Author Topic: Soldat Xmas Special!  (Read 14946 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: Soldat Xmas Special!
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 12:41:30 pm »
I'm surprised how painless butt-- registering was. .. And how cheap  :)

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 08:17:57 pm »
Soldat 1.5 is in beta stage for a while now. There are just some final tweaks that we need to make to prepare it for release. So I guess early 2009 we`ll have this version officialy out!

I think the best present right now would be the release of soldat 1.5 but this is a good offer though!
It's great to hear that the new version is comming up

I think best chirstmas present for every Soldat player would be recode whole netcode and make this game have much less latency and bugs. That's all we need.
It's not this simple, nor will ever be this simple for one simple reason:
Soldat utilizes UDP packet transfer ingame, and UDP packets assume that error-checking etc. is not needed, so these packets sometimes arrive malformed or not at all, though in turn pings are much lower. Now, Soldat is a really fast-paced game and using TDP which sends the packets both back and forth would increase pings a lot, though "eats" wouldn't exist as much. Do you really want NA's getting 500 ping on EU servers? I'd rather the eats even though it is pretty shitty :E
This is pretty basic and if anybody has any corrections please feel free to call me a fucking idiot!
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline bl00rg

• Major(1)
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 08:34:19 am »
lol its not TDP but TPC, it should'nt be changed into tpc imo, but improve the current udp, add some packet loss checks if thers none or improve them etc

Offline Sinfil

• Major(1)
    • Laughing Man Underground
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2008, 03:35:35 pm »
...*TCP, anyone?

Regardless, UDP error checking is provided by other protocols, mainly the application- Soldat itself.

The network could stand a re-working, but I personally have no complaints. It works, and for me, it works great.
I think a thanks is in order to Marcinkowski, who not only provides this game free of charge, but continues to provide "deals" such as this Christmas special ;]

Even though I already have a registered copy, I'll probably be purchasing another, just to support him.

-SInnER-

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 08:12:48 am »
good offer and a great bargain, more money means more production on the new realease of soldat.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline KodiakJack

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2008, 03:48:14 am »
I think a good present would be to improve the netcode.

Offline Ervis

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 02:01:08 am »
Lol @ the replies to THIS AWESOME OFFER.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 11:49:14 am »
-Just an idea I had: Gather money for it, when a certain sum of money is given you can pay a guy to rewrite it  :P

I've asked EnEsCe about similar idea, but he said "that's Bribery. we won't accept bribes" :P

Concerning accounts: imo it can be brilliant, but only if done well (which is the way I think MM will do it).
And if ranking would be based on player's results compared to other players results (somehow like google page rank), I hope it wouldn't encourage people to lame.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 02:20:35 pm »
(...)
In other news: there is a super secret project that we`re doing with FliesLikeABrick and ElephantHunter. I`ll write more about this in the future, but for now let me just say the improved Soldat Forums are just the first step in the upcoming changes. I can mention three words that you can expect from this new project: community, accounts, rankings.
(...)

Hey, what about this super secret project ?
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community