Author Topic: Worms Mines as a bullet type?  (Read 951 times)

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
Worms Mines as a bullet type?
« on: December 05, 2008, 12:44:34 pm »
I want to script a bow and mine sub-game mode for Soldat, this game mode is WICKED in Worms, it's the best game mode on there and it's really fun, basicly everything is do-able except the mines, because:

1. You can't drop a grenade anywhere you want to and even if you could:

2. You can't shoot a grenade and make it move.

So basically that's what I want, a little worms mine that looks like this:

The fuse can be adjusted betweed 5 seconds and 1 sec (instant).

If shot or if something explodes near it, etc. it can get moved or even fall off it's perch etc.

About the game-mode:

This plays kinda like the Worms sub-game mode (not the DB one). Each Soldat has 8 "worms", if it's not your turn you are a spectator. When it is your turn you get to move or shoot. There are little platforms that you can move onto or some have mines on them so you can shoot the mine and hope it hits another "worm", if it hits a worms there's about a 90% chance he will die. Here is a picture of the Worms map:

When you enter if a round is going on you start with the average number of "Worms" from each team on the map. So let's say there's 4 "teams" (A team is a soldat, 1 person) 1 team has 5 worms, 1 team has 6 worms 1 team has 1 worm and 1 team has 3 worms. If someone joins he will have a team of 3.75 worms, round it off, so they will have 4 worms.

That's basically it, I hope you understand, there's ALOT of explosions and alot has to do with luck. When the time limit is over sudden death begins usually on the worms game mode but we can't really do that with Soldat unless you can change sceneries...

Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Re: Worms Mines as a bullet type?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 02:25:57 pm »
is anyone gonna reply?

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 03:16:33 pm »
Um...no? As it has been said by many(and I mean MANY) that Soldat shouldn't be changed because you want something for a sub-gamemode. Anyways I think it is completely useless and the only benefit would be that you could make your gamemode...other then that it doesn't improve anything.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 04:38:50 pm »
Nobody likes having to depend of luck, so then what's the point of it?

Ohyeah I join in the server, I want to play, but here all you have to do is or either wait as an spectator, or move/fire and watch the boom... Go play Worms for this, this is Soldat...

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 07:37:25 pm »
this isnt just for a sub game mode you can use it in normal matches too mines are part of being a solider, its not like im asking for a lightsaber to be implemented

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 03:46:59 am »
But implementing a weapon as complicated to use as amine isn't like the soldat we want, you want mines, throw nades under someone's feet. But no to this.
b&

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 04:26:15 am »
I'd like to see that map in Soldat (with those fruits being colliders or normal polygons and 'infinite' jets). Would be fun for teammatch.

Mines you described - f11.