Author Topic: The new year, and how you plan on celebrating  (Read 3368 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: The new year, and how you plan on celebrating
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 05:12:46 pm »
Although it's impossible to switch your personality from an introvert to an extrovert in your lifetime, you sure can change the level of how much of an introvert you are.

Not at all! Depending on your environment and how hard you try, you can make the transition in a couple of years.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 05:14:07 pm »
I want to develop better posture (it seems I've always got lower-back and neck pain) and get good grades. I can't think of anything else, really.

edit: as for celebrating, I'm not.
There are other worlds than these

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 05:24:27 pm »
Although it's impossible to switch your personality from an introvert to an extrovert in your lifetime, you sure can change the level of how much of an introvert you are.

Not at all! Depending on your environment and how hard you try, you can make the transition in a couple of years.

After taking a few psych courses and especially taking an "Adjusments to Life" Psych course this semester, they pretty much nailed the fact you are born extrovert or introvert. However, experiences tend to shift the amount of extrovert or introvert you are, but never in your lifetime will you switch over. Think as you wish though, I am no professor.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 08:25:12 pm »
I'm going to spend the new year with my cousins from Korea. It's going to be amazing showing Atlantic City and many other places.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 09:29:43 pm »
After taking a few psych courses and especially taking an "Adjusments to Life" Psych course this semester, they pretty much nailed the fact you are born extrovert or introvert. However, experiences tend to shift the amount of extrovert or introvert you are, but never in your lifetime will you switch over. Think as you wish though, I am no professor.

My screenname is ProfessorKazuki and I approve of this message.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 11:16:21 am »
I'm backpacking to Mistercharles' house. Happy New Year!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 12:27:09 pm »

Taking those personality tests in high school, I was a definite introvert. But that doesn't stop me from going out and having fun and all those goodies. The introvert part of me is mostly from first time meetings but quickly goes away. I'd suggest you celebrate the new year. Sure, a nice dinner with the family is good, but you can also have that the other 364 days of the year also. Do something different

Introvert simply means a preference to be alone (or with only close relatives) + usually thinking a lot and having an interest in ideas - it's not the same as unsociable.

I more or less already have new year resolutions, which I'm working to fulfill starting from this year - since next year I'll be taking my 'O'-levels. That would also mean I need to start revising and studying and practicing, though I'm having lots of problems.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:43:56 pm by STM1993 »

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 11:16:17 am »

Good thing I was never born.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:15 pm »
is no one going to party the fuck out of the new year

i know i am

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 12:48:31 pm »
Introvert simply means a preference to be alone (or with only close relatives) + usually thinking a lot and having an interest in ideas - it's not the same as unsociable.

I more or less already have new year resolutions, which I'm working to fulfill starting from this year - since next year I'll be taking my 'O'-levels. That would also mean I need to start revising and studying and practicing, though I'm having lots of problems.

You're completely right and I never said it wasn't that(actually the preference includes avoidance of strangers, friends, AND even close relatives for elongated periods of times). I was saying just because you know you're introvert, doesn't mean you should follow the stereotype. I just felt the way you said you're first statement made it sound like you were being held back from other events just because you know you're an introvert.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 03:40:41 am »
I'll probably just go hunting or something as usual. :P

sweet.  Wish I could go out and shoot stuff here in aus ;<

I dont have anything planned but i'm hoping to make new friends and stuff at school (since i'm in a small-ass school there isnt a whole lot of social opportunity.  It does suit me though, but I like to have my mates there when I need 'em)

And I cant wait to get into graphics at school next year

for new years, I hope to go camping to the beach or something.  i've done it for the last two years in a row, its an awesome experience you can just walk down and party and have a few on the beach and play with flares and screw around.  and the fireworks are 10x better close up on the beach.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:43:51 am by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007