vote

Yes.
16 (39%)
No.
22 (53.7%)
I don't care.
3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: LAW back blast  (Read 4079 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: LAW back blast
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 01:19:18 pm »
the law should have a different separate firing animation. It should be fired over than under armed. and yes back blast would be a good idea too, but killing or even injuring someone is not feasable in soldat.

Yea it's always made me wonder why the soldaten in the game carry the LAW like an assault rifle :?
But even if you're gonna do a back blast, make it something small, like a little bit of smoke or something...
b&

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 08:15:25 pm »
I don't like this idea, f11'ed.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 08:40:32 pm »
Shouldnt kill the person near maybe smoke come out from the back I guess that be mnore realistic
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:15:12 pm by AntiHero »
Infiltration|Veterinarian

DarkCrusade

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 12:28:47 am »
How to improve LAW: Remove startup, significantly lower reload (like fuggin' halve it), fire while standing (not in the air), make it able to fire in air but being inaccurate, increase speed. Pick one, some, or all. This is not it.
I guess we shouldn´t talk about the balancing of the LAW in this thread, simply make a little mod with a changed weapons.ini and see what it brings to do that all. I tested it myself and I regret that the LAW gets superpowers with that, even if I just change that all slightly ...

LAW is not a weapon to be fired in midair (wuuha, backblast in midair is definetly very uncool for a soldat in reality), to be fired while standing (completly idiocy in reality) and like it was often mentioned: adding more gfx to Soldat makes all mods more worse, if they handle special themes like Heretic II or Metalknights it wont look that good like it looked before adding the gfx for smoke, even if it looks good on normal Soldat.

I dislike this idea from every point you can give, in my opinion the LAW is second best secondary you can choose, because you don´t need as much skills as for the knife. Simply let it stay the way it is at the moment, beware from changing its speed, it makes perfect ricochetshots like Poppin mentioned, maybe lower the startuptime a bit, but do NOT enable shots in midair ...

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 10:31:27 am »
I can't imagine any sane son of a bitch trying to shoot an M72 LAW (When they still called it Bazooka...Bad times...) while standing up, if that thing doesn't tear you in half you'll still lose your arm from the shoulder and on...If you're lucky.
b&

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 10:54:32 am »
First off I'd like to see anyone fire a minigun at all or hold it. Second, this guy must not be sane.

Edit
Click
Click
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:05:52 pm by LtKillroy »
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 11:48:12 am »
First off I'd like to see anyone fire a minigun at all or hold it. Second, this guy must not be sane.

Omg...Why didn't he point the camera at the explosion...Fake???
b&

Offline SuperSissi

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 07:44:55 am »

Omg...Why didn't he point the camera at the explosion...Fake???
That's a practice rocket (no explosives).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHZBGJbaRLE

M72A2 LAW.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:51:37 am by SuperSissi »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 08:19:34 am »
Whoever wants realism, then for the minigun, the soldat should have an exoskeleton to even HOLD the minigun, and two little slaves which will have to follow him with the batteries and ammo for it.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 08:45:24 am »
Whoever wants realism, then for the minigun, the soldat should have an exoskeleton to even HOLD the minigun, and two little slaves which will have to follow him with the batteries and ammo for it.

The minigun has it's own battery in it.
Lol screw realism it's awesome to look at, plus even weak ass Hitman (Agent 47) can carry one, so what the fuck? XD
b&

Offline poodleinacan

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 06:45:53 am »
I bet you had that idea by watching the movie "Red october".
But it's a good idea.....the problem is, when a game is set wih friendly fire.....the friendly bot would kill us is they go behind us...
After 3 years, I'm back on the forums!

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 12:37:27 pm »
The LAW definitely needs something changed about it; but not what has been suggested in this topic. I am open to other suggestions though.... Reenable firing in air while proned perhaps?

YES YES YES YES YES IN THE AIR!!!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 12:44:27 pm »
The LAW definitely needs something changed about it; but not what has been suggested in this topic. I am open to other suggestions though.... Reenable firing in air while proned perhaps?

NO NO NO not in the air.
Before posting crap like that you should explain why and maybe take your time to see other people's opinions as they might make more sense than yours...It would disturb the balance too much, and make the LAW overpowered and abused.
b&

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 02:34:12 pm »
Negative.  In reality yes. In soldat, you'd have to justify why, because soldat is not reality.

But isn't makinbg soldat more realistic and a better game is our job ?
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 04:21:20 pm »
Negative.  In reality yes. In soldat, you'd have to justify why, because soldat is not reality.

NO NO NO not in the air.
Before posting crap like that you should explain why and maybe take your time to see other people's opinions as they might make more sense than yours...It would disturb the balance too much, and make the LAW overpowered and abused.

How the hell would you know that? Have you actually seen how it works? Were you around when it was possible the last time?
You could also tell us why it would be so overpowered :'( The startup phucks things up a bit now.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:25:38 pm by Dusty »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 04:54:40 pm »
How about reloading faster when sitting down or proning? since enesce sais something needs to be done with it.
I think it's fine as it is.
I think it would be cool if the shot went slower, so you could shoot over things, but I don't know how good idea that is, it would make it more of a close combat weapon. 
Enesce, isn't it fine the way it is?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:57:56 pm by homerofgods »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 05:06:13 pm »

NO NO NO not in the air.

How the hell would you know that? Have you actually seen how it works? Were you around when it was possible the last time?
You could also tell us why it would be so overpowered :'( The startup phucks things up a bit now.

Actually that's why the LAW falls down to simply become a defensive weapon, or a last resort-er that is simple as your "phuck"...
You simply hold it and whatever is coming at you is dead...It's fast, it's gt a good arc, and it's a 1 hitter even if not directly...
What I know I know from watching demo's and other footage from previous versions, there. Happy now?
b&

Offline poodleinacan

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 11:51:39 am »
The LAW must not shoot slower missiles...I never saw any "SLOW" missile...
After 3 years, I'm back on the forums!