Had'em teeth pulled out?

No, kept'em.
10 (58.8%)
Yes.
5 (29.4%)
Haven't had mine, nor shall I ever
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: wisdom teeth  (Read 2035 times)

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: wisdom teeth
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 10:27:55 pm »
Had to get mine removed, not by choice.  Although it did get me out of school for a little while.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 10:28:56 pm »
>_> This has nothing to do with manliness, contrary to Panzer's preachings.

My girlfriend wears the pants in the relationship. Not afraid to say it. XD

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 12:09:44 am »
Pssh. I had 4 teeth taken out and they weren't wisdom teeth before I had to put on braces at age 16. At age 18 I had to take all 4 of my wisdom teeth out and didn't feel any pain post surgery.

8 teeth pulled all together.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 03:58:49 am »
Had mine surgically extracted from (mostly) under the gums a few years back. Was pretty gnarly. I dunno if this is typical or whatever, but they gave me this plastic syringe sort of thing that I had to use daily to flush out the horrible little pits where the roots were, and if I stuck it far enough down into them, I could actually feel the end of it colliding with my jawbone. Didn't eat much that week, but got me out of school, so there you go. I took it pretty well.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 04:16:28 am »
lol Panzercat, why would you say the operation is for pussies?  unless you're too pussy to have it :P

I hope I dont have to have an operation, since im really careful with my teeth.  it scares me to think of having them damaged.  the worst thing I can think of is having one or two knocked out like I did when I was little.. 

Player since late 2007

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 06:51:37 am »
@Kazuki, yeah man. I always liked Prayer of the Refugee back in GH:LoR, so I bought the new album, and now I'm just totally in love with Rise Against all over again. Savior and Hero of War are such awesome songs.

Had mine surgically extracted from (mostly) under the gums a few years back. Was pretty gnarly. I dunno if this is typical or whatever, but they gave me this plastic syringe sort of thing that I had to use daily to flush out the horrible little pits where the roots were, and if I stuck it far enough down into them, I could actually feel the end of it colliding with my jawbone. Didn't eat much that week, but got me out of school, so there you go. I took it pretty well.

Holy crap!.. You could actually feel your jawbone? That's pretty gross, man! :D This one time I was riding my bike in the woods, and I was going up a hill. All of a sudden my chain came off, causing my legs to just spin. I was standing at the time, putting all my weight and force of the muscles onto the right leg, preparing for the next stroke. So, 'cause of all this I hammered my right knee down onto the bar, which was like oval in shape, bending down. There were these little bolts on it where you could attach a bottleholder, but I hadn't got around to doing that. As a result of this, my knee was torn open, and my kneecap became visible. Man, that was so fucked up. Had to ride my bike to the doctor's, 'cause there was no one else around.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 07:23:18 am »
Yow. Tapping bone with plastic is one thing, but I'd rather avoid actually seeing my own endoskeleton if possible. :P

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 09:42:18 am »
it has everything to do with manliness

contrary to kazukis obvious domination fetish

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 09:56:10 am »
Aye, he does have that.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 12:42:53 pm »

yea it's somewhat uncommon, my one wisdom tooth was misplaced to the point that they had to remove a piece of my jawbone to properly remove the tooth without damaging any nerves
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 03:54:09 pm »
They aren't in yet, but it's possible I won't get them because my mom didn't.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 08:11:14 pm »
No one answerd yet ~_~ Are they painful if they grow in a wrong way?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 08:43:16 pm »
No one answerd yet ~_~ Are they painful if they grow in a wrong way?
2 of mine were impacted (they grow in the wrong way) and I could feel the edge of them along my bottom gum line, but they didn't hurt. If you begin to feel discomfort or pain while chewing or even moving your jaws around, then it's time to get them removed.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P