Author Topic: My new project  (Read 115487 times)

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
Re: My new project
« Reply #460 on: December 27, 2006, 06:53:52 am »
I decided not to.
But this whole thread is about people asking to get screenshots and such. When we know perfectly well that he works by releasing stuff when he wants to, not when others do. So pestering him isn't helping anyone.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #461 on: December 27, 2006, 02:29:57 pm »
Still nothing!! jeeze after all this time i thought maybe a smidgen of detail! I bet hes not even workin on it, prolly like once or twice a week...

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #462 on: December 27, 2006, 02:33:01 pm »
Still nothing!! jeeze after all this time i thought maybe a smidgen of detail! I bet hes not even workin on it, prolly like once or twice a week...

Some people have these amazing things, called jobs and social lives.
not around

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2006, 02:37:39 pm »
Yea and also a thing called freetime! wow amazing isnt it! I have a job too, and a thing called school and social life, but i still manage to have freetime. so there should be no excuse for his lack of progress, except its christmas

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #464 on: December 27, 2006, 02:39:19 pm »
Yea and also a thing called freetime! wow amazing isnt it! I have a job too, and a thing called school and social life, but i still manage to have freetime. so there should be no excuse for his lack of progress, except its christmas

Yeah, and I'm sure programming Soldat is the best thing that MM knows of!

Jeez, give the man a break for crying out loud.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 02:47:16 pm by Toumaz »

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
« Reply #465 on: December 27, 2006, 02:46:00 pm »
Hey, i dont mean to be mean, but im just impatient, you gotta understand, i dont like to wait. And im pretty sure no-one else does either.

Offline Shu

• Major(1)
« Reply #466 on: December 27, 2006, 06:02:31 pm »
yea we all have social lives, but as a coder i can tell MM did an awful job with the announcements !!!!

Why announce a game 548745 months before the release ?

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #467 on: December 28, 2006, 05:53:55 am »
Okay what you seem to have forgotten is that he announced he will START making this game. He has also announced details about it AND he has announced that he is having problems with the multiplayer section as this bit is completely different from Soldat. He is trying to fix out all the bugs and will only release it when its done, not when its half done.
If he does release it half done he will get another dozen more complaints saying 'why doesn't multiplayer work' and 'bots get stuck doing this'. Ironing out small problems is one of the things coders do (except in big companies) to makke the public happy.

About his free time. Okay, he has a job and social life. Sure they matter above all else. He then has some free time in which to code. But who here will: wake up, work, code a little, go for a night out, sleep. repeat.
He won't be spending all his free time on coding and his free time may be very little.

Just stop complaining and sit and wait. Once it has been released you can give all the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM you want.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #468 on: December 28, 2006, 06:06:35 am »
Well, stop being unnice now, have fun :P be friends! kekekek, ok well looking forward to CG, hope it will be in the style of soldat (fast gameplay) that would rock, well ok Bye Bye

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #469 on: December 28, 2006, 03:04:00 pm »
Give the guy a break guys. On Top of making this game he IS Working on soldat 1.3.2 is he not?
It'll be done when it's done. Unless one of you guys wanna go help him make it. Till then shut ur yaps and cheer him ON from the sidelines.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #470 on: December 30, 2006, 10:09:55 pm »
spam by Splinter-Snake deleted

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #471 on: January 03, 2007, 05:37:16 pm »
I can imagine this game in it's full glory (mind the pun)... airplanes flying everywhere, soldiers dieing on land, bullets whizzing through the air, explosions rocking the earth around you.
This game sounds so interesting and I bet it's going to be a blast to play.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #472 on: January 10, 2007, 01:14:28 am »
THATS AWESOME! hope it'll be a great success.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Julian Stokroos

• Major(1)
« Reply #473 on: January 12, 2007, 02:58:15 pm »
He is also using 3d environments ever heared of the 3d skybox (source engine feature) that's a skybox that can move and do anything it wants and even if it has combine soldiers rendered in it u can shoot those combines so that means everything is really interactive if he is really implementing that in the game it will take allot work respect his work aswell maybe he's doing this project in C++ if so i learned allot and my project is slowely coming together if he's doing it in C++ i dunno his past working with C++ if he didn't it can take a while for the learning part just be patient.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #474 on: January 13, 2007, 03:57:40 pm »
Ever heard of punctuation and paragraphing?
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2007, 12:35:48 pm »
appearently he wanted to make that R game first. which isnt THAT good, but not bad. We all Believe in you MM!! You can do it!!

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #476 on: January 21, 2007, 12:47:45 am »
Do any of you know how BORING making a game is? Especially one that's good?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #477 on: January 21, 2007, 05:09:24 am »
Yes, that's why I've never finished one.
.. And that's why I haven't complained here yet on "how long" it's taking.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #478 on: January 21, 2007, 12:17:31 pm »
Do any of you know how BORING making a game is? Especially one that's good?
The one who is bored when making a game, is definitely not the right person making the game.
As long as you do not enjoy what you are doing, you won't do it as well as you could, and should do it.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
« Reply #479 on: January 21, 2007, 01:41:10 pm »
well, im working to be a game programmer. And im pretty sure most people would find that boring, but i think it is a great oppurtunity.