Author Topic: changing the speed and other things.?  (Read 904 times)

Offline kuposrock

• Major(1)
  • iz are the muffin man
changing the speed and other things.?
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:21:02 am »
Is there a way to change the speed of a player or team. And to change the damage of a weapon for that team only?

I wanna know this cause i was gonna make a new type of zombie server.DONT STEAL MY IDEA!
Well like some one starts out as a zombie and they can run faster then other players, and the alive people have more powerful guns to defend from the zombies. After a zombie kills a player the player turns into a zombie and runs faster and what not.
[signature removed; please read forum rules]

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: changing the speed and other things.?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:23:22 am »
I suppose for the speed thing you could use a combination of apponidle, GetPlayerStat(id, 'velx/y'), and that function by avarax to push players around. Would be interesting if done properly.

For the team thing, thats very possible. In OnPlayerDamage, simply check the team of the shooter and modify the Result variable accordingly.

Offline Surfzy

• Major(1)
  • Living the life
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:24:13 am »
The whole infectionus zombie script has already been made by another player called Snowy
but im sure you could come up with something to make your script stand out from his.

Offline kuposrock

• Major(1)
  • iz are the muffin man
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 01:36:45 am »
The whole infectionus zombie script has already been made by another player called Snowy
but im sure you could come up with something to make your script stand out from his.

ya ill think of something..
this might be a little out of my league at the moment. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:20:35 am by EnEsCe »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:09:42 pm »
I'm making my own zombie script based off the book World War Z, and I'm using pretty much what iDante said to slow down the zombies.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:26:45 pm »
I'm making my own zombie script based off the book World War Z, and I'm using pretty much what iDante said to slow down the zombies.
I LOVE that book. If you need any help at all, ANYTHING, just PM me.

And on the subject, I was thinking about making a Left 4 Dead script, anyone think that would be a good idea (there do seem to be a good deal of zombie scripts in the making)?

Offline kuposrock

• Major(1)
  • iz are the muffin man
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 11:59:01 pm »
Does anyone wanna help me script, not the zombie thing just help me get everything. if u do my msn is kuposrock@hotmail.com or kuposrock on xfire. (>'-')> help plox
and dont send me a link to the scripting tut i read it like 4 times.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:04:00 am by kuposrock »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:06:52 pm »
I LOVE that book. If you need any help at all, ANYTHING, just PM me.

And on the subject, I was thinking about making a Left 4 Dead script, anyone think that would be a good idea (there do seem to be a good deal of zombie scripts in the making)?
'tis a good book indeed, and i'll be getting on to working on it a bit more now that my exams are over.

I've never played Left 4 dead, but if it brings some new ideas in to the zombie mode I'm sure it will be good.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs