that sets the possibility of a head on the server-side.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 07:04:53 pm »
That's not a bad idea.. Make a real suggestion out of it and let's see what people think.

Offline Therier

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 01:40:43 pm »
I can't understand why much of guys are saying that it's bad thing that you can't be invisible anymore, I see it as improvement in this game. It's good that there isn't anymore "headless" players, because that you could make your head invisible in version like 1.2.1 did gave you little benefit. And thing like that just aren't fair, and this game should be fair, to everyone.